Author Topic: 2015 series one  (Read 118468 times)

Offline mutigers77

Re: 2015 series one
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »
We have our normal 7-8 cases coming next week...will post scans as usual. I'll try to get the group new scans as soon as we have them on Wednesday.

We will also have a few extra cases...PM me if you are interested.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2015, 11:36:21 PM »
I love this title!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2015, 03:30:58 AM »
Sorry Andrew, I know it's only been a couple months for me to reply..HaHa. I'm not going to bother with this series than maybe ordering a set of patches off eBay. This series looks like a rehash of all ANS series. You can only do so many jokes with one product before it gets stale.

Brad,

There is still time for you to decide to go ahead and buy a box or two of the 2015 Wackies and partake in the fun of launch week. So what if there a rehash factor. For me its like cd's from a band I love that keeps putting out new music. There may be 11 so-so songs on the new one; but those 2 or 3 tracks that really work make you remember why you stick with your band. They still know how to do it. Maybe just not every song is great. But that back catalog is classic.. and buying their music allows them to continue to try to make great new music. So support Wackies in 2015. This brand has made a big difference in your life. Don't walk away from it just because the glory days are over. I look forward to receiving my two collector boxes. I remember pulling my four card Smokin Joe Demented "Desert Scene" Sketch set out of a pack in 2014. I never would have thought the coolest sketches I own would have come out of a box in 2014. You never know.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »
Brad,

There is still time for you to decide to go ahead and buy a box or two of the 2015 Wackies and partake in the fun of launch week. So what if there a rehash factor. For me its like cd's from a band I love that keeps putting out new music. There may be 11 so-so songs on the new one; but those 2 or 3 tracks that really work make you remember why you stick with your band. They still know how to do it. Maybe just not every song is great. But that back catalog is classic.. and buying their music allows them to continue to try to make great new music. So support Wackies in 2015. This brand has made a big difference in your life. Don't walk away from it just because the glory days are over. I look forward to receiving my two collector boxes. I remember pulling my four card Smokin Joe Demented "Desert Scene" Sketch set out of a pack in 2014. I never would have thought the coolest sketches I own would have come out of a box in 2014. You never know.

All this might be true UNLESS of Course they have been.....(wait for it.....).......................................................................
CANCELLED!!! :] :] :] :] :] :o :o :o :o

Offline dth1971

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »
All this might be true UNLESS of Course they have been.....(wait for it.....).......................................................................
CANCELLED!!! :] :] :] :] :] :o :o :o :o

Knock it off, Hustler08, or we'll take you to the unreleased from 2014 Star Wars Wacky Packages series original art room!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Knock it off, Hustler08, or we'll take you to the unreleased from 2014 Star Wars Wacky Packages series original art room!

"Simmer down Francis!!!"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »
Brad,

Andrew, I might cave to the hype. You bring up some good points and I love opening new stuff. Dang it! Peer pressure!!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Andrew, I might cave to the hype. You bring up some good points and I love opening new stuff. Dang it! Peer pressure!!

Drink the Kook Aid, Brad! A

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
one of us,
one of us,
gooble gobble, gooble gobble
one of us

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2015, 02:27:18 AM »
So I guess Monday will be the commencement of "Target Excel Box Stalking" for me. It's always fun to try to score some of these cards out of those packing boxes before other collectors or the store personnel have touched them. Not sure how much I will buy at retail.  Best of luck to all.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2015, 05:37:10 AM »
1. Is Target scheduled to have them this release?
2. Are there unique cards at Target and if so what are they?

I can NOT WAIT!!!! for my cases to arrive!!!!!  :D 8)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2015, 05:46:38 AM »
1. Is Target scheduled to have them this release?
2. Are there unique cards at Target and if so what are they?

I can NOT WAIT!!!! for my cases to arrive!!!!!  :D 8)

Since WalMart is no longer a given, without Target there basically is no retail release, aside from a small amount of Toys R Us sales. No official word but I expect to find this release at Target. Their card sections are still going strong so these should be there.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2015, 03:08:55 AM »
Welcome to Wacky Launch week. I commence Target stalking today. Hopefully the first post of finding these will come from one of us and not be some random ebay listing like like time around.

Offline mutigers77

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »
Nothing in KC....but I did just get notified that the Hobby cases are in with my distributor. They are coming!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »
I'm only close to city Targets (one so small I wonder why they bothered) and they get their cards later than the other Targets with full card sections. So will try later on in the week...A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »
I checked two Philly Targets today and Zippo.  I did receive an email from Dave and Adam's cardworld that my collector boxes shipped today.   ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2015, 03:40:31 PM »
I checked two Philly Targets today and Zippo.  I did receive an email from Dave and Adam's cardworld that my collector boxes shipped today.   ;)

Andrew, you talked me into it. I ordered last Friday from Blowout and I have shipping notice today with overnight shipping. I will have collector cases (2) tomorrow. Just when I was going to control my wacky spending on new stuff. I get pulled right back in. Dang it! I just can't help myself. too weak.....

