Author Topic: 2015 series one  (Read 118773 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: 2015 series one
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
Wait - FIVE BELOW now sells Wacky Packages 2015 series boxes for $5 cheap?

I have hit two Five Belows. They each got in one 16 pack hobby box and sell the packs for $2.50 each. No sketches I could put my finger on in either box.
Both boxes were unfingered before I encountered them.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »
Hit my third 5 Below today and scored a Dave Gross Poxy Stix B & W Sketch.  The card was turned so the Red Side was visible. Second to last card on top on the variant border card. Easy to spot via the fanning method.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
Hit my third 5 Below today and scored a Dave Gross Poxy Stix B & W Sketch.  The card was turned so the Red Side was visible. Second to last card on top on the variant border card. Easy to spot via the fanning method.

Was this from the jumbo pack or the regular pack? Still would like to know how the pack searchers figured out which pack contained the green ludlows....A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
Was this from the jumbo pack or the regular pack? Still would like to know how the pack searchers figured out which pack contained the green ludlows....A

Regular pack in the 16 pack Hobby Box. I think the searchers are buying any packs that have a black border as the 9th card. Most packs have a Silver or Tatoo as the 9th card. if you see a Black Border then you have a Pencil Sketch , A Green Ludlow or a Regular Card. That's the best scenario I can come up with.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
Went to Walmart at lunch today to pick up some items and found they had some WP 2015 series 1 "combo packs". Each combo contains 3 packs and a foil card and a purple border card in a blister packaging. The foil card and purple border are fully visible in the front of the  blister packaging. There were only 8 or 9 of these hanging on a rack but they all had the some foil card, BUNIONS.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »
Went to Walmart at lunch today to pick up some items and found they had some WP 2015 series 1 "combo packs". Each combo contains 3 packs and a foil card and a purple border card in a blister packaging. The foil card and purple border are fully visible in the front of the  blister packaging. There were only 8 or 9 of these hanging on a rack but they all had the some foil card, BUNIONS.
just when I had completely given up on Walmart ever having Wackys again.
I figured that's why the wrappers and 'mod' cards have the Target logo hidden in them   ;D

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:57:44 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2015, 11:49:29 PM »
Where are these from?

The blue ludlows are in the Walmart combo packs described above that contain 3 packs, 1 foil card and 1 blue border card all in a blister packaging. I don't know if they are available anywhere else.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:15:38 AM by sco(o)t »

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »
The blue ludlows are in the Walmart combo packs described above that contain 3 packs, 1 foil card and 1 blue border card all in a blister packaging. I don't know if they are available anywhere else.
thanks for clearing that up.
When you said 'purple border' in the first message, I'm sure everyone was thinking of the purple (non-ludlow) cards that are in the Target bonus.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
thanks for clearing that up.
When you said 'purple border' in the first message, I'm sure everyone was thinking of the purple (non-ludlow) cards that are in the Target bonus.

Yes on both counts. The blister packaging shows the full foil card and the purple border card you, get plus three regular packs. The blurb on the packaging mentions that there may be a blue ludlow back in the packs. None of my packs did however. I'll try to put it back together and take a pick to post.

UPDATE: Here is a pic of what the combo blister pack looks ike... sort of. I don't remember exactly how the plastic insert went fit in, but I think it was like this:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:49:46 AM by sco(o)t »

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
okay,
I found some today. here's what the pack looks like fresh off the rack and unopened.
The foil card is centered over the 3 packs. The 3 packs are actually glued to each other to keep them in place.

as described before, there's just the one foil card of Bunions.

The Blue bordered card in the upper right is the blue Ludlow backed card.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:39:55 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
Yes on both counts. The blister packaging shows the full foil card and the purple border card you, get plus three regular packs. The blurb on the packaging mentions that there may be a blue ludlow back in the packs. None of my packs did however. I'll try to put it back together and take a pick to post.
Scot, that card in the upper right is blue bordered.
And if you flip it over you'll see it's the Blue Ludlow exclusive. There are no purple bordered cards with these blisters.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:54:31 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
My Walmart had 8 of these as well. Most of the choices of the blue-bordered cards sucked, but I only wanted one. Either the parodies had colors that looked bad with the blue border or spoofs with the worst artwork. Spa-Ghettios looked great with the blue border so I bought that one. Strange that Bunions is the only choice for the foil parallel. Maybe Toys Us will have unique bonus packs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:50:49 PM by Swiski »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »

UPDATE: Here is a pic of what the combo blister pack looks ike... sort of. I don't remember exactly how the plastic insert went fit in, but I think it was like this:

That's cool you got the dual Bunions!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
okay,
I found some today. here's what the pack looks like fresh off the rack and unopened.
The foil card is centered over the 3 packs. The 3 packs are actually glued to each other to keep them in place.

as described before, there's just the one foil card of Bunions.

The Blue bordered card in the upper right is the blue Ludlow backed card.

My blue border BUNION (fun to say), did not have a blue ludlow back... it has a puzzle piece.

