Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 299329 times)

Offline dth1971

Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
No contenders for the Bonus Box and Bonus Blister Pack bonus stickers yet announced? If so, will Hawaiian Tragic be one of the bonus stickers?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:55 PM »
No contenders for the Bonus Box and Bonus Blister Pack bonus stickers yet announced? If so, will Hawaiian Tragic be one of the bonus stickers?

I mentioned earlier that Hawaiian Tragic and Wife-Out are two of the bonus stickers. Hormone Chili in the base set has been replaced by Armor Maul. I don't know if Hormone Chili is one of the two remaining bonus stickers now or is "missing". Brent, Fred and I each have one more unaccounted for painting so I would assume the remaining two bonus cards from from these. My missing piece is called Pounds (from Pounce cat treats).

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
BTW, Fred's sketches will BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2010, 10:00:31 PM »
County Time Lemonade. They didn't really steal it. I submitted it as a postcard gag. After all the refusals of my ANS gags and after a long conversation with Zapata about how to create gags they will like I decided to send in County Time for ANS and it got approved. I excitedly asked when I can start painting and Zapata said "You don't. We're giving it to another artist." A classy response, eh? This is after Dead & Buried but before the two Smokin Joe gags I painted for ANS7. If it were approved as a postcard I probably would have painted it. So I made a huge mistake of submitting it for ANS. I couldn't refuse selling them the gag or they would have gotten mad at me and there goes any chance of painting in the future. So I gave it up to be a "team player" (a bullshit term to get you to bend over) and that bugs me because I wrote the gags solely to create the opportunity to paint. I hope the artist who painted my gag did an astounding amazing mind blowing job... or else!   ;)
Ah, too bad how that worked out. That's a funny title. But I'm sure you've got more great ones up your sleeve.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »
BTW, Fred's sketches will BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND.

The problem is since they are making them extremely, extremely, extremely rare, how few of us will ever get one to enjoy?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
The problem is since they are making them extremely, extremely, extremely rare, how few of us will ever get one to enjoy?

Don't know if you will own one but you will get to see them all as Fred has them scanned. So they will still...BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND.   ;D

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »
Don't know if you will own one but you will get to see them all as Fred has them scanned. So they will still...BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND.   ;D
Sweet! And thanks for ALL this great info.

Dang, I've never been so anxious for late August to arrive...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2010, 02:11:24 AM »
I understand. These will be Extremely, EXTREMELY RARE (I added another Extremely).

Now that I understand that these will be highly elusive it will make opening packs that more exciting.
I will probably have to settle for being the first person on this forum to post the the info that there would be sketches.

Regards, DrDeal

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2010, 04:45:29 AM »

Wellll.... thanks for that compliment. But about a third of mine are what I would call "budget" sketches in that they are pretty simple. I hope folks who pull them will at least be happy with a unique hand-drawn sketch even if it isn't spectacular. I'm happy with the ones that I put more time into, though. I can't wait to see what Brent and Jay did.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »
I personally was hoping they wouldnt pull a Flashback with this series and include mega rare chase cards because 1 they really water down the base set and 2 Im never one of the lucky people to pull one!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2010, 08:28:20 AM »
I personally was hoping they wouldnt pull a Flashback with this series and include mega rare chase cards because 1 they really water down the base set and 2 Im never one of the lucky people to pull one!

Hopefully you're now 'due', and will pull a cool sketch card.  Maybe even a scary one!!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
I mentioned earlier that Hawaiian Tragic and Wife-Out are two of the bonus stickers. Hormone Chili in the base set has been replaced by Armor Maul. I don't know if Hormone Chili is one of the two remaining bonus stickers now or is "missing". Brent, Fred and I each have one more unaccounted for painting so I would assume the remaining two bonus cards from from these. My missing piece is called Pounds (from Pounce cat treats).

Why did Pounds get missing? Unpainted like ANS4 Cream of Meat and ANS Start Wars?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:54:56 AM by dth1971 »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
Why did Pounds get missing? Unpainted like ANS4 Cream of Meat and ANS Start Wars?

It's painted and it could still be a bonus card. I'm not sure. It could also just end up in the next series. It's not pulled because of the company or anything offensive on it (in fact I had to remove a great gag from it that would have been a problem - I'll show you it on the rough when it's time). I think the reason is because it's a cat gag and there are too many cat gags as it is.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
Wellll.... thanks for that compliment. But about a third of mine are what I would call "budget" sketches in that they are pretty simple. I hope folks who pull them will at least be happy with a unique hand-drawn sketch even if it isn't spectacular. I'm happy with the ones that I put more time into, though. I can't wait to see what Brent and Jay did.

How many sketches did you do? This will give us somewhat of a gauge as to how many total.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »
How many sketches did you do? This will give us somewhat of a gauge as to how many total.

Topps asked me to not say. I wish I could, but I'm sure the information will come out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2010, 09:49:04 PM »
Topps asked me to not say. I wish I could, but I'm sure the information will come out.

They must post their odds on the package. I am still a bit confused why this series is so secretive. This series is coming out in a month and there is no info at all? This is strange because you would think that any publicity id good publicity. I think it is really strange that Topps would hold this info as a big secret. I mean, the set is done, the cards have been packaged,  but still nothing. Why leave the Wacky community in the dark. They should know this is HUGE! 

