Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard 6 WAITING LIST  (Read 43761 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Wacky Packages Postcard 6 WAITING LIST
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »
While I'm thrilled to hear that the Wacky Postcards sold out again, I'm not surprised - just disappointed that not everyone here was able to get a set.

So, here's a suggestion: to anyone who may have missed out on the Wacky Postcards Series 6 Limited Edition, send me a PM and I'll start a waiting list (first come, first serve), which I'll send to the Topps Vault on Monday morning (July 5th). Hopefully, they'll be able to help out a few forum members! There's always the occasional returns, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

***Please include your email in the PM so that Topps Vault can contact you if they should get extra sets***

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++UPDATE: 8/4/10++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To folks on the waiting list:

The "Resale" Phase has begun! I've sent email notices this morning to the first group of people that Topps can help out with extra postcard sets, so check your inboxes! If you were not in this initial mailing, hang in there! If anyone passes on the option to purchase sets, then the next person in line will be contacted. Stay tuned for more details.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:00:18 AM by koduck »

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages Postcard 6 WAITING LIST
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:44:01 PM »
Neil,

PM sent. Please put me on the list. I need one Limited set. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks,   Andrew Collins   DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »
While I'm thrilled to hear that the Wacky Postcards sold out again, I'm not surpised - just disappointed that not everyone here was able to get a set.
So, here's a suggestion: to anyone who may have missed out on the Wacky Postcards Series 6 Limited Edition, send me a PM and I'll start a waiting list (first come, first serve), which I'll send to the Topps Vault on Monday morning (July 5th). Hopefully, they'll be able to help out a few forum members! There's always the occasional returns, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Neil,I went to work and missed out please put me on the list
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »
While I'm thrilled to hear that the Wacky Postcards sold out again, I'm not surpised - just disappointed that not everyone here was able to get a set.

Just sent a PM to you, Neil.  Thanks much for whatever you can do!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:52:55 PM »
I really wonder how many people used the same address for multiple orders? I wouldn't be surprised if there are extas once they sort it out. I still can't believe it sold out so quickly with a 5 set limit. How many people could have known about this that are not forum members?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
Evidently a lot. Nowadays, it goes out on the topps newsletter, which reaches thousands of people.

By the way, anyone who wants on the list, please include your email address so that topps vault can contact you should a set become available.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »
I managed to score a set after all. HOORAY for WACKY PACKAGES!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »

I sent you a pm Neil, Hope I can be 1 of the lucky ones to get a set.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »
Evidently a lot. Nowadays, it goes out on the topps newsletter, which reaches thousands of people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but the Topps newsletter didn't even go out today before the LE series 6 sold out, right? 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 05:52:02 AM »
I'm not real sure, but I think it usually goes out on Fridays. Anyway, I'll ask 'em and see.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »
Neil, you need to change the signature under your avatar to read: "Keep your eyes peeled for Wacky Postcards #6...but don't blink or you'll miss it!"

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
While I'm thrilled to hear that the Wacky Postcards sold out again, I'm not surprised - just disappointed that not everyone here was able to get a set.

***Please include your email in the PM so that Topps Vault can contact you if they should get extra sets***

I sent you my email address in case one becomes available.  I am still in shock that I missed this.  I hope there is some nice forum member who ordered more than one who can help us other forum members out so we don"t have to go to dare I say it, eBay.

Offline quas

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »

Neil - Please add me to the list. Thanks!  Marc Simon
Marc

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
Neil, you need to change the signature under your avatar to read: "Keep your eyes peeled for Wacky Postcards #6...but don't blink or you'll miss it!"
No doubt!
Yesterday I was saying to myself, "keep your peepers peeled" when I was reading that line under his avatar.  :o

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »
Wow!  Wasn't around to even miss the uber-fast sellout.  Just returned from Nebraska to see all the exciting news.  Just PM'd to get on the waiting list myself. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »
OK, last call for the Postcard 6 waiting list! I'll be sending it to Topps this morning!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 06:35:53 AM »
Topps seems to send out email whenever someone is about to fart yet they didn't send one for this sale? Appreciate being put on a list though and if it doesn't pan out, I'd be happy to purchase a set from someone.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 07:49:48 AM »
OK, last call for the Postcard 6 waiting list! I'll be sending it to Topps this morning!

