Author Topic: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7  (Read 299554 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: SPOILERS for Wacky Packages Series 7
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2010, 07:39:49 AM »
I know the first time they did magnets, which was ANS2, there were problems.  They practically fell apart just handling them.  I can't remember if any of the other magnets had this problem.

No...after they fixed that problem the other magnets in the 2nd wave of series 2 and 3 seemed ok...I thought the magnets were cool too...they (Topps) seemed to be afixed to color ( borders) and shiny foil to get kids attention - it must come from the yugiohhh crap!!

Now 'SIGNED' Foils is a different story....and the cereal inspired ones seem kinda interesting.... ;D - maybe COLORED sketches of Foil stickers.... :o

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »
I know the first time they did magnets, which was ANS2, there were problems.  They practically fell apart just handling them.  I can't remember if any of the other magnets had this problem.
The magnets were better in series 3 & 4.  Series 5 it seemed they regressed.  Still, I'd rather magnets than foils, because the image is more authentic.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
I would rather have magnets too over foils.  I'd rather have lenticulars over foils.  Foils just don't do much for me.  I guess it was all the OD of them that the comic industry did with foil covers in the 90's (to lure in the speculators).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
I would rather have magnets too over foils.  I'd rather have lenticulars over foils.  Foils just don't do much for me.  I guess it was all the OD of them that the comic industry did with foil covers in the 90's (to lure in the speculators).

I agree with what you (and others) have said about the foils, though I still like them more than some inserts (tats, make-your-owns).  HOwever, if they made the foils like the vending machine foils from a few years back, I think we'd all have a higher opinion of them.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
I agree with what you (and others) have said about the foils, though I still like them more than some inserts (tats, make-your-owns).  HOwever, if they made the foils like the vending machine foils from a few years back, I think we'd all have a higher opinion of them.

Yeah those vending machine foils were so much better than the ANS foils! I do like the ANS foils, but for some reason, I think the ANS foil titles look better than the OS foil titles. That neat orange color of Greese Sticks, the yellow in Crummy Time, and the red in Trainwreck. And Alive was a GREAT foil!

That said, I like lents best. Not sure about the magnets. They are about tied with foils for me. I also enjoyed the WITB - fun new art based on OS titles. Cool. The MYO was also a neat idea. Probably ranked the same as foils & mags.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Agree on the magnets being superior to foils (some of which I liked as well, like Alive) -- and I thought it was just me that found some of the magnets to be really nice (and incredibly clear printing), and others not-so-nice.

The clings were semi-interesting (I have a few extra that I plan to actually use as clings one fine day), but I could do without the tattoos. The MYO annoyed me a bit only because I never would actually make my own out of them (I would keep them intact) -- and intact they just look bizarre. The WITB ones were also semi-interesting, and I've often wondered if anyone peeled them back and would post the images so I don't have to peel the few I have apart!

I also agree the color parallels didn't do anything for me. They seemed gimmicky and a good way to get people to buy TONS of packs for building odd sets. I can see the gold ones, but pink and green? WT?!?

When someone mentioned glow-in-the-dark magnets earlier, I thought HOW COOL!! But sadly it sounds like they won't happen.

Now I'm probably gonna get hammered for this one: The sketch cards are not high on my list either. I would take the more rare bonus cards over sketch cards. :: waits for crates of demented tomatoes to come flying at me :: I think it's because they often seem like nothing more than "rough drafts" and just don't do it for me like the final artwork.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »
When someone mentioned glow-in-the-dark magnets earlier, I thought HOW COOL!! But sadly it sounds like they won't happen.

Yeah, that would have been cool to see what they came up with. Hey maybe some of the autographs will be in GITD ink  :P

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with the upcoming release or not but, I was just in my local Hastings store. They have listed in their computers to recieve some blister packs. The computer shows these as "New Release 2010 Blister Packs" with a release date of Aug 9, 2010. They list for 4 bucks a piece. anyone have any idea what release these are from?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:40:29 PM by kidwacky »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
Just pre-ordered 2 boxes from dacardworld.com

If you type in code 299-MC59 at checkout you can get a $5.00 discount on orders over $50.00 at DA Cardworld. I found this code online. I couldn't use it since I only preordered one box of wackys but someone here might be be able to save $5.00.

