Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 299539 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2010, 05:48:55 AM »
Why all the secrecy over this release? If it's going to be released in 30 days would it be in production already?

As Dave said, there's no secrecy. It's just a more elaborate release than what we've seen in the past. One thing's for sure: there will be a lot more to collect this time!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2010, 06:09:15 AM »
As Dave said, there's no secrecy. It's just a more elaborate release than what we've seen in the past. One thing's for sure: there will be a lot more to collect this time!

Sounds cool.  I sure hope the retail outlets around me carry them (they've petered out on previous ANS releases - less each time).  I only ordered one box this time from my local comic shop.  If my local stores don't carry any, it'll be off to Topps.com (if they offer up boxes there for sale).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2010, 08:02:50 AM »
It's not secrecy. I just haven't spoken with Jeff for awhile. They changed this all up during that time so I honestly don't know what is really going on.

Dave, could you please find out what the other chase item is that Fred didn't mention.
Also, if you could get the pack ratio of the inserts, I'm sure that will get some of us more excited to buy more. Thanks!

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
I went to my local Target (the "older" design type of store) and, sure enough, there was the one-page "coming soon" ad for ANS7.  Though I had a little internal debate about it, I did snag it.  I'm not sure if one has been posted yet, but I'll be happy to post a scan of it if it hasn't already been done.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:35 AM »
I went to my local Target (the "older" design type of store) and, sure enough, there was the one-page "coming soon" ad for ANS7.  Though I had a little internal debate about it, I did snag it.  I'm not sure if one has been posted yet, but I'll be happy to post a scan of it if it hasn't already been done.

post away...where was the ad in the store?? something like a flyer they were giving out??

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
The "coming soon" ad is part of the retail display. There are three spots on the horizontal header card over the card area where these ads are placed. I left the one I saw. It did mention sketch cards and autograph cards as well as wackomercial parallels.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:50 PM »
The "coming soon" ad is part of the retail display. There are three spots on the horizontal header card over the card area where these ads are placed. I left the one I saw. It did mention sketch cards and autograph cards as well as wackomercial parallels.

Yo Dr. - your the first person to mention sketch cards on here for ANS7?? Is that true? I knew about the autographed cards - foils possibly...

I guess NO LENTS?? That SUX...Can't wait to get ALL THE INFO CONSOLIDATED...LOVE THE SECRECY - MAYBE WE'LL FIND OUT THROUGH THE 'CODE CARDS'  :D

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
Oh man, take a snapshot of these posters/ads/flyers with your cell phones guys and post the pics!  :o
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:53:20 PM by Ducko »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »
Yo Dr. - your the first person to mention sketch cards on here for ANS7?? Is that true? I knew about the autographed cards - foils possibly...

I guess NO LENTS?? That SUX...Can't wait to get ALL THE INFO CONSOLIDATED...LOVE THE SECRECY - MAYBE WE'LL FIND OUT THROUGH THE 'CODE CARDS'  :D

The coming soon ad has the card package and box package. It mentions the inserts. The poster who removed one from the store should be able to corraborate that there are sketch cards.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »

I'm sorry……….did you say "sketch cards"??!!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
I ordered a case from D&A. I may be second guessing that decision.

8 box or 16 box case??

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »
I ordered a case from D&A. I may be second guessing that decision.

Too many or too few?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
If I have the chance I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get the lowdown on this stuff.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
If I have the chance I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get the lowdown on this stuff.

Thanks Dave...this way I won't be arrested for stealing a header card from Target to get the info...that would suck being in jail when the initial release comes out... ;D

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »

Yes, please post a high res scan of it so I won't be tempted to swipe one from the store.  :P

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
My sense is that the inclusion of Sketch cards in this release will cause these cards to be "vapor" in Target when they first hit, like what happened with Flashback. I will probably be buying some gravity feeds and boxes.

