Author Topic: COLORED TOMBS SKETCH  (Read 10507 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

COLORED TOMBS SKETCH
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
HI , I commissioned artist John Zeleznik to do a colored Tombs sketch,hopefully the image showed up.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: COLORED TOMBS SKETCH
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
HI , I commissioned artist John Zeleznik to do a colored Tombs sketch,hopefully the image showed up.
I like this piece Lance. The figure is very well done, with great detail, and I like the mitered pine box construction. The exposed belly has me chuckling and by his expression, the fellow seems pleased with his life’s accomplishments! The crowbar, screwdriver, whisker stubble, all fine work.

I'm foggy on exactly what “commissioned” work is.
Is this your concept, or you worked with the artist somehow?

I tried to resize it - not sure how it will turn out, but will give it a shot...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:52:46 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
It's kinda cool and creepy at the same time. By creepy I mean the joke is missing so you see a cartoon character dead but it is a really cool sketch.

Taz

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:05:36 AM »
It's kinda cool and creepy at the same time. By creepy I mean the joke is missing so you see a cartoon character dead but it is a really cool sketch.

I agree with you, when I see it I get this feeling the guy will open his eyes and jump out at you kind of like that Chucky doll...creepy!  But with that said it goes to show the great piece of artwork that it is.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:33:15 AM »
I like this piece Lance. The figure is very well done, with great detail, and I like the mitered pine box construction. The exposed belly has me chuckling and by his expression, the fellow seems pleased with his life’s accomplishments! The crowbar, screwdriver, whisker stubble, all fine work.

I'm foggy on exactly what “commissioned” work is.
Is this your concept, or you worked with the artist somehow?

I tried to resize it - not sure how it will turn out, but will give it a shot...
HEY thanks for your help,I think commissioned is a artists term in other words I hired the artist. I thought John was doing something half this size,so I was a bit surprised when I opened the package and I knew I had 2 get an imaged post. All's its missing is some Thomases orange.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
It's a beautiful piece, I love it!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »
It's a beautiful piece, I love it!
Hey Matt, what sup  well love might too strong of a word. Maybe just a little touch of Thomases Orange,LQQKING forward to seeing what Neil and you guys came up with for the PC #6!!!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
nope, I LOVE it!  :D
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
Hey Matt, what sup  well love might too strong of a word. Maybe just a little touch of Thomases Orange,LQQKING forward to seeing what Neil and you guys came up with for the PC #6!!!
OK, so I am totally challenged with this question. am I the only one that doesn't understand this?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:05:15 PM »
Is the question about love, or postcard series 6?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Confused.............

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
 :P I can't help if that's all you have to go on!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »
Still confused. Too dumb to figure it out. :D

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 11:25:31 PM »
 :P

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 01:41:37 AM »
Still confused. Too dumb to figure it out. :D
Maybe you find the answer by looking around PHILADELPHIA?

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 01:47:05 AM »
PHILADELPHIA  PHILADELPHIA
Ah,Wink I'll take Philadelphia for 13, no I mean 10

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
PHILADELPHIA  PHILADELPHIA
Ah,Wink I'll take Philadelphia for 13, no I mean 10

Yup, still confused....

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
Yup, still confused....
Me too – it’s like a puzzle.
I placed my postcard order and am back to pondering.

Is he talking about this orange color?
[expando]http://www.wackypackages2007.com/images/ANS3/f5-thomass-the-trainwreck.jpg[/expando]

Or Tim Thomas?
[expando]http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_252000/FF_252382_xl.jpg[/expando]

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
Yup, still confused....
Ya the one thing I can't stand is a FCKING PHONY

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
Just do us both a favor and ban me from logging on

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »
Just do us both a favor and ban me from logging on

Geez, what crawled up your butt? :-X

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
Geez, what crawled up your butt? :-X
HEY GOOF,is this too tough of an assignment for you  if you wait till monday that will give me plenty of time to post one last piece of art.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
HEY GOOF,is this too tough of an assignment for you  if you wait till monday that will give me plenty of time to post one last piece of art.

Why do you want to be banned? Fairly strange request. If you want me to ban you I will. Think about it first before making a strange request like that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »
Just so everyone knows I did ban deadpresidentsvisa and spy vs spy. Same guy! I put him on a 7 day ban. If someone wants to be banned I don't want to play any games. He obviously wants to play some type of game.  I don't know what his motives are. This is the first person to be on ban other then spammers. If anyone has any objection to this please PM me and I will try and straighten it out. Thanks everyone. Keep up the good vibe on the forum. This has been a fun ride over the last 3 months and it won't end now!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
Just so everyone knows I did ban deadpresidentsvisa and spy vs spy. Same guy! I put him on a 7 day ban. If someone wants to be banned I don't want to play any games. He obviously wants to play some type of game.  I don't know what his motives are. This is the first person to be on ban other then spammers. If anyone has any objection to this please PM me and I will try and straighten it out. Thanks everyone. Keep up the good vibe on the forum. This has been a fun ride over the last 3 months and it won't end now!
I know what you mean Brad, the "Obama" thread was getting a little out of hand so I just let it go...so many people have a tough doing that. :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
I know what you mean Brad, the "Obama" thread was getting a little out of hand so I just let it go...so many people have a tough doing that. :^)
Ron, this is an open forum. I understand why people want to display their beliefs. Its a way to express themselves. I just don't know why someone would ask to be banned by threatening to spew a bunch of crap on a forum. I guess they are trying to protect themselves from themselves. Strange as it may sound but it's reality.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 11:16:29 PM »
Ron, this is an open forum. I understand why people want to display their beliefs. Its a way to express themselves. I just don't know why someone would ask to be banned by threatening to spew a bunch of crap on a forum. I guess they are trying to protect themselves from themselves. Strange as it may sound but it's reality.
You're probably right, with all my problems my brain still works (relativly) well ??? Maybe not LOL :]
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »
Yup, still confused....

I seem to be more confused when I actually understand one of his posts.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
HEY,threaten 2 spew a bunch of crap on the forum,I DID NO SUCH THING and I want everyone to know this.........My sincere apologies for the goof remark,uncalled for!!
PS.................I can vouch 1st hand if you go on a 7 suspension, YOU WILL FALL WAY BEHIND
PS.................My motivation was,I wanted to be the 1st member suspended on this forum

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »
HEY,threaten 2 spew a bunch of crap on the forum,I DID NO SUCH THING and I want everyone to know this.........My sincere apologies for the goof remark,uncalled for!!
PS.................I can vouch 1st hand if you go on a 7 suspension, YOU WILL FALL WAY BEHIND
PS.................My motivation was,I wanted to be the 1st member suspended on this forum

Welcome back! Mission accomplished :D

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
                           Have you or your friends been burgled in the past 10 years...........HMM

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »
                           Have you or your friends been burgled in the past 10 years...........HMM
Can you expand on this?

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 05:27:07 AM »
Did anyone send you a message inquiring if the Forum(cap F the best) was going to shut down...just curious?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
Did anyone send you a message inquiring if the Forum(cap F the best) was going to shut down...just curious?
No, and I still don't follow you. Maybe you want to drop me a PM with details.

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
No, and I still don't follow you. Maybe you want to drop me a PM with details.
OK...........another one that doesn't have a clue but hey you've got all the electronic gadgets