Author Topic: "Sealing the Deal" for Original Series Wackys  (Read 29873 times)

Offline cmgmd

Re: "Sealing the Deal" for Original Series Wackys
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 07:09:31 AM »
Let's open this up and suvey...
According to the Kook Kriteria for diecuts, I'm an:
A

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2016, 07:14:18 AM »
I declare:

A= Complete diecut set including all 12 number variations (This includes original, authentic Ratz & Cracked)

B= Complete diecut set as numbered with original authentic #32 Ratz & #38 Cracked

C= Complete diecut set as numbered with #32 Weakies & #38 Cracked Jerk (May or may not include Ratz & Cracked Repros)

D= Complete diecut set as numbered except Ratz & Cracked are Repros

* As with the qualification of OS series run, no punched, gumless or otherwise excessively damaged wackys in the collection. I will leave it to define excessively damaged to the individual collector.

So Tom, you have either a C or D set  :great:

I think this is pretty good. One suggestion. By proposed definition, my set would be a C set. Mine consists of if all number variations (unpunched) but my Ratz & Cracked are Repros. I think we need a level between your proposed B and C since it is easier to collect all other number variations than it is to get original   Ratz & Cracked.  What do ya think?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
I think we need a level between your proposed B and C since it is easier to collect all other number variations than it is to get original Ratz & Cracked.  What do ya think?
Based on Kook's defs, I am a "D".   :sad:

cmgmd: I'd say you're in a fairly small club with an "A" set. [in my best Darth Vader] Impressive!!

Scot, I disagree, though, with your statement. Obtaining a 21 Jolly Mean is probably more difficult than even Ratz/Cracked, no?

Lastly, Pat: sorry, but like Bill wrote, I'd say no punched ones count. 'tis like having a full OS 1-16 that is all peeled or borderless. Cool, but not a set.  :D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 05:31:55 PM »

Lastly, Pat: sorry, but like Bill wrote, I'd say no punched ones count. 'tis like having a full OS 1-16 that is all peeled or borderless. Cool, but not a set.  :D

I actually kind of like borderless Wackys, but I have also been described as a little odd......  :P

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »
Based on Kook's defs, I am a "D".   :sad:

cmgmd: I'd say you're in a fairly small club with an "A" set. [in my best Darth Vader] Impressive!!

Scot, I disagree, though, with your statement. Obtaining a 21 Jolly Mean is probably more difficult than even Ratz/Cracked, no?

I can't speak to numbers produced, so that may be well be true. When I was making a push to fill in my collection back around 1993/94 (back when I had some pre-kids, early 30s money), there were more #21 Jolly Means available. Maybe I just lucked into one or ran with a Jolly Mean heavy crowd on Prodigy. 

On the punched topic, maybe there should be a bottom tier that is all the Diecut titles, whether punched, unpunched, repo or a combination.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
I think this is pretty good. One suggestion. By proposed definition, my set would be a C set. Mine consists of if all number variations (unpunched) but my Ratz & Cracked are Repros. I think we need a level between your proposed B and C since it is easier to collect all other number variations than it is to get original   Ratz & Cracked.  What do ya think?
I was an A and sold the set.

I am now an F as I have all titles in punched form including Ratz and Cracked.

I have a pile of diecuts that I will be selling off some day over the winter when outside activities no longer dominate my nights and weekends.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 04:26:51 AM »
I can't speak to numbers produced, so that may be well be true. When I was making a push to fill in my collection back around 1993/94 (back when I had some pre-kids, early 30s money), there were more #21 Jolly Means available. Maybe I just lucked into one or ran with a Jolly Mean heavy crowd on Prodigy. 

On the punched topic, maybe there should be a bottom tier that is all the Diecut titles, whether punched, unpunched, repo or a combination.

Using Kook's definitions, my unpunched set would be a C.  I am three away from an A, needing two number variations (Grave Train 6 and Jolly Mean 21) and Ratz.  I fear it will be harder to get the two variations than a Ratz.

I know my punched set doesn't count, but I'm holding on to it until I get an original Ratz.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
Using Kook's definitions, my unpunched set would be a C.  I am three away from an A, needing two number variations (Grave Train 6 and Jolly Mean 21) and Ratz.  I fear it will be harder to get the two variations than a Ratz.

I know my punched set doesn't count, but I'm holding on to it until I get an original Ratz.
Grave Train #6 is the easiest of the 3.   You should be able to get one in the $200 range, no?  I might even have one, have you asked me about this in the past?  I have little recollection of what I have scurried away.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline drono

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »
I'm an A on the 1-16 run and an A on the Ads with both large and short perfs.
I'd be an A on the die cuts if I had the #21 Jolly Mean.  I have one punched, but there's no guarantee it's not a 43.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »
Just for some fun info to see if there's any big improvements, has anyone completed a full OS 1-16 run from the last time someone posted in this topic? (Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.)