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »
My blue border BUNION (fun to say), did not have a blue ludlow back... it has a puzzle piece.
okay. that's really messed up.
I picked several of these packs up, and all of the blue cards had a blue Ludlow back.
maybe you have a rare 'non-ludlow' blue border card?  >(

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
I think its time to make my very first trip to a Walmart! A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
okay. that's really messed up.
I picked several of these packs up, and all of the blue cards had a blue Ludlow back.
maybe you have a rare 'non-ludlow' blue border card?  >(

Did the regular paks have possible green ludlow pulls? And sketches?
A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
I think its time to make my very first trip to a Walmart! A

Ugh! This place is huge and no one seems to know what I'm talking about? Which section of the store are the cards? LOL
A

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
Ugh! This place is huge and no one seems to know what I'm talking about? Which section of the store are the cards? LOL
A

The local Walmarts have the cards in one of the checkout lanes. Makes it difficult of that lane is open to look over the cards when people are in line to purchase their items. Target's layout seems much better.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
Thanks for pointing out where to look - Might actually go BACK OUT and look!!!!!

My two local wally worlds I visited tonight told me they stopped selling cards a bit back and there are no more formal cards to be found anywhere!!!! UGHHHH!!!!!!

Wallyworld - The Moose told me the Park is NOW OPEN!

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2015, 08:00:52 PM »
well. still trying to piece this one together.
the odds on the back of the blister say Blue Ludlow is 1:12 blister packs.

one store I went to had 10 Blisters, and all 10 are Ludlow.
the 2nd store had 10 Blisters, and none were Ludlow.
Are those odds right, and I got insanely lucky? or are the odds totally wrong?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
Well...... ZIPPO - NADA - ZILCH!

They thought I was an alien when I showed them a picture at Customer Service, after scouring every single aisle and end cap up front in the check out lines - However ...... they have a lot of Beef Jerky and gum at the checkouts.... just sayin'  ;D

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2015, 08:03:59 PM »
Did the regular paks have possible green ludlow pulls? And sketches?
A
the odds on the packs do say Silver, Gold, Pencil, Green Lud and Sketches. So there's a chance for stuff.

interestingly, these packs are sealed in a blister and can't be touched, but are foil wrappers that can't be seen through.
but packs that can be touched? like retail and bonus? nice, big see through windows.

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »

They thought I was an alien when I showed them a picture at Customer Service, after scouring every single aisle and end cap up front in the check out lines - However ...... they have a lot of Beef Jerky and gum at the checkouts.... just sayin'  ;D
it's usually one specific checkout lane, but it seems like every store I go to is slightly different in their placement. Some stores are in the center, others on the end near the self-checkouts, others at the other end.
But every store I've gone to has Yu-Gi-oh pack, blisters, mega-boxes. maybe ask about those? could get you in the right place.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2015, 10:35:52 PM »
I ended up checking the cashiers after reading this thread but still nothing! There was a cashier #20 stand I was told to look through and I was shooed away from it after I went behind and stumbled across their cigarette and condom shelves. No baseball yugioh or Magic cards which seemed odd as I thought Walmart had everything and was a bigger retailer of toys than even TRU. Not impressed! And I'll never get that hour back...
A

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »

I almost resorted to doing the same thing but after noticing that the cashiers didn't seem to have access to computers I decided to keep looking thru the depts myself. I had already asked 3 different people on the floor.
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2015, 02:38:14 AM »
I almost resorted to doing the same thing but after noticing that the cashiers didn't seem to have access to computers I decided to keep looking thru the depts myself. I had already asked 3 different people on the floor.
A

Walmart is a crap-shoot for wackies. It will be different in every store. Targets are much more uniform in what their stores get.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2015, 07:26:25 AM »
Walmart is a crap-shoot for wackies. It will be different in every store. Targets are much more uniform in what their stores get.

I FINALLY found some 2015 packs in a Target this morning.  They were so obviously fanned and picked over that I left them all there.

Had given up on Walmart until reading here about the the combo/bonus packs with the foil card.  Will check there again later, and will definitely buy those if they actually have them - at least the packs can't have been searched (right?)

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2015, 08:00:42 AM »
Had given up on Walmart until reading here about the the combo/bonus packs with the foil card.  Will check there again later, and will definitely buy those if they actually have them - at least the packs can't have been searched (right?)
not without cutting open the blister and tearing open the foil packs.  >(

The blue border card is raised off the surface a LOT, and the back is easily seen whether it's a Ludlow or standard card. Either way, it's an alternate blue border, but I think folks prefer chasing the Ludlow. There should have been purple Ludlows in the Target Value Pack to make them more worthwhile.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:05:40 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »
not without cutting open the blister and tearing open the foil packs.  >(

The blue border card is raised off the surface a LOT, and the back is easily seen whether it's a Ludlow or standard card. Either way, it's an alternate blue border, but I think folks prefer chasing the Ludlow. There should have been purple Ludlows in the Target Value Pack to make them more worthwhile.

Unless there's a way to search the case first......  Not that I'm getting cynical or anything.........

Do we know yet if there are multiple camel patterns on the backs of any of the Ludlows?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »
Hit four Wally's so far. No Special Packs or Wackies of any kind noted. When I do find them I will search for the Blue Ludlows.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2015, 08:57:33 AM »
Yes, there are different camel patterns on the blue Ludlow.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:59:40 AM by rdsjnk »

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »
Hit four Wally's so far. No Special Packs or Wackies of any kind noted. When I do find them I will search for the Blue Ludlows.
not a whole lot of 'searching' required. Just look at the blister from the side.  :D

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:09:10 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »