Author Topic: Wacky Packi Iraqi Packages?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline ElectricSlave

Wacky Packi Iraqi Packages?
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Series-1-Original-Color-Painting-Iraqi-Packages-/201217460496?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed97ec910
I saw this auction and thought it was a real new kind of parody card I'd not seen before and wondered why the heck it was $1200! and was going to post asking if you guys had heard of these screwball cards before and why were they worth so much?. >DOH<!  then I realized it was one of the first series...an original painting, so I was going to say nothing...I don't recall it...have to check my set...
but what struck me just before I closed the window was the size!
8 1/2 by 11?
I was told the size I was painting mine was the same size the originals from 1970s were done in: 5 1/2" by 7"
is this the case? or were they done on 8 1/2" by 11"? One can get a heck of a lot more detail and they can look a heck of a lot nicer if painted the larger size and reduced  than my little guys...and no I'm not going to paint them again! but what's the story? or were they done in the small size in the 70's and a new larger size nowadays?
and while I'm on the topic...are people 'painting' some of these with computers now? the colour seems so seamless I'm beginning to wonder...isn't that cheating? Maybe for fun I should do one.

Offline bigtomi

Re: Wacky Packi Iraqi Packages?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
...I don't recall it...have to check my set...
It's one of the bonus cards.

I was told the size I was painting mine was the same size the originals from 1970s were done in: 5 1/2" by 7"
True. I'll let the artists address the rest of your comments.

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Wacky Packi Iraqi Packages?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:28:57 PM »
Their spelling in the eBay listing is horrible...... like their failure to have a Chrome and 2014 Series 1 Binder.... Just Sayin'