Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 297742 times)

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
I think a lot of people would like to preorder, but are kind of in the dark about the chase cards. 

If some of those insert chase cards glow in the dark, we won't be in the dark for long.  Ha ha ha.

Sorry - just finished watching the latest Annoying Orange video on YouTube and I'm all full of bad punning. ;)
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Taz

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 06:09:23 PM »
I got it.  There is an ad for ANS 7 and a write up.  In addition, on the price guide ANS 7 is on the cover with some new cards being seen for the first time. The ad for ANS 7 talks about some of the inserts which I believe said, glow-in-the-dark magnets, foils, and autograped foils among others.  Fred can you Dave or Neil say anything about insert ratios and the number of cards in each of those chase sets?  I think a lot of people would like to preorder, but are kind of in the dark about the chase cards.  Any help from any of you would be appreciated.

Thanks

eman

Magnets? Here we go, getting the dirty eye from the cashier as I stand in Target going through the packs with my "Find the magnet process", which by the way never worked for me in the first place. Glow in the dark magnets do sound pretty sweet.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »
Bring on the glow-in-the-dark! Hell yeah!!!! That sounds so COOL!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »

Magnets? Here we go, getting the dirty eye from the cashier as I stand in Target going through the packs with my "Find the magnet process", which by the way never worked for me in the first place. Glow in the dark magnets do sound pretty sweet.

I have a magnet that's so strong the pack containing a magnet will stick to it. I have cherry picked many retail boxes, but only after the box sat in the store for a few weeks. I have cherry picked about 40-50 packs, mainly Wackys and GPK.

Taz

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
I have a magnet that's so strong the pack containing a magnet will stick to it. I have cherry picked many retail boxes, but only after the box sat in the store for a few weeks. I have cherry picked about 40-50 packs, mainly Wackys and GPK.

What I don't get is how you can do it and you know eyes are watching you, does that not bother you as if you get the feeling they think you are stealing? I tried twice and both times I had a Target person question me.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »
What I don't get is how you can do it and you know eyes are watching you, does that not bother you as if you get the feeling they think you are stealing? I tried twice and both times I had a Target person question me.
I could bust a retail box or two in less than a minute. I have NEVER been questioned about what I was doing. I just pick the packs up one by one with my left hand and pass the mag over the pack with my right hand, I hand the mag packs to my wife and then I put the rest right back into the box when I was done, all nice and neat like were. I went to a TRU on day about 6 months after ans2 came out and I cherry picked about 8 magnet packs right in front of the cashier! No problem...I hope ans7 has magnets!  :]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
I got it.  There is an ad for ANS 7 and a write up.  In addition, on the price guide ANS 7 is on the cover with some new cards being seen for the first time. The ad for ANS 7 talks about some of the inserts which I believe said, glow-in-the-dark magnets, foils, and autograped foils among others.  Fred can you Dave or Neil say anything about insert ratios and the number of cards in each of those chase sets?  I think a lot of people would like to preorder, but are kind of in the dark about the chase cards.  Any help from any of you would be appreciated.

Thanks

eman

Had I known about these types of inserts, I'd certainly have placed a pre-order for a case or two.  Instead, I ordered three boxes from the comic store.  I guess this time I'll just buy insert sets on evilbay.

Offline ROID

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 05:55:00 AM »
Dave,can you provide any confirmation as to these "alleged" added chase cards. In Erik's statement I didn't see any mention of the "code cards". What's the skinny?

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 06:49:08 AM »
Dave,can you provide any confirmation as to these "alleged" added chase cards. In Erik's statement I didn't see any mention of the "code cards". What's the skinny?

After looking at the "sell sheet" type ad that was in NSU it doesn't say anything on it about the glow-in-the-dark magnets.  It talks about those in the write up part.  In the write up part, it also says the code cards are not going to happen.  I am leary of posting images of these on the forum for all to see because of copyright issues with the NSU magazine. However, here is the link to the magazine if you would like to purchase one.

http://www.nonsportupdate.com/currentissue.htm
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:14:33 AM by eman »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »
The link to the magazine doesn't mention anything about a Wacky article.  Is the article pretty short?

As others have said, I'd like to know more about the inserts as it will determine how much I preorder.  As of now, I've just placed an order for one box from my local comic shop.  However, I'm guessing that one could still preorder from a place like D and A Cardworld (I think that's the correct name) pretty close to the release date.  I just hope we hear more in the future so we can be sure to get a preorder in.  Then again, with shipping charges, I'm not sure we'll save THAT much, so maybe it's not such a big deal to just buy them at retail.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
The link to the magazine doesn't mention anything about a Wacky article.  Is the article pretty short?

As others have said, I'd like to know more about the inserts as it will determine how much I preorder.  As of now, I've just placed an order for one box from my local comic shop.  However, I'm guessing that one could still preorder from a place like D and A Cardworld (I think that's the correct name) pretty close to the release date.  I just hope we hear more in the future so we can be sure to get a preorder in.  Then again, with shipping charges, I'm not sure we'll save THAT much, so maybe it's not such a big deal to just buy them at retail.

