Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6  (Read 64057 times)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
These sets & all their extras have gotten complex.  I remember a simpler time when Neil was the only artist, there only 3 postcards to collect with the postcards themselves each being signed & numbered, and no bonus cards or coa to deal with. 

That was cool in the beginning.  However, the sketch cards, artist bio cards etc.  have, IMO, really improved the brand.  I think it would be cool if all of the cards were signed and numbered.  However, that has got to be next to impossible with the number of artists.  Only way I could think of is if each artist were assigned a range of numbers.  For example, Neil would do 1-60, Brent 61-120 and so on.  I think I would like that option better than the COA.  Personally, I like all of the little "extras" like the bonus cards and stuff as I think it helps to sell the brand better and makes it a bit more fun to collect.  

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2010, 11:17:54 AM »
I'd strongly suggest keeping the limited edition sets together. The wrapper, COA and sketch card numbers all match, so it's very likely that the value would decrease significantly if they were pieced apart. Just my 2 cents.

I think this should be common sense to those who plan on keeping their set(s) instead of turning them over for a profit. I know last series I ended up working a trade with Rawgoo and we kept the coa/sketch together and I ended up with a very low numbered set compared to what Topps sent me.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »
I'd strongly suggest keeping the limited edition sets together. The wrapper, COA and sketch card numbers all match, so it's very likely that the value would decrease significantly if they were pieced apart. Just my 2 cents.
My point exactly! ???
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2010, 12:38:58 PM »
I though mine were in the batch that was lost :^) But I guess not, got them today...They look FANTASTIC!!! Unlike some other members I think the "Postcards" themselves are nothing less than AWESOME!!! :o

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
I though mine were in the batch that was lost :^) But I guess not, got them today...They look FANTASTIC!!! Unlike some other members I think the "Postcards" themselves are nothing less than AWESOME!!! :o

UPS delivered on a Saturday???

I ordered some extra regular sets this morning, so maybe I'll at least see the postcards themselves by Tuesday.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
Yea, I hate it when people break the LE sets up.  That's a major pet peeve of mine.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2010, 01:14:05 PM »
UPS delivered on a Saturday???

I ordered some extra regular sets this morning, so maybe I'll at least see the postcards themselves by Tuesday.
No they left a slip in the door last nite & nobody noticed until this morning, we have a UPS store real close and picked them up there!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2010, 01:16:42 PM »
I would expect the wrapper, coa & sketch to stay together. If anyone cares about the coa (since it's #d) I would say they would want the matching wrapper as well. (At tleast I would) I don't see any link between the postcards & the wrapper, coa or sketch. They are totally interchangeable & 1 copy would be fine for me no matter how many sketches I had.
I think it is silly that the wrappers are numbered.  I plan to keep sketches and part with my extras.  Are you saying I can't send someone a wrapper who thinks they are cool because I won't also send the sketch?  Are you really going to keep 5 or more wrappers in your collection?  totally silly if you ask me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
I think this should be common sense to those who plan on keeping their set(s) instead of turning them over for a profit. I know last series I ended up working a trade with Rawgoo and we kept the coa/sketch together and I ended up with a very low numbered set compared to what Topps sent me.

COAs in themselves don't seem to be collectible or really attractive either so keeping them with the sketch makes sense.  The wrappers are cool and beautiful so if someone wants a wrapper, they will have to get the sketch that goes with it?  Ridiculous!  I couldn't care less that the wrappers are numbered, I am going to make them available to people without the sketches.  I am not going to hold the wrappers hostage all because I want to keep my sketches.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Kook

« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »
Does anyone know if the sketch #s are consecutive with each artist i.e. Smokin Joe had 1 to 60, Neil had 61 to 120 etc... so it could be determined which artist was in an unopened sketch pack? I bought some unopened packs, but I'm wondering if it is truly random or could someone know approximately what they are selling without even opening it up?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Does anyone know if the sketch #s are consecutive with each artist i.e. Smokin Joe had 1 to 60, Neil had 61 to 120 etc... so it could be determined which artist was in an unopened sketch pack? I bought some unopened packs, but I'm wondering if it is truly random or could someone know approximately what they are selling without even opening it up?

Bill, we've asked that question before, and what we were told is that each artist does a certain # sequence (like 61 - 120), but Topps apparently scrambles all of them so the pulls are supposed to be totally random.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »
COAs in themselves don't seem to be collectible or really attractive either so keeping them with the sketch makes sense.  The wrappers are cool and beautiful so if someone wants a wrapper, they will have to get the sketch that goes with it?  Ridiculous!  I couldn't care less that the wrappers are numbered, I am going to make them available to people without the sketches.  I am not going to hold the wrappers hostage all because I want to keep my sketches.

I agree that it's not all that impotant to keep the wrappers with their accompanied sketch card.  If you are doing a sketch trade w/someone and you both have the wrappers you may as well swap them too, but wrapper collectors shouldn't really care about the #.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
Bill, we've asked that question before, and what we were told is that each artist does a certain # sequence (like 61 - 120), but Topps apparently scrambles all of them so the pulls are supposed to be totally random.
I'm sure they scramble them in sending them out, but considering these packs are unopened & the number is on the outside, I think it would be possible to tell the artist by the number even without opening the pack. Is this correct?