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
They must post their odds on the package. I am still a bit confused why this series is so secretive. This series is coming out in a month and there is no info at all? This is strange because you would think that any publicity id good publicity. I think it is really strange that Topps would hold this info as a big secret. I mean, the set is done, the cards have been packaged,  but still nothing. Why leave the Wacky community in the dark. They should know this is HUGE! 

No info at all? All the inserts, bonus stuff, extra cereal series, etc have been announced. The only thing not listed yet is the odds on a few of the chase cards. The cards have NOT been packaged. The sketch cards were just completed a few days ago and have to go through an approval process. I'm sure part of this is delaying the odds as some may have to be left out for whatever reason(s). Or they may have other reasons for not listing the odds until release.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2010, 10:04:58 PM »
The sketch cards were just completed a few days ago

Hope they didn't ship via media mail this time...  ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »
Hope they didn't ship via media mail this time...  ;)

No because I am getting them! Not so funny now....LOL.....

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2010, 03:48:21 AM »
No info at all? All the inserts, bonus stuff, extra cereal series, etc have been announced. The only thing not listed yet is the odds on a few of the chase cards. The cards have NOT been packaged. The sketch cards were just completed a few days ago and have to go through an approval process. I'm sure part of this is delaying the odds as some may have to be left out for whatever reason(s). Or they may have other reasons for not listing the odds until release.

Does anyone know what the odds were for Garbage Pail Kids Flashback Sketches and how many of those were done? Maybe they used that experience as a guide to set up this release?

DrDeal

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »
    Does anyone know what the odds were for Garbage Pail Kids Flashback Sketches and how many of those were done? Maybe they used that experience as a guide to set up this release?

DrDeal
I'm not sure what the sketch odds were, but the colored border odds were probably twice as good as what wackys had - as GPK had a color border in every pack. Wacky collectors got the shaft on that one.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »
If Topps took part in the recent San Diego Comic-Con this year, they could have shown some more ANS7 previews (including at least 1 Wackomercial!)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
The cards have NOT been packaged. The sketch cards were just completed a few days ago and have to go through an approval process.
I'd like to be a member of that committee!  ;D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »
I'm unsure of the total number of GPK sketches done (and I threw away my Flashback wrappers), but the GPK websites seem to be in agreement. The consensus is,
1:229 packs
1:10 boxes
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:12:57 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »
I'm unsure of the total number of GPK sketches done (and I threw away my Flashback wrappers), but the GPK websites seem to be in agreement. The consensus is,

Thanks for the info.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »

I suppose that could be considered extremely rare, so it's very possible the Wackys will have the same or similar ratio.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
I bet it's more like 1:1000 packs, since I believe one of those last quotes was extremely extremely rare.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:54 AM »
I bet it's more like 1:1000 packs, since I believe one of those last quotes was extremely extremely rare.

Could be, it would help if we had total production #'s so we could calculate the total # of sketches based on our estimates.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:46 PM »

So rare, forget it was even mentioned.  :o
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2010, 08:19:18 PM »
So there is not a lot of talk going on lately about ANS 7. I wonder if everyone is just burnt out about deadline promises that are not usually met, so are avoiding any hype as to not be let down. Or maybe too many spoilers here. Personally I've been avoiding looking at any of the spoilers as I like to see the titles for the first time when opening up the packs. Anyway, I hope they still do come out in this month August !!!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline dth1971

« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
And we just arrvied in the month of August 2010 with only about a few weeks to go until the official ANS7 release due this month!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2010, 03:15:30 AM »
So there is not a lot of talk going on lately about ANS 7. I wonder if everyone is just burnt out about deadline promises that are not usually met, so are avoiding any hype as to not be let down. Or maybe too many spoilers here. Personally I've been avoiding looking at any of the spoilers as I like to see the titles for the first time when opening up the packs. Anyway, I hope they still do come out in this month August !!!

I'm okay to enjoy them whenever they come out.  If they meet this month's target - great.  If it isn't until next month or the month after, I am okay too.  Lots of things keeping me busy right now.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2010, 08:57:17 AM »
I'm okay to enjoy them whenever they come out.  If they meet this month's target - great.  If it isn't until next month or the month after, I am okay too.  Lots of things keeping me busy right now.

They seem to be pretty accurate with their ANS releases so I bet it comes out this month.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
I have decided that I am not going to pre-purchase any ANS7/2010 Wackys.  I am going to wait a bit and see what happens to the box prices on eBay.  I have a feeling that within a month or two ANS7 boxes will be selling for very cheap.  In hindsight, I should have done this for all the ANS releases.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »
Loren, I hope that is the case (i.e. drop in box prices after the fact).  I used to pre-order two boxes of the ANS sets from my local comic shop (for fear the retailers like Wal-Mart and Target in my town didn't carry them - and often they didn't).  The shop, however, really didn't give me much of a discount on the boxes so I had to cut back the last time or two to only getting a single box.  They only boxes they ever order are the ones I request.  No one else is interested in them from the shop, and the shop doesn't carry product they don't see a high demand for.  The CCG games like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh they are willing to risk carrying stock for - since they still do tournaments for those.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/