Hopefully, you have me down for one set.  I sent you a message with my email address.

Would we get an email from Topps today or tomorrow or would it take some time?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »
Got you on the list, Mark! Please PM your email, in case Topps gets any returned sets, they can notify you.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »
Got you on the list, Mark! Please PM your email, in case Topps gets any returned sets, they can notify you.
wow. looks like I totally missed out on series 6 every way you look at it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »
In the words of Tom Petty: "The Waiting is the hardest part"   Another week begins. Will the waiting list
purgatory people get their option to buy a set.....?    Time will tell.  I will continue to hope for an email from Topps. Thanks to Neil for trying his best on our behalf ;whatever the outcome.

DrDeal

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »
In the words of Tom Petty: "The Waiting is the hardest part"   Another week begins. Will the waiting list
purgatory people get their option to buy a set.....?    Time will tell.  I will continue to hope for an email from Topps. Thanks to Neil for trying his best on our behalf ;whatever the outcome.

DrDeal
Ironic that the next line in the song is "Every day you see one more card."
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline 6up

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
Any more word on this? Neil dropped me pm last night stating that there was a good chance a few might be available.  I was curious as to how many "a few" might be.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
Any more word on this? Neil dropped me pm last night stating that there was a good chance a few might be available.  I was curious as to how many "a few" might be.

No news yet. I'll be sure to contact everyone on the waiting list as soon as I hear anything.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 03:48:40 AM »
Coming up on one month of waiting list purgatory. Looks like next week we will finally hear yes or no.
Fingers still crossed. Paypal ready if I get the chance to order a set. Was lucky to get taken care of by a forum member with a low price Limited postcard, bio and bonus card set. Now its down to the wrapper, coa and a Sketch. Just can't drop the coin right now that Ebay demands for one of these sketches. Next week can't come soon enough.

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »

The "Resale" Phase has begun! I've sent email notices this morning to the first group of people that Topps can help out with extra postcard sets, so check your inboxes! If you were not in this initial mailing, hang in there! If anyone passes on the option to purchase sets, then the next person in line will be contacted. Stay tuned for more details.

Offline quas

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:12 AM »
Thanks so much!  I've placed my order!
Marc

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »

The "Resale" Phase has begun! I've sent email notices this morning to the first group of people that Topps can help out with extra postcard sets, so check your inboxes!

Much appreciated. If I can ever offer a favor of some sort, by all means speak up.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »

Thanks so much!  I just placed my order.  I really appreciate you're keeping us informed and doing all you did!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
I have also just placed my order. I did, however, restrain from ordering all 3 sets. Hopefully this will allow more people to get in on these. I can't thank you enough Neil for all you have done. Now the waiting begins again. Can't wait 'til they are in my hands.

Offline 6up

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
Thanks again Neil. Just ordered mine as well.  Only ordered one to help out those others who missed out as well.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
Got my order in. Many thanks to Neil for making this happen.  The Wolf in Heaven Sketch
is very high up on my want list.
DrDeal
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:57:24 PM by DrDeal »

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »

Wow Neil...  What a nice suprise!  I really appreciate you keeping up with all of the names, e-mails, and correspondence with Topps.  I was getting ready to give up collecting future sets of Postcards and sell off my earlier sketch cards because my collection would have this 'missing tooth' in it... but alas you have saved the day once again ;o)

THANK YOU!!!

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »
Neil - Thanks as always for the entire postcard project and keeping the individual collector in mind.

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
Neil --
Thanks for helping me finally end my perfect record of missing out on every LE postcard set before this one! Your help and concern for all of us is hugely appreciated. Big sigh of relief; now holding my breath to see for myself what they are like . . .
"Gamera always wins!"

anything