Author Topic: NEW OS CANVAS PRINTS!  (Read 12148 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
NEW OS CANVAS PRINTS!
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »
New original series canvas prints from Topps now available:

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/wacky-packages.html

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
Re: NEW OS CANVAS PRINTS!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »
Just got the e mail. They look pretty cool. I want to buy a few, but which ones? Too many to choose from ( which is a good thing!)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »
what the binders *should* have looked like - no spines

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:45 PM »
Am I missing something?  I went to the Topps site but I only see the 11x14 cereal box prints that say they're on regular cardstock - not canvas.  ???

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
Am I missing something?  I went to the Topps site but I only see the 11x14 cereal box prints that say they're on regular cardstock - not canvas.  ???
Go back to the Topps site & search Wacky Packages

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »
Very cool offering. I weill check them out.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
Go back to the Topps site & search Wacky Packages

OK - that site is messed up.  If you look for it using the drop down menu, they're not there.  But if you actually type "Wacky Packages" into the search function, then it appears.  Yet another example of Topps not having their act together.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:45 PM »
They wouldn't show up for me either, even after 4-5 refreshes and searches. But then on the next view, they were suddenly there. Very bizarre.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »
Got an email from Topps today telling me of this new item.  I like them and my first thought was to pick one up.  Due to lack of wall space, limited funds, and a declining interest, I may hold off for now.  We'll see.  They do look cool and I may grab one now, but not sure yet.  I do appreciate Topps showing interest in Wackys, even if it's not an item I would immediately jump at.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
Now that I've been able to see them on the site, they are pretty cool.  What I find disappointing is that the burst on the right says "Collector Binder."  I'm sure that whole area was superimposed over the original artwork for the binders, so it would not have taken much time or effort to remove the "Collector Binder" copy completely or replace it with something like "Canvas Art."  It's a shame, as I really like the idea of these as wall art; just wish it wasn't such a lazy recycle of the binder art.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »
I wonder if Series 1 will be the first to sell out?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:58:08 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 08:08:53 PM »
New original series canvas prints from Topps now available:

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/wacky-packages.html

Very cool Neil, Thank you for the link, Probably won't be able to pick up 1 or any for that matter. I'm still having difficulty locating just the binders from 9-12 and 13-16.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »
Is it just me or can anyone see any images? I've tried on my Mac and my iPad and none of the images show up.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 03:09:13 AM »
Is it just me or can anyone see any images? I've tried on my Mac and my iPad and none of the images show up.

I can see them.  Here's one:  http://entertainment.topps.com/topps-wacky-packages-limited-editon-canvas-art-series-6.html

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 07:06:09 AM »

That is really strange. I can't see any images on my Mac using Safari or Chrome and I also can't see them on my iPhone or iPad but I just used my work laptop and they show up in IE.

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
Very cool Neil, Thank you for the link, Probably won't be able to pick up 1 or any for that matter. I'm still having difficulty locating just the binders from 9-12 and 13-16.
I say buy these canvas prints for 9-16 and then make your own binders out of the prints. They'd look better than the ones they sold.

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »
That is really strange. I can't see any images on my Mac using Safari or Chrome and I also can't see them on my iPhone or iPad but I just used my work laptop and they show up in IE.
there is something really weird about that page - the images weren't showing up initially for some of us, but then, after enough attempts, they finally did.
Has me worried for the next postcard release...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
there is something really weird about that page - the images weren't showing up initially for some of us, but then, after enough attempts, they finally did.
Has me worried for the next postcard release...

That makes two of us  ;)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »
I say buy these canvas prints for 9-16 and then make your own binders out of the prints. They'd look better than the ones they sold.

I already have binders 1-8, And if I bought the canvas prints of 9-16, I'd have to spend $600

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:53 AM »

Tough situation. Lack of resale market for the binders caused a large drop in sales for the last two releases of 9 - 12 and 13 - 16. That also limited the number of Binder 17's that are out there. I purchased two of each of the first two releases so I could pick the sketches I liked best. I barely broke even reselling the extra binders/ sketches so abandoned this for the second two releases. Overall I am pretty happy with the sketches I kept. I hope you luck into the binders you seek.

I already have binders 1-8, And if I bought the canvas prints of 9-16, I'd have to spend $600

Offline dth1971

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »
I wish Topps would make canvas prints with the entries from the 1985 and 1991 Wacky Packages series.

Online quas

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »
I wish Topps would make canvas prints with the entries from the 1985 and 1991 Wacky Packages series.

I second the motion.
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 05:51:34 AM »
I wonder if anyone bought these..seem pricey...and out of context - the 'binder' etc...

I wonder if the art is really sharp though???

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »

should look pretty much exactly the same as it does on the binders, I would think.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
At least they didn't include a special card which is only available with purchase of the canvas print....

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 03:16:45 AM »
At least they didn't include a special card which is only available with purchase of the canvas print....

Shhhhhhh!!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online quas

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 04:55:46 AM »
I wonder if anyone bought these..seem pricey...and out of context - the 'binder' etc...

Next they'll make t-shirts with the front-of-the-binder image on the front of the t-shirt and the back-of-the-binder image on the back of the t-shirt.  Maybe Topps they will include a special pair of Wacky underwear that can only be obtained by buying the t-shirt.  Thoughts on which Wacky character/product should be on that underwear?  (Big Baddy?  Mrs. Small's?)
Marc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
Next they'll make t-shirts with the front-of-the-binder image on the front of the t-shirt and the back-of-the-binder image on the back of the t-shirt.  Maybe Topps they will include a special pair of Wacky underwear that can only be obtained by buying the t-shirt.  Thoughts on which Wacky character/product should be on that underwear?  (Big Baddy?  Mrs. Small's?)

funny dude!! and so true!! recycle --- reuse --- recycle --- reuse - then burn !!! :] :] :] :] :]

Offline LonerStoner

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »
I'd much rather have Topps make binders for ANS series 1 through 6.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
I'd much rather have Topps make binders for ANS series 1 through 6.

I need a binder for Chrome in the worst way!

Offline LonerStoner

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »
I need a binder for Chrome in the worst way!

so what's their delay in one for the chrome and one for ANS 12?

seem's like they were pretty quick with OS binders.

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »
How about the artwork from the canvas prints made into a postcard set? Might be a little more affordable.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 01:39:24 AM »
How about the artwork from the canvas prints made into a postcard set? Might be a little more affordable.
Excellent Suggestion

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 04:57:30 AM »

I had been thinking posters, but instead of in packs like the recent set, sold on the website unfolded, either individually or as a set of 17.  Those would display really nicely in a portfolio like I have my originals in.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
I had been thinking posters, but instead of in packs like the recent set, sold on the website unfolded, either individually or as a set of 17.  Those would display really nicely in a portfolio like I have my originals in.

I like your thinking Pat!