Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 299631 times)

Offline Playskull

Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2010, 09:49:11 AM »
Sorry to "spoil" everyone's good mood, but I predict we won't have these in hand until next month at the earliest.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2010, 10:20:23 AM »
Maybe not enough spoilers here in the spoiler thread? Here are the bits form the most recent Non-Sport Update for those who have not sought out the magazine (yet):

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_ad.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_priceguide.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_article.jpg[/expando]

Is there a link as to where you can pickup the magazine? Is it worth it all has it all been posted??thx

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2010, 10:26:06 AM »
Maybe not enough spoilers here in the spoiler thread? Here are the bits form the most recent Non-Sport Update for those who have not sought out the magazine (yet):

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_ad.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_priceguide.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://hipsteria.com/fwheaton/nsu_wackyans7_article.jpg[/expando]

Hey Dude,

Is there a difference between "Autographed Foils" and "Rare Autographed Foils" listed on the bottom of the first cell sheet...I thought the sketch cards were to be truely 'RARE'??? seems redundent...the test sheet (3rd one) talks about "glow-in-the dark-foils" - but that is not listed and was assumed to be 'Out' right??

Autographed Foils, Gold Parallel Wack-o-mercials, or Sketch Cards - which is the Rarest??  :o

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
Hey Dude,

Is there a difference between "Autographed Foils" and "Rare Autographed Foils" listed on the bottom of the first cell sheet...I thought the sketch cards were to be truely 'RARE'??? seems redundent...the test sheet (3rd one) talks about "glow-in-the dark-foils" - but that is not listed and was assumed to be 'Out' right??

Autographed Foils, Gold Parallel Wack-o-mercials, or Sketch Cards - which is the Rarest??  :o
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?  The world may never know...............

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »
I have decided that I am not going to pre-purchase any ANS7/2010 Wackys.  I am going to wait a bit and see what happens to the box prices on eBay.  I have a feeling that within a month or two ANS7 boxes will be selling for very cheap.  In hindsight, I should have done this for all the ANS releases.

I agree that in hindsight that would have been the best bet up until now, but it sounds like the chase sets/sketchs will be much different and rarer than the prior series, and you might be kicking yourself for not ordering more!  I will probably pre-order boxes this time around which I haven't done up to this point.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »
I agree that in hindsight that would have been the best bet up until now, but it sounds like the chase sets/sketchs will be much different and rarer than the prior series, and you might be kicking yourself for not ordering more!  I will probably pre-order boxes this time around which I haven't done up to this point.

I have a ton of fun just opening packs, so I'd really like to preorder a whole lot, like I did with ANS4-6 and the Flashbacks.  But, all DACardworld offers is regular boxes.  So, I think I'm going to stick with my 3 box order from the comic store, and then I'll just have to try to clean out the local Target for the bonus boxes and blisters.  Still waffling though.........

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
I have a ton of fun just opening packs, so I'd really like to preorder a whole lot, like I did with ANS4-6 and the Flashbacks.  But, all DACardworld offers is regular boxes.  So, I think I'm going to stick with my 3 box order from the comic store, and then I'll just have to try to clean out the local Target for the bonus boxes and blisters.  Still waffling though.........

Is there anywhere that you know of to pre-order a case?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
Is there anywhere that you know of to pre-order a case?

16 box cases have been cancelled?in leui of 8-box ones... :P

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
They are pretty abundant right now:
8 boxes cases are about $300.00 to $325.00 each.
Individual boxes are about $37.00 to $43.00 each.
The big guys are DA Card World, Potomac Distributors and Blowout cards.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2010, 06:54:16 PM »

Here's a Series 7 One Sheet. Sorry if it's been posted before

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/956492737_TEMEt-O.jpg[/expando]
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »
those look awesome!  Especially the cereal boxes! 

Wow, I'm speechless and my anticipation has just gone ba-zing-a !

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

I'm pretty jazzed about this series.  Looks like a lot of fun.  That Pupsi foil is sweet!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline dth1971

« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »

Nice Series 7 sheet featuring 4 of the Wack-O-Mercial spokespeople (Is one of them resembling Mr. Oppotunity from the Honda Clearance TV commercials?)

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »

What the "L" is going on with the misspelling of "parallel" and "specially"?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »

I'm pretty jazzed about this series.  Looks like a lot of fun.  That Pupsi foil is sweet!

I 2nd that on the Pupsi foil-LOL.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting the one-sheet!  I agree with others that the cereal boxes look very cool.  I'm still a tad confused on one thing.  Do the stickers with the Wack-o-mercials have different fronts than the base stickers?  If so, what are the insertions rates of those stickers vs. the base stickers?  Also, do we know the insertion rates for the foil stickers?  Since I've pretty much decided, other than the one box I've pre-ordered from my local comic shop, I'm only going to buy these at Target (or wherever), I'll know more by then in terms of what the odds are of the various inserts.

By the way, where did this one-sheet come from?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting the one-sheet!..... By the way, where did this one-sheet come from?

From the Topps website.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »

Same here! That Awful Bits box looks great! Can't wait to see them in stores.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
Here's my collection of ANS7 Spoilers  and such.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
Wow, thanks for posting the one-sheet!  I agree with others that the cereal boxes look very cool.  I'm still a tad confused on one thing.  Do the stickers with the Wack-o-mercials have different fronts than the base stickers?  If so, what are the insertions rates of those stickers vs. the base stickers?  Also, do we know the insertion rates for the foil stickers?

