Author Topic: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6  (Read 64073 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Series 6
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »
At one point, I considered scanning all the sketch cards, but in the end, I decided that these are one-of-a-kind sketches and if the owners wanted to share them, that's their prerogative.

The other issue that I see is that while there's plenty of unique images, there's plenty of "repeats" (especially in series 1 through 3) which are based off a single image and I doubt anyone wants to look at the same thing 100 times!

I was wondering about series 1 through 3 - were the 9 sketch titles all done based upon one basic image each, or are there some very different sketches?  I don't recall seeing anyone post really different versions.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »
I did 1 design for each of the first three series, although some of these were colored (about a dozen in each series).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
I did 1 design for each of the first three series, although some of these were colored (about a dozen in each series).

I didn't know there were colored ones in the 1st 3 series!!  I thought I followed it fairly closely and I don't recall seeing anyone posts scans of any with color.  Wow, hopefully one will pop-up because I'd love to see one. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playskull

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2010, 11:01:53 AM »
I still want to know if there will be a "scary" parody in this series.  The closest thing we had last series was Tomb's.  If there is a scary one and I don't get it, I hope I can trade with somebody.  I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but are these now going to be "sealed?"  Part of me hates killing sealed items, but I'd also like to know what it is I'm letting go!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
I'd say "lice" is pretty scary!

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2010, 12:46:39 PM »
The WP I painted is kind of scary too. Here's a link to my blog if you want to see it. I also posted some of my sketch cards as well.
http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2010/07/wacky-packages-post-card-series-6.html

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »
The WP I painted is kind of scary too. Here's a link to my blog if you want to see it. I also posted some of my sketch cards as well.
http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2010/07/wacky-packages-post-card-series-6.html

Nice work Brent! ;)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Kook

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »

Cool sketchcards. I like the vintage character idea! Thanks for posting the images. I find it very enjoyable to see what sketches are out there.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Rolling Croc has a hint of scary, but I see more natural beauty to it. It's like a tribute to Darwin's theory, "survival of the fittest" in a bottle.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
That one is a real beauty Brent!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »

Awesome stuff!! Looking forward to it.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »
I enjoyed touring your site! Every time I see Speed Lick I have creepy nasty thoughts (the girls must love that title) - your art makes me smile and laugh
[expando]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ije1YYQ7sk8/R4ba4Pn0ElI/AAAAAAAAAs8/-HWHzMwPY0M/s400/newgpkodor.jpg[/expando]
Deer Hunter is killer, and I'd sure like to see the original George Clowny painting!  :D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
I didn't know there were colored ones in the 1st 3 series!!  I thought I followed it fairly closely and I don't recall seeing anyone posts scans of any with color.  Wow, hopefully one will pop-up because I'd love to see one. 
Likewise, how on earth have so many people traded, bought and sold these and not a single colored one has turned up?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »

Hey Brent, Killing Croc Rocks!!!!!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2010, 07:05:26 AM »
I have the Original Paintings to Lice & H8 on my Blog, as well as a junky photo pf the 1st 30 sketch cards. I forgot I took one, and found it while cleaning out my memory card!  I never did document the 2nd half.

Spoliers of course since H8 has not been shown yet to the best of my knowledge.

http://theshiverboneyard.blogspot.com/
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2010, 07:32:59 AM »
I have the Original Paintings to Lice & H8 on my Blog, as well as a junky photo pf the 1st 30 sketch cards. I forgot I took one, and found it while cleaning out my memory card!  I never did document the 2nd half.

Awesome sketches! I can't wait to see these in person.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
thank you!

Offline Kook

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »
I have the Original Paintings to Lice & H8 on my Blog, as well as a junky photo pf the 1st 30 sketch cards. I forgot I took one, and found it while cleaning out my memory card!  I never did document the 2nd half.

Great sketches! Thanks for sharing!! I'm really looking forward to getting these sets. Shipping starts today. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow if they come by UPS. The ante seems to keep going up & up with each new postcard release.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »

Wow!!  Those are truly amazing! They should create a lot of excitement and interest.  Nice job!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
I have the Original Paintings to Lice & H8 on my Blog, as well as a junky photo pf the 1st 30 sketch cards. I forgot I took one, and found it while cleaning out my memory card!  I never did document the 2nd half.

