Author Topic: Chrome Superfractor Roll Call  (Read 16156 times)

Offline WPcollector

Re: Chrome Superfractor Roll Call
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 