Author Topic: Rare Movies Worldwide  (Read 2190 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Rare Movies Worldwide
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
I am just curious if anyone is familiar with or has ever bought anything from this website:

http://www.raremoviesworldwide.com/

I stumbled across this site when I was searching for an old made-for-TV movie called "The Birdmen".  Anybody remember that movie?

This site has a ton of Made-for-TV movies and lots of other old, obscure, movies available.

I was also surprised to see some of the old TV series that they have available.  For instance you can get the entire 1960's Batman series on DVD from them.  That surprised me because I was under the impression that there were still legal battles going on over the release of that series.  Of course that may mean these things have been copied from tape or even filmed right off a TV.

Anyone remember the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special?  I vaguely remember it.  Funny quote on the site says that George Lucas would like to destroy every copy of it in the world today!

The other thing I wonder about is the legality of this site.  How do they get away with selling all these DVDs?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Rare Movies Worldwide
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »
They are illegal bootlegs probably copied off VHS. They might not be that bad though but buyer beware. I ordered from other sites like this and got the Carol Burnett show for my wife. Each episode was taped off TV Land. They are still watchable. I have also ordered life with Louie because it's not available on DVD yet.

Offline FourRoses

Re: Rare Movies Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 02:51:42 PM »
When I can't find a particular dvd/BR I end up buying from deepdiscount.com

Alot of what I want seems to be oop or unavailable in stores and they have normally have what I need. Try finding The Twilight Zone: The Definitive Collection @ BB, Target, etc..,