I haven't read through the whole thread but are we done with lost wacky's as well as bonus? I saw your post on bonus stickers.

Offline mutigers77

« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »
Andrew, you talked me into it. I ordered last Friday from Blowout and I have shipping notice today with overnight shipping. I will have collector cases (2) tomorrow. Just when I was going to control my wacky spending on new stuff. I get pulled right back in. Dang it! I just can't help myself. too weak.....

I haven't read through the whole thread but are we done with lost wacky's as well as bonus? I saw your post on bonus stickers.

Lucky you...getting them day before release.

Keep us posted!

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
I ordered last Friday from Blowout and I have shipping notice today with overnight shipping.

say what? I got no shipping notice from them. didn't spring for overnight shipping, but still.

and yes and yes, none of either according to the flyer

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »

Brad, Glad to hear you joined us. That restores equilibrium to the Wackie Universe. Best of luck in your pulls. Looking forward to your pics and views on the gags.

Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2015, 04:32:42 PM »
i see a dealer has already posted a box image online

my ORANGE RAGE is starting to boil up inside ...  >:D >:D >:D

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »
i see a dealer has already posted a box image online

my ORANGE RAGE is starting to boil up inside ...  >:D >:D >:D

(Image removed from quote.)

Too true but great to see Fred Wheaton's awesome 'Hello Kidney' front and center!

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:34 PM »
Too true but great to see Fred Wheaton's awesome 'Hello Kidney' front and center!
YES indeed. Beautiful

and no bare ass this time either. Rejoice!  ;D

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »

Yes, I agree, Joe.  So far, "Hello Kidney" is one of my top faves of the ones I've seen so far.

Can't wait for the release!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »
say what? I got no shipping notice from them. didn't spring for overnight shipping, but still.

and yes and yes, none of either according to the flyer

I got shipping notice and UPS said it will be delivered by 10:30AM tomorrow but there is zero tracking  on UPS's site. It's now 9PM MT and it shows billing info has been received and that's it. I even got a message from Blowout that said my package has been shipped. Now that I got my hopes up I'll be pissed if I don't receive it tomorrow. I sure hope Blowout didn't just print a label and wait until tomorrow to ship.

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2015, 08:28:09 PM »
I sure hope Blowout didn't just print a label and wait until tomorrow to ship.
Had that happen to me a few weeks ago on eBay. Seller printed the shipping label. Even listed more of the same item a few days later.
The next week, they cancel the order and claim 'out of stock' and can't fulfill.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2015, 09:38:33 PM »
Had that happen to me a few weeks ago on eBay. Seller printed the shipping label. Even listed more of the same item a few days later.
The next week, they cancel the order and claim 'out of stock' and can't fulfill.

I don't think this to be the case but I also think they didn't ship today either. Now about 10:30pm and no tracking. It's pissing me off because I was excited to open some packs tomorrow. I guess I'll wait unt Wed. now. I'm going to send Danny at Blowout Cards a strongly worded email tomorrow.

Offline havok77

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »
I just put in my order today . should have them before  the week is over. hopefully this is a good release !

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2015, 02:02:19 AM »
2015 Wackys were found in a retail store yesterday, in the clear-front wrappers.  I'll check a Target or two today - thunderstorms yesterday made Wacky hunting quite unappealing. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2015, 03:15:49 AM »
2015 Wackys were found in a retail store yesterday, in the clear-front wrappers.  I'll check a Target or two today - thunderstorms yesterday made Wacky hunting quite unappealing.

If clear front wrappers are the case; I guess scoring the retail packs with tatoos in them should not be too difficult.  :)

With all the negative posts about clear front packs; what is the motivation on Topps part to continue this practice? What do they get out of that?

I think its clear that clear packs REDUCE retail sales.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:19:18 AM by DrDeal »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2015, 07:53:56 AM »
Lucky you...getting them day before release.

Keep us posted!

No I'm not. Blowout Cards only produced the label and will ship today so I get them on release day. I hate companies that follow the rules :P

Offline bwing

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »
Went to 2 Targets this morning.  Nothing out yet.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
So this is the first ANS series without any Bonus Cards! What will be inside the retail jumbo packs?

Offline havok77

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2015, 09:37:03 AM »
my order has shipped as well .

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »
What will be inside the retail jumbo packs?
bonus cards.
maybe.
we only know for sure that there's no bonus cards in the Collector boxes