DrDeal

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
If you type in code 299-MC59 at checkout you can get a $5.00 discount on orders over $50.00 at DA Cardworld. I found this code online. I couldn't use it since I only preordered one box of wackys but someone here might be be able to save $5.00.

DrDeal
Thanks for posting!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with the upcoming release or not but, I was just in my local Hastings store. They have listed in their computers to recieve some blister packs. The computer shows these as "New Release 2010 Blister Packs" with a release date of Aug 9, 2010. They list for 4 bucks a piece. anyone have any idea what release these are from?
Sounds like it could be the new Wacky set, but it could also be any Topps product, I suspect.  Perhaps even another company's, thought I doubt that.

On a mildly related note, I'd love to find a place to preorder the blister boxes, bonus boxes, cereal boxes, and any other boxes in ANS7.  Anyone have any clue about those?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »
Now I'm probably gonna get hammered for this one: The sketch cards are not high on my list either. I would take the more rare bonus cards over sketch cards. :: waits for crates of demented tomatoes to come flying at me :: I think it's because they often seem like nothing more than "rough drafts" and just don't do it for me like the final artwork.
Any excuse to post a classic logo!
[expando]http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/9/1/6/16916.jpg?v=1[/expando]
We are supposed to become more conservative as we get older, but I am surprised at 45 how often I completely change my mind about something. It’s not often, but it does happen. I had a similar inclination a while back, and I can appreciate your sentiment (we can both get hammered) – but I’m much more interested, now after getting one, and they do definitely add another dimension to the hobby, which is good, I think. The sketch cards are very different than regular titles and I kind of like that it took me some time and some stretch to get into them a bit - like that song you don’t totally enjoy at first, but after a few listens you’re hooked on it.

What state do you live in Ducko?

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
Well said, Jean Nutty. I suspect I will likely go through the stages you mentioned. Heck, I wasn't much into anything post-OS when I got back into the hobby last year and then I went nuts and collected TONS of post-OS stuff including all the ANS cards+bonuses, 85, 91, 92 OPC, 82, 86, postcards, etc.

I currently own a mere three sketch cards: Cap'n Crud (my all time fave Wacky), Fat (something about that expression -- the Ducko duck looks mighty similar, eh?), and a Cheatas.

I imagine if I get one in an ANS7 box it just might inspire me. :)

[Currently living in Colorado]

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2010, 04:26:04 AM »
Well said, Jean Nutty. I suspect I will likely go through the stages you mentioned. Heck, I wasn't much into anything post-OS when I got back into the hobby last year and then I went nuts and collected TONS of post-OS stuff including all the ANS cards+bonuses, 85, 91, 92 OPC, 82, 86, postcards, etc.

I currently own a mere three sketch cards: Cap'n Crud (my all time fave Wacky), Fat (something about that expression -- the Ducko duck looks mighty similar, eh?), and a Cheatas.

I imagine if I get one in an ANS7 box it just might inspire me. :)

[Currently living in Colorado]
Which one north or south Colorado?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Playskull

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »
On a mildly related note, I'd love to find a place to preorder the blister boxes, bonus boxes, cereal boxes, and any other boxes in ANS7.  Anyone have any clue about those?
Me too.  Didn't somebody say Lockwood is out of the game now?  If so, that's a shame, as nobody could touch his prices.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
Me too.  Didn't somebody say Lockwood is out of the game now?  If so, that's a shame, as nobody could touch his prices.

Maybe that's why he's out of the game now! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:24 AM »
Lockwood had all the various boxes/pack types, and at great prices!  The Walmarts here have downsized their card sections quite a lot, and I have a feeling that I'll be looking for that bonus box card here or on ebay.  And there's not even KayBee for those boxes anymore :(

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »
I went to my local Target (the "older" design type of store) and, sure enough, there was the one-page "coming soon" ad for ANS7.  Though I had a little internal debate about it, I did snag it.  I'm not sure if one has been posted yet, but I'll be happy to post a scan of it if it hasn't already been done.