At DACardworld.com you get free shipping if you pre-order 4 or more boxes.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »

The article itself is pretty short, maybe 1/3 of a page.  The sell sheet "ad" is full-page and the cover of the price guide depicting ANS 7 is also a full page.  It's not a full issue devoted to Wackys by any means, but it is something new.  On a related note, while I was at Target today there is a picture of ANS 7 saying "coming soon" in the card section.  The packs are supposed to be purple and actually reminded me of the Silly Supermarket national release packs.  

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
Fred can you Dave or Neil say anything about insert ratios and the number of cards in each of those chase sets?

I can't speak for Neil or Dave but I haven't heard any chase card details. I can try to find out. These things are often decided after I've done my part and knowing how busy the editors are, I usually leave 'em alone unless we have business.

I knew that the internet codes had been dropped but I read about glow-in-the-dark magnets for the first time in this thread.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
I can't speak for Neil or Dave but I haven't heard any chase card details. I can try to find out. These things are often decided after I've done my part and knowing how busy the editors are, I usually leave 'em alone unless we have business.

I knew that the internet codes had been dropped but I read about glow-in-the-dark magnets for the first time in this thread.

It would be great for everyone if you could find out.  I'm wondering about the glow-in-the-dark magnets myself as they weren't included on the ad sheet, only in the write up part.  Confirmation of that and insert ratios would be great if you can get the info.

Thanks

eman

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
It would be great for everyone if you could find out.  I'm wondering about the glow-in-the-dark magnets myself as they weren't included on the ad sheet, only in the write up part.  Confirmation of that and insert ratios would be great if you can get the info.

I'll try, I'm curious about that stuff too.

In addition, on the price guide ANS 7 is on the cover with some new cards being seen for the first time.

What new titles did they show? Looking for some spoilers in the spoiler thread. :-)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
I'll try, I'm curious about that stuff too.

What new titles did they show? Looking for some spoilers in the spoiler thread. :-)

I'd be willing to post the NAMES if that would be of interest to anyone.  I've never used the spoiler feature though.  Can someone direct me on it's use for those who don't want the info?

Thanks

eman

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
Being questioned would sure put a damper on my magnet scanning scam! Talk about feeling like a kid again, hun?!  Not the kind of thing we wish to re-live, right?! When we were kids and got “caught”, it use to be “Excuse me young man”, but what is it now,  "Hey man, why are you in the toy section?" I’m sure part of the key is to act like you own the world and to not look around at all. It’s the body language that can give us away - It's like lieing,  some of us are better at it than others.

Kevin, next time you are at Target, grab a box and take it over to the music section and then you can thumb through them in leisure. Or, grab a TV tray and a chair and sit down and make yourself at home as you make your “careful” selections with your magnetic decoder ring. If a Target employee  questions you, tell them you are a Certified Quality Technician from Topps…”Your manager didn’t notify you about my visit this afternoon?”

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »
Can someone direct me on it's use for those who don't want the info?

If they don't want the info, they shouldn't be reading the SPOILERS thread! ;-)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
If they don't want the info, they shouldn't be reading the SPOILERS thread! ;-)

Makes sense.  Ok, here is what I've seen:

Topps Ad Sheet in NSU- Baby Battle Pop (Baby Bottle Pops), Ditz (Ritz), Mtn. Dude (Mountain Dew), Orange Crutch (Orange Crush) 

NSU Price Guide- Grape Newts (Grape Nuts), Bunyuns(Funyuns), KissKat (KitKat), Mrs. Blabbermouth's (Mrs. Butterworth's)

All of the above have pictures associated with them. 

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »
It would be great for everyone if you could find out.  I'm wondering about the glow-in-the-dark magnets myself as they weren't included on the ad sheet, only in the write up part.  Confirmation of that and insert ratios would be great if you can get the info.

I made a call this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't find out everything that folks want to know: I wasn't able to pin down chase card quantities or pack odds. Hopefully that information will come out soon.

But here's what I'm able to tell y'all about All-New Series 7:

* First off, sorry to say that there are no magnets. :-(

* The base set is 55 titles.

* There will be 20 less-common titles (maybe as few as 1 per pack) that have the a Wacky gag on the front and a "Wack-O-Mercial" on the back. The "Wack-O-Mercial" is a gag that features a character like a TV infomercial dude pitching the product from the front. These will have multiple color parallels, I assume like the Flashbacks.

* Another insert is foil cards of classic Wackys, with all of the titles chosen based on Jay Lynch designs... because a certain number of these foil cards will feature Jay Lynch autographs.

* As usual, packs will be sold in gravity feeds, blisters, and bonus boxes (not sure how many). The blisters and bonus box(es) will feature bonus cards.

* A new item this time around for selling Wackys is packages of mini-cereal boxes. There will be two different "snack pack" type packages with 3 mini-cereal boxes each. So it's 6 different mini-boxes in all, based on Wacky cereal titles. Each box will contain 2 bonuses: 1 is a card matching the mini-box title (so if you open the Weakies box, you'll get the Weakies card), and the other is 1 of 3 web site parody cards. Presumably it won't be hard to complete the web site set if you buy both packages of the cereal boxes. These should not be exclusive to a particular store.