I'm a "Z" by the way.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2017, 03:08:16 PM »
I'm a "Z" by the way.
As in, eventually, you'll get Z full set?  :)

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »
As in, eventually, you'll get Z full set?  :)

Oh. I was considering Z as a partial set, considering it IS the last letter... I only have the sets 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 finished. (I'm only missing 2 from S1, 2 from S3, 2 from S4, 2 from S7, 3 from S10, and lots from the others. Of course, I'm starting to get the PSA bug. I just like the way that the cards seem professionally graded even though the grading can be done piss poor...

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
Ahhh, I remember the days when 'sealing the deal' meant something completely different!!
    Me thinks these stickers hath warp-ed thine min-eds.   

Sigh.
Smokin' Joe

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »
Curious:

Has anyone here completed a 1-16 or Die-cuts set since the last post?

As I’ve said, I have 1-15 without most checklists and missing some variations like Grime Heavy and Spic and Span.

Anyone get anything new?
Thanks

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
I currently have a 1 - 16 run with all sticker and puzzle variations. 1st and 16th are graded. Currently working on a graded die-cut set. That'll give me something to do for the next several years.  :o  :great:

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »
I currently have a 1 - 16 run with all sticker and puzzle variations. 1st and 16th are graded. Currently working on a graded die-cut set. That'll give me something to do for the next several years.  :o  :great:

Good luck on graded die-cuts. That set has been growing on me ever since I started it. Unfortunately it isn't as easy as the 1-16 to get in good shape. You've probably seen this before when I've posted it, but this is pretty much my prized die-cut.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »
Fink was the first Die Cut I ever purchased, at the first show I ever went to looking for wackys. It was the erstwhile Parsippany show in August, 2001. That was the first time I met Ernie also. That Fink has since been replaced by this one...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »
Curious:

As I’ve said, I have 1-15 without most checklists and missing some variations like Grime Heavy and Spic and Span.

Anyone get anything new?
Thanks

I thought I was going to complete my graded die cut series this month, but the Ratz escaped me.  Hopefully soon I'll be getting a different one.

Offline drono

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2018, 03:52:19 AM »
It was the erstwhile Parsippany show in August, 2001. That was the first time I met Ernie also.

I think I was at that show and met Ernie for the first time too.  I actually saw him at a MAC machine while we were both getting more cash, but I didn't know who he was.  Great times!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2018, 05:06:47 AM »
I thought I was going to complete my graded die cut series this month, but the Ratz escaped me.  Hopefully soon I'll be getting a different one.

Good luck to you on that Ratz.

Offline drono

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2018, 06:23:55 AM »

What's a graded Ratz/Cracked/21 Jolly going for these days?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
... but the Ratz escaped me.
Need to set out a Ratz trap?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
I finally finished the 16th puzzle! My Old Grandmom is borderless, but I still feel like I'm there.

Curious:

Anyone get anything new?
Thanks

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2021, 05:42:18 AM »
Okay, A Listers (and B Listers, and C Listers)…How did you do it? Stickers are out there, but please share stories about how you completed your collection. Im not asking what you spent, that would be rude. But did you buy entire sets? Trade for the last few cards? Take on a side job to pay for cards? Did anyone actually acquire most of their Wackys as a kid by opening packs? I may never afford to join the A List, but its fun to try. As in most things, the getting there part is probably more work and more fun than the being there part….
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 05:45:57 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2021, 07:45:47 AM »
Okay, A Listers (and B Listers, and C Listers)…How did you do it? Stickers are out there, but please share stories about how you completed your collection. Im not asking what you spent, that would be rude. But did you buy entire sets? Trade for the last few cards? Take on a side job to pay for cards? Did anyone actually acquire most of their Wackys as a kid by opening packs? I may never afford to join the A List, but its fun to try. As in most things, the getting there part is probably more work and more fun than the being there part….

The majority of the raw stickers in my 1-16 were from my childhood, but many of those sets were incomplete.  I started tackling the project after college; generally, if I was missing less than half the set, I completed the partial set I had, either one at a time or in lots.  Series 16 I never saw as a kid, and I just bought a complete set with the puzzle - that was back in 1999.  The same seller had a fantastic Series 1 set as well, so I picked that up from him around the same time.

I remember I had a Spic and Span, but had to buy Grime Heavy.  The alternate puzzles I built myself with a mix of my childhood sets and what I picked up as an adult.  The very last item I needed to join the "A" list was a Series 6 puzzle piece, which I found at a science fiction convention.

For future fun, you can always upgrade, and/or attack the Ads and the die-cuts.  Posters, too!