Author Topic: Wacky-Base  (Read 2988 times)

Offline kookaid

Wacky-Base
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
I have the new updated Wacky-Base (thanks vahsurfer !) but I'm having trouble backing up. I've input some new wacky's and then back them up. When I try and restore the data the new stuff isn't in there. Am I being blonde?
Any help would be appreciated. :-[

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Wacky-Base
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:36 PM »
I am still working diligently on a MAJOR UPDATE!

Make sure you are not set for read only attribute for the file (Old DOS guy talking here)
VERIFY where it is backing up to

Brad's pgm uses MS Access which for better or worse is REAL TIME, meaning if you delete something, it is GONE when you delete it.

Try creating a FAKE Card you will remember...... Look up another card, then go back to your FAKE CARD... Is it there?  Change something about it and then look up another card and then look up your FAKE CARD.... if the changed data is there then the PGM is working correctly.

Let me know your findings,

The Silver Surfer
Surf East Coast Breaks, Inc.

Offline kookaid

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Offline kookaid

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »
I tried what you suggested. The card I entered stays entered when I go back and check it. However, the problem I'm running into,  is when I try and backup the information I've just put in my desktop. When I try and restore it on my laptop the new information (cards) aren't there.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
I tried what you suggested. The card I entered stays entered when I go back and check it. However, the problem I'm running into,  is when I try and backup the information I've just put in my desktop. When I try and restore it on my laptop the new information (cards) aren't there.

no need to backup and restore. Just copy over the WB file. I believe it's something like Wackybase.USR. It's the largest file in the folder. Just copy it over to your laptop in the same directory.

Offline kookaid

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
Yeah, I did that and the wacky's I input aren't shown in "my cards". It's confusing me. I copied the usr file directly from my desktop onto a flash drive and then transferred it to my laptop. The new cards don't show up.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »
BC will hopefully comment soon on a solution, what he suggested should have worked.....

Offline kookaid

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »
Okay, so I was experimenting with the files and I deleted the files in the backup file. I ran the program and there are files in there that are not all mine. Any ideas?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 08:58:57 AM »
sorry guys, no idea. If you copy over the USR file it should replace the previous file. It should be exactly what you have on the other PC.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »
Here is the question........

Someone starts with my version of the USR file and then adds to it, assuming it works and retains.

I issue an update, how can they merge the data, assuming they have added their own stuff ....??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 06:29:07 AM »
Here is the question........

Someone starts with my version of the USR file and then adds to it, assuming it works and retains.

I issue an update, how can they merge the data, assuming they have added their own stuff ....??

It's been a while but I think they would do a backup and then copy over your USR file. Then do a restore. Give it a try.