The 20 Wack-O-Mercials do have different fronts. As an example, the web site shows the front of the MOB coffee Wack-O-Mercial and the back of the Ogre Eaters Wack-O-Mercial. Last I heard, the Wack-O-Mercial titles will come in multiple parallel border colors (as shown with MOB) but I don't know how many colors there will be, nor has Topps told us yet what any of the insertion rates are for the series.

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »

The glow-in-the-dark idea was definitely dropped between the time that the Non-Sport Update magazine article was written and its publication date.

I wish I knew the rarity scale for the inserts but Topps hasn't revealed that yet. If I had to guess, I would expect something like this:

• 55 base set cards (common)
  • Wack-O-Mercial parallels (less common, with some border colors tougher)
  • Un-autographed foils (tough)
  • Autographed foils (really tough)
  • Sketch cards (really REALLY tough)

The rarity of the sketches vs. autographed foils will depend on how many cards that Jay signed, I have not heard that (or don't remember).

Offline paste_anyplace

« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2010, 01:02:35 AM »
Is there a link as to where you can pickup the magazine? Is it worth it all has it all been posted??thx

I got my copy at a Barnes & Noble store, but you can also get them at http://www.nonsportupdate.com/. I think I posted all of the Wacky content but of course I recommend supporting the magazine, everybody go buy a copy with the groovy Woodstock cover.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2010, 04:30:03 AM »
Two questions:

1.  Are the 20 Wack-o-mercial #'ed starting from 56-75?  If they are short printed and considered part of the base set then it may be harder to sell off any extra sets as they wouldn't be complete.

2.  Any idea if Topps will be selling the cereal boxes on their website, or where else we could get them.  Topps has done similar things for their 2010 baseball series, having a different player on each box.  However, they are sold individually (I think at around 9.99 each). 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2010, 05:37:19 AM »
Two questions:

1.  Are the 20 Wack-o-mercial #'ed starting from 56-75?  If they are short printed and considered part of the base set then it may be harder to sell off any extra sets as they wouldn't be complete.

2.  Any idea if Topps will be selling the cereal boxes on their website, or where else we could get them.  Topps has done similar things for their 2010 baseball series, having a different player on each box.  However, they are sold individually (I think at around 9.99 each). 
I have the same questions.  If the set is 1-75, and if that is on the checklist, then I would feel that I couldn't sell a 'set' without the 20 short prints.

I sure do hope Topps will be selling the cereal boxes on their website, as I've had a terrible time finding special Wacky boxes in the wild here.  Too much competition, I think.

In any case, with all these questions, I'm not planning on placing a large pre-order as I've done before with Lockwood, since all that is available now is regular boxes.  I just hope that Target (and maybe Walmart) will place a LOT or re-orders!  I want this series to be a big success, so that there will be future sets. 

If anyone connected to Topps can comment here, that would be great - by NOT pre-ordering large quantities, are we potentially damaging the possibility of future sets?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2010, 06:03:24 AM »

I want this series to be a big success, so that there will be future sets.  

I think we're all keeping our fingers crossed for that!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
The glow-in-the-dark idea was definitely dropped between the time that the Non-Sport Update magazine article was written and its publication date.

I wish I knew the rarity scale for the inserts but Topps hasn't revealed that yet. If I had to guess, I would expect something like this:

The rarity of the sketches vs. autographed foils will depend on how many cards that Jay signed, I have not heard that (or don't remember).

Thx for the info...Great!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2010, 07:21:46 AM »

Do you know if they are going to have 'blisters' and are the 'Cereal Boxes' THE Bonus Boxes or are they going to have bonus boxes as well?? THX

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
Do you know if they are going to have 'blisters' and are the 'Cereal Boxes' THE Bonus Boxes or are they going to have bonus boxes as well?? THX

A Wal-Mart or Target bonus box will be available. Only one and I'm not sure if it's at one of these places or the same one at both.

Blister packs with 3 different bonus cards will be available.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2010, 09:38:03 AM »
A Wal-Mart or Target bonus box will be available. Only one and I'm not sure if it's at one of these places or the same one at both.

Blister packs with 3 different bonus cards will be available.

Thx..I guess the blisters are being sold @ Target or Walmart as well...??

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »
Thx..I guess the blisters are being sold @ Target or Walmart as well...??
I would think so, as that's where they've been ever since ANS2

Offline Beanball

« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »

Looks like a good series.
New Art. What does that mean?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »
Looks like a good series.
New Art. What does that mean?

Maybe they are just trying to clarify that it's not another Flashback series.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
Now I can't decide whether to pre-order a couple of boxes or just try my luck at Target when the day arrives. Decisions, decisions...

And dang those cereal boxes look sweet! My wife even thought they sounded cool - ha!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:56 AM »
So Is there a definite street date for these? Next week, two weeks, month?

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2010, 06:41:22 AM »
Comic shops won't know until the Monday before Wednesday delivery days - if the comic shop is serviced by Diamond Distribution (which most are).  Diamond posts on Mondays after 2pm what is supposed to ship to stores on the Wednesday for that week.

I'm sure when they show up in the wilds of Target, Wal-Mart, etc. folks will post to let others know to check their local stores.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

anything