I found myself in Target today, and the ANS7 "coming soon" sign was posted in the card section. As I stared at it, I realised that I had to have it. I too swiped the sign and brought it home. I did buy some Ultra Pro card pages, so I did contribute to Target's sales for the day. I realise that doesn't make up for me nabbing their sign. I am not advocating Target sign theft, but they do look pretty cool.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
I found myself in Target today, and the ANS7 "coming soon" sign was posted in the card section. As I stared at it, I realised that I had to have it. I too swiped the sign and brought it home. I did buy some Ultra Pro card pages, so I did contribute to Target's sales for the day. I realise that doesn't make up for me nabbing their sign. I am not advocating Target sign theft, but they do look pretty cool.

Did you get the new ANS7 promo in the new NSU magazine??

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »

No, I don't get NSU Magazine.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »

There isn't an ANS 7 promo in NSU.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »
There isn't an ANS 7 promo in NSU.

I know, I didn't get one either.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2010, 02:23:01 PM »
I know, I didn't get one either.

Is there a new promo out?  I haven't heard of/seen one.

eman

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2010, 06:56:01 PM »
Is there a new promo out?  I haven't heard of/seen one.

eman

Nah, I was just kidding around!  I was visualizing those who got their issues being pissed because it was missing the promo.  It does seem strange though that they are not doing promo for this series.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2010, 07:02:39 PM »
Nah, I was just kidding around!  I was visualizing those who got their issues being pissed because it was missing the promo.  It does seem strange though that they are not doing promo for this series.

I thought the same about not putting out a promo.  You would think since it's been since 2007 for any ANS they would want to get the word out somehow. 

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2010, 07:07:26 PM »
Will there be a promo given out at ComicCon this weekend? Don't they usually give one out in San Diego?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
Will there be a promo given out at ComicCon this weekend? Don't they usually give one out in San Diego?
they don't even have a booth! So much product to push and no presence. I'd be picking up a 100 for you guys if they were here and had one.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »
What's the new WP book going to be about? Are they doing ANS because that would seriously be weird. Are they covering posters, tattoos, etc? That would seem strange for a book aimed at normal people. I can't figure out what they would do other than series 15 and 16. Doing the 85 and 91 series sort of fits but not really.

Offline midnitoker

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »
1. Ghoul Scouts
2. Play Doze
3. Just for Wolfmen
4. Dorkitos
5. Chickless
6. Hungry Mantis
7. Bumpkin Dimwits
8. V6
9. Burnt Bees
10. Seagerms
11. Cutz
12. Bruises
13. Twitley
14. Boredom
15. Death Savers
16. Stupid Pretzel
17. Kreepy Kreme
18. Mountain Dude
19. Ditz
20. Flabreze
21. Smuglers
22. Air Sick
23. Pinkies
24. Honey Tomb
25. Biteaman Water
26. Bunyuns
27. Fraid
28 Grape-Newts
29 Molten Salt
30 Iris Stings
31 County Time
32 Mrs. Blabber Mouth
33 Raven Bran
34 Simian Toes Crunch
35 Hunks
36 Ruffled
37 Tiny Cats
38 Baby Battle Pop
39 Head and Smolders
40 Vampire
41 Stuffers
42 Hormone Chili
43 Log Coffin
44 Ol' Slice
45 Jowl-o
46 Clunky
47 Toupe Ramen
48 Crutch
49 Snoresages
50 Sushi Qs
51 Raglue
52 Rat Guard
53 Sno Saps
54 Beyond Pollution
55 Kiss Kat
Wackomercial
1 Special K
2 Blubber King
3 Mouse Mix
4 Ogre Eaters
5 Octivia
6 Crimetapp
7 Stealthy Choice
8 Sweet n Slow
9 Crispux
10 MOB
11 Chopper Tone
12 Hide
13 Wiiz
14 Guitar Zero
15 Sparker
16 Yubang
17 Spread Bull
18 Wobblers
19 Maggoty Ann
20 WetFlix
Foil Classics
1 Shrunken Donuts
2 LOX
3 Pupsi
4 Delinquent
5 Ruden's
6 Scream Sicle
7 Icicle
8 Three Mosquitoes
9 Flunk
10 Schnozmopolitan
sourced from ebay purchase