DrDeal

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Yes, please post a high res scan of it so I won't be tempted to swipe one from the store.  :P

Here ya go!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »
age 6+
whew! I think we'll all be ok to buy.

man, Topps really should have been out at SDCC this year. Tons of stuff they could be promoting!!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
Here ya go!

Thanks, that's great!
I'm guessing the "No Trans Fat" is a joke, unless they're including gum again?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »
Here ya go!

It does say sketch cards! Oh man here goes the cash now!

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
No GID magnets? Too bad -- I'd love any GID Wacky stuff. That's a Wacky chase possibility that's long overdue.
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »
It does say sketch cards! Oh man here goes the cash now!

Ahh crap.  I not even done with the postcard set and there's another one around the corner!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
Here ya go!
Interesting inclusion of, Do not sell as a full box
Maybe standard boiler-plate text (I don’t follow box design), but I wonder about Topps' motivation. Have there been pickets and riots by customers not allowed to purchase boxes?
Is this statement new? I just checked, and I don’t see it on the ANS 6 box. Was it on previous series boxes - anyone?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Maybe standard boiler-plate text (I don’t follow box design), but I wonder about Topps' motivation. Have there been pickets and riots by customers not allowed to purchase boxes?
Is this statement new? I just checked, and I don’t see it on the ANS 6 box. Was it on previous series boxes - anyone?

I don't quite get it considering if you picked up all the packs from the box and brought them to the register it's still the same thing. Maybe the UPC code is not on the box so you can only sell packs?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »

I think that means don't sell the whole box for $2

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
I think that means don't sell the whole box for $2

Ha! Yeah, I guess there could be a cashier that would pull one pack run it over the computer and sell the box for $2. Putting that on the box isn't going to help if they are that dumb.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
Just checked out the picks on Facebook for ANS7. Gotta love the KISS KAT title if your over 35 or so, I also like the SNO SAPS snowman. I also like the "food pyramid" gag on the side of the HONEY TOMB box. Looking good.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »

it's a standard template that's used on just the Target boxes. Target had been placing stickers that look exactly like that on the outside of the box for years now. I know I have an ans4 box with that exact label. I'll have to look to see if it's on anything earlier.
Starting with FB2, it looks like Excell Marketing/Target were able to get Topps to add it onto the box printing itself. You won't see this on the direct sale or Wal*mart boxes.

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 07:22:09 PM »
I don't quite get it considering if you picked up all the packs from the box and brought them to the register it's still the same thing. Maybe the UPC code is not on the box so you can only sell packs?
there's a UPC code on the box, but there is nothing in their system to return a price. which is probably good - if you brought up a half full box and they tried to scan and charge for a full one!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »
I'm assuming that Topps themselves will have boxes and all the bonus stuff for sale, or just the boxes?

Where is everyone pre-ordering from? 

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2010, 03:09:55 AM »

I put my pre-order of a box from my local comic shop a few months back (when it was listed in the Diamond Previews catalog).  I'll still supplement with retail purchases from Target (if they carry them near me) or from Topps directly (if Topps sells them on the website).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »
I'm assuming that Topps themselves will have boxes and all the bonus stuff for sale, or just the boxes?

Just pre-ordered 2 boxes from dacardworld.com

Offline Playskull

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »
I've never found "foil" cards to be the least bit exciting.  I wonder why they keep putting these lame things out.  Meanwhile, they won't do more magnets, which seemingly everybody loves.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »
I've never found "foil" cards to be the least bit exciting.  I wonder why they keep putting these lame things out.  Meanwhile, they won't do more magnets, which seemingly everybody loves.

I really liked the magnets.  I don't remember the series, but it seems like one of the last magnet sets was rather flimsy and the cards came apart rather easily.  I wonder if this is why we haven't seen any since.  I like the lents myself just as much as the magnets. 

Offline Playskull

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
I know the first time they did magnets, which was ANS2, there were problems.  They practically fell apart just handling them.  I can't remember if any of the other magnets had this problem.