* The online store will sell a binder, and there should be some kind of insert in the packs that advertises it (maybe a coupon).  

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
Topps Ad Sheet in NSU- Baby Battle Pop (Baby Bottle Pops), Ditz (Ritz), Mtn. Dude (Mountain Dew), Orange Crutch (Orange Crush) 

NSU Price Guide- Grape Newts (Grape Nuts), Bunyuns(Funyuns), KissKat (KitKat), Mrs. Blabbermouth's (Mrs. Butterworth's)

All of the above have pictures associated with them. 

Thanks! Some (but not all) of those can also be seen on the official Wacky Packages page on Facebook.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
Fred, thanks for the info.  The WP page on Facebook also noted some of the stuff like the cereal boxes and the Wack-O-Mercials.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
After looking at the "sell sheet" type ad that was in NSU it doesn't say anything on it about the glow-in-the-dark magnets.  It talks about those in the write up part.  In the write up part, it also says the code cards are not going to happen.  I am leary of posting images of these on the forum for all to see because of copyright issues with the NSU magazine. However, here is the link to the magazine if you would like to purchase one.

http://www.nonsportupdate.com/currentissue.htm

Cmon Dude, We want to see the sell sheet-LOL.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:16 PM »
Cmon Dude, We want to see the sell sheet-LOL.

This sell sheet? It was from June (Darryne posted it on the other forum last month).

http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/WackyPack2010SellSheet.pdf
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:45:58 PM by Crakola Crayons »

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
This sell sheet? It was from June (Darryne posted it on the other forum last month).

http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/WackyPack2010SellSheet.pdf

No, totally different.  Wish I could post it, but cannot.  The new one is purple.  Maybe it's not a "sell sheet" just an ad. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
I ordered a case from D&A. I may be second guessing that decision.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
* There will be 20 less-common titles (maybe as few as 1 per pack) that have the a Wacky gag on the front and a "Wack-O-Mercial" on the back. The "Wack-O-Mercial" is a gag that features a character like a TV infomercial dude pitching the product from the front. These will have multiple color parallels, I assume like the Flashbacks.

* A new item this time around for selling Wackys is packages of mini-cereal boxes. There will be two different "snack pack" type packages with 3 mini-cereal boxes each. So it's 6 different mini-boxes in all, based on Wacky cereal titles. Each box will contain 2 bonuses: 1 is a card matching the mini-box title (so if you open the Weakies box, you'll get the Weakies card), and the other is 1 of 3 web site parody cards. Presumably it won't be hard to complete the web site set if you buy both packages of the cereal boxes. These should not be exclusive to a particular store.

Hmmm....these two things stand out the most to me.  If there will be short prints, I'm not pleased.  I don't really care for the various color parallels, but they don't really bother me.  However, 20 of 55 titles being shortprinted sounds crazy.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

The cereal boxes sounds interesting.  Do you know how many packs in each cereal box?  Are they pretty similar in idea to the bonus boxes?

Thanks for the info!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2010, 04:48:43 PM »
Hmmm....these two things stand out the most to me.  If there will be short prints, I'm not pleased.  I don't really care for the various color parallels, but they don't really bother me.  However, 20 of 55 titles being shortprinted sounds crazy.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

The cereal boxes sounds interesting.  Do you know how many packs in each cereal box?  Are they pretty similar in idea to the bonus boxes?

Thanks for the info!

I think there are 55 total regular stickers PLUS a 20 short printed subset (so 75 total new Wackys) which have the commercials on the backs plus the other chase cards. There is also a chase item Fred did not mention.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »
I made a call this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't find out everything that folks want to know: I wasn't able to pin down chase card quantities or pack odds. Hopefully that information will come out soon.

Wow you found out a lot of info, thanks!

The cereal boxes are completely different than I was thinking. Can't wait to see those in stores. I hope I can find those locally. Lots of bonus stickers this time around! 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
I think there are 55 total regular stickers PLUS a 20 short printed subset (so 75 total new Wackys) which have the commercials on the backs plus the other chase cards. There is also a chase item Fred did not mention.

is that similar to the Lost Wacky Subset or are they truely short-prints???

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
is that similar to the Lost Wacky Subset or are they truely short-prints???

Don't know. I was just making sense of what was posted.

Taz

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
Wow you found out a lot of info, thanks!

The cereal boxes are completely different than I was thinking. Can't wait to see those in stores. I hope I can find those locally. Lots of bonus stickers this time around! 

Indeed!  Just curious, will they be on sale at the same time as the series release or possibly before, have to keep eyes focused :o

Offline dth1971

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
55 Wackies for the base set and not 75 for the base set?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
Don't know. I was just making sense of what was posted.

Why all the secrecy over this release? If it's going to be released in 30 days would it be in production already?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2010, 04:27:17 AM »
Why all the secrecy over this release? If it's going to be released in 30 days would it be in production already?

It's not secrecy. I just haven't spoken with Jeff for awhile. They changed this all up during that time so I honestly don't know what is really going on.