Offline ROID

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
Let's hope Gene Simmons doesn't find out about the 'KISS KAT" one. He'd have someone in court unless Topps got his or KISS's consent. If there's a $ to be made from anything KISS related,he'll want his cut.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2010, 08:56:32 PM »
I don't see Hawaiian Tragic which was pictured on the Facebook page. There are three others I did I also do not see. I wonder if they were pulled or maybe they are bonus stickers.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:47 PM »
What's the new WP book going to be about? Are they doing ANS because that would seriously be weird. Are they covering posters, tattoos, etc? That would seem strange for a book aimed at normal people. I can't figure out what they would do other than series 15 and 16. Doing the 85 and 91 series sort of fits but not really.

This would be cool:

Wacky Ads (rotating the horizontals is a MUST)
Die Cuts (non-repeats)
Posters
Misc. like Ice Krunkles, 82 cereals, Irish non-repeats

Then if they need to fill more pages: Lost Wackys? Can labels? Jay Lynch roughs?

wackyone

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 02:06:21 AM »
man this looks like a great set!
i don't get to amped about ANStuff but this looks like a sweet series  :o

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 06:11:34 AM »
1. Ghoul Scouts
2. Play Doze
3. Just for Wolfmen
4. Dorkitos
5. Chickless
6. Hungry Mantis
7. Bumpkin Dimwits
8. V6
9. Burnt Bees
10. Seagerms
11. Cutz
12. Bruises
13. Twitley
14. Boredom
15. Death Savers
16. Stupid Pretzel
17. Kreepy Kreme
18. Mountain Dude
19. Ditz
20. Flabreze
21. Smuglers
22. Air Sick
23. Pinkies
24. Honey Tomb
25. Biteaman Water
26. Bunyuns
27. Fraid
28 Grape-Newts
29 Molten Salt
30 Iris Stings
31 County Time
32 Mrs. Blabber Mouth
33 Raven Bran
34 Simian Toes Crunch
35 Hunks
36 Ruffled
37 Tiny Cats
38 Baby Battle Pop
39 Head and Smolders
40 Vampire
41 Stuffers
42 Hormone Chili
43 Log Coffin
44 Ol' Slice
45 Jowl-o
46 Clunky
47 Toupe Ramen
48 Crutch
49 Snoresages
50 Sushi Qs
51 Raglue
52 Rat Guard
53 Sno Saps
54 Beyond Pollution
55 Kiss Kat
Wackomercial
1 Special K
2 Blubber King
3 Mouse Mix
4 Ogre Eaters
5 Octivia
6 Crimetapp
7 Stealthy Choice
8 Sweet n Slow
9 Crispux
10 MOB
11 Chopper Tone
12 Hide
13 Wiiz
14 Guitar Zero
15 Sparker
16 Yubang
17 Spread Bull
18 Wobblers
19 Maggoty Ann
20 WetFlix
Foil Classics
1 Shrunken Donuts
2 LOX
3 Pupsi
4 Delinquent
5 Ruden's
6 Scream Sicle
7 Icicle
8 Three Mosquitoes
9 Flunk
10 Schnozmopolitan
sourced from ebay purchase

This looks great!! THX for sharing!! and Welcome!! I heard the Foils might be Glow-in-the-Dark? signed? or maybe that was signed on the Wackommercial ones?? No Lents SUX...

Offline dth1971

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 06:13:42 AM »
So Guitar Zero will be a WACKOMERCIAL!

Maybe Hawaiian Traffic could be the last minute Kiss Kat replacement if Gene Simmons is watching...