Great sketches!  I drink a lot of V8, so I'm definitely going to hope for one of those sketches.

I hope these sets actually do ship today - if they do I could have them this week!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:55:17 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
I received my shipping notice from Topps this morning. I ordered 2 day air and sucked up another $33 to ship but I am very impatient ;)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
nice! I got my notice, but it's turtle shipping!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »

Wonderful stuff! I already covet quite a few of the sketches.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
nice! I got my notice, but it's turtle shipping!
No shipping notice for me, guess I'll have to wait until next week.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
I received my shipping notice from Topps this morning. I ordered 2 day air and sucked up another $33 to ship but I am very impatient ;)

They always seem to get to me in 2 days with regular ground shipping. 

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »

Been a fan. Now I'm a HUGE fan! :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
Turbo now has the H8 Vegetable Juice bonus card on the ebay for  $25.00 Buy it now. I thought it was the limited one at first but now realize thats the card that comes with the non-limited set you can buy from Topps for 1/3 that price for the postcards and the bonus card. This is a perfect example of Caveat Emptor by Turbo. I don't like it because whoever buys that card may later learn they did not get a good deal and that could sour them on the hobby. He insists on fishing for suckers anyway. That's just to bad.

DrDeal

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »
Been a fan. Now I'm a HUGE fan! :)

Thanks Duzn't!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
Turbo now has the H8 Vegetable Juice bonus card on the ebay for  $25.00 Buy it now. I thought it was the limited one at first but now realize thats the card that comes with the non-limited set you can buy from Topps for 1/3 that price for the postcards and the bonus card. This is a perfect example of Caveat Emptor by Turbo. I don't like it because whoever buys that card may later learn they did not get a good deal and that could sour them on the hobby. He insists on fishing for suckers anyway. That's just to bad.

DrDeal
I've said this before and I'll say it again...Turbo (Shawn) is a great guy & a great seller, I got to know him a few months ago and have nothing bad to say about him! He is not making anyone buy anything.
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2010, 01:16:06 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Wacky-Packages-Postcard-series-6-Color-Sketch-Card-/110556963739

This is a great idea for the artists to make some extra coin. I think it's great but wonder what other collectors think. Are the other artists doing this?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »

DrDeal

I just saw that too and thought it might be the limited one and had to review from Topps site. No one has to buy it but I am sure someone will.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
I am not saying Shawn is a bad guy. I am saying selling a card that comes with a set that can be purchased for $7 from Topps for $25.00 and not stating where it came from is not a cool or nice thing to do. That is taking advantage of un-informed Wacky fans which can result in them becoming non-Wacky fans if they feel they overpaid. Shawn is well within his rights as a seller to do what he does. He provides prompt shipping and great packing. His customers give him positive feedback.
Maybe more people should do this. I just don't plan on ever being one of them.

DrDeal

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
RE: Bum Chex - I feel a little weird doing it, but wanted to test the waters. Last time I only had 2 extras, 1 was given away, the other was traded privately. This time I have 4, 1 was given away to a friend, one was sold for a nominal fee to a friend who missed out, and the other is on hold for another forumite who is trying to complete a sketch run. So I have split it up allowing one to benefit myself and see where it goes, the others I am floating out to other collectors. Hopefully that is not seen as too greedy. - Matthew
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:28:14 PM by Sunstroke »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »
I feel a little weird doing it, but wanted to test the waters. Last time I only had 2 extras, 1 was given away, the other was traded privately. This time I have 4, 1 was given away to a friend, one was sold for a nominal fee to a friend who missed out, and the other is on hold for another forumite who is trying to complete a sketch run. So I have split it up allowing one to benefit myself and see where it goes, the others I am floating out to other collectors. Hopefully that is not seen as too greedy. - Matthew

It's a tough call. Some may feel if too many are floating around they could be passed off as part of the 300. If the collector only wants one of the limited he will have to verify with the seller that it is a promo. Could get messy. I really like it though and my bid on it if it doesn't get too high.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
I don't think that would happen. The back has been marked as  AP 1 of 4, AP 2 of 4 etc, no way to confuse that with the regular numbering. If it becomes an issue I won't do it next time.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:33:54 PM by Sunstroke »