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Someone start a list.
I have sketch card #30. Captain Moron Puzzle Piece by Smokin' Joe.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »
Hi Rob,

PM sent

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2010, 08:42:38 PM »
I received my regular set today (Saturday 7-10-10)  via USPS and my LTD Edition set is supposed to be delivered by UPS on Monday.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
I received my regular post card set today as well 7-10-10 and love it. It's ashame I missed out on the limited ed. that sold out in record time.  I really dig this postcard series.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »
Watching the posts about the fun of opening your limited sets while this is the first one I missed out by one hour is like standing outside of a sold out show knowing that everyone is having a blast in there. I am very happy for those that got a set (or 5). I do hope the subscription idea gets approved. Congrats to the lucky ones. Fingers crossed for the wait list option to materialize.

DrDeal

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
Watching the posts about the fun of opening your limited sets while this is the first one I missed out by one hour is like standing outside of a sold out show knowing that everyone is having a blast in there. I am very happy for those that got a set (or 5). I do hope the subscription idea gets approved. Congrats to the lucky ones. Fingers crossed for the wait list option to materialize.

DrDeal

Or, to put it differently, "We hate you all!!!"

(Just kidding! I'm happy for everyone, too, and keeping my fingers crossed. I missed out by about 2 hours, but I'm used to it -- I've managed to miss out on every other postcard set, too. No sketches for me so far!)
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
I missed out by about 2 hours, but I'm used to it -- I've managed to miss out on every other postcard set, too. No sketches for me so far!)

I almost quit half way through my transaction thinking I didn't really have time to be doing that at the moment, but decided to go ahead.  Glad I did.  I didn't think it would sell out that quick.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »
I almost quit half way through my transaction thinking I didn't really have time to be doing that at the moment, but decided to go ahead.  Glad I did.  I didn't think it would sell out that quick.

I was on the road (in Ohio Amish country, of all places) and only managed to get online in a motel too late in the afternoon. Next time . . .
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2010, 09:57:01 PM »

Glad I had access to WiFi.  If I had to wait until I got home from work at 2:30 CST that day I think I would have missed out.

eman

« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2010, 07:43:08 AM »
This is just a request and I guess a plea from one forum member to another that if you have a set of Limited Edition series 6 cards intact and are willing to sell them, I am interested.  I am sure many other forum members who missed out also are interested.  The prices on ebay are very high and out of most people's price range. I am only looking for a single set.  I simply am a completist and not a seller of any type.  I am not looking to make a profit by buying extra sets and selling them.
Thanks. 

I had to put this post under this topic because I do not know how to make a new subject on this forum yet.  I would have preferred to call it: Series 6 Postcards Plea.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »
Buying a LE set of these postcard for a reasonable price is one thing. The two auctions I've seen on ebay are another story though. One was at $177.xx with time left and another has a b-i-n over $200. Talk about a mark up.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
This is just a request and I guess a plea from one forum member to another that if you have a set of Limited Edition series 6 cards intact and are willing to sell them, I am interested.  I am sure many other forum members who missed out also are interested.  The prices on ebay are very high and out of most people's price range. I am only looking for a single set.  I simply am a completist and not a seller of any type.  I am not looking to make a profit by buying extra sets and selling them.
Thanks. 

I had to put this post under this topic because I do not know how to make a new subject on this forum yet.  I would have preferred to call it: Series 6 Postcards Plea.

To start a new topic just click on the home button on top menu bar and find the category you want the new topic in. Then click on new topic on the top right.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »
Brad,
What do you think of making a postcard voting list? It would be pointless to rate them by series because the series are so small. But maybe we can do a vote based on all titles from series 1-6, then 7-10, etc. Maybe include bonus cards in the same list since they're part of the same series. If we do this I suggest waiting a month before starting so everyone has time to absorb the latest series.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2010, 06:11:41 AM »
Brad,
What do you think of making a postcard voting list? It would be pointless to rate them by series because the series are so small. But maybe we can do a vote based on all titles from series 1-6, then 7-10, etc. Maybe include bonus cards in the same list since they're part of the same series. If we do this I suggest waiting a month before starting so everyone has time to absorb the latest series.

I think it's a great idea. You don't need my blessing to start one, just do it!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
I think it's a great idea. You don't need my blessing to start one, just do it!
I didn't know members can create that. If I figure out how to do it I'll get it done.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »
I didn't know members can create that. If I figure out how to do it I'll get it done.

Look on the bottom right. It states - add poll. You can add a poll to any topic.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »
Look on the bottom right. It states - add poll. You can add a poll to any topic. To start a new topic with a poll you can click on the top right to start new poll.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
Brad,
Great idea, I wanted to try to get some of the discussions back to the cards themselves and not on sketches and value and chases and stuff!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
Look on the bottom right. It states - add poll. You can add a poll to any topic.
Thanks. Now I've got to gather up all the titles. I may not have time to do it until after Comic-Con next week but it'll get done. That is, unless there's already a list someone can refer me to.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
Thanks. Now I've got to gather up all the titles. I may not have time to do it until after Comic-Con next week but it'll get done. That is, unless there's already a list someone can refer me to.

Here's an extensive list that RawGoo posted, which goes up to Series 5
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=133.msg2557#msg2557

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2010, 12:50:38 AM »
Wonderful! Thank you. That gets me much of the way there. I'll try to get the poll posted next week. Extremely busy now preparing for my displays at Comic-Con.

Wait, scratch that. I was going to wait until everyone had time to absorb series 6 before posting the poll. Maybe a couple more weeks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:00:10 AM by Plan 9 »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »
I just got in this postcard set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320562241724

The damn sketch card's corner was all bent up as you can see on the image of the back. The guy denied it until I showed him his own scan on the auction. I really wanted that sketch to and it was also number 6. Damn! At least he is taking it back but I want to warn everyone if this shows up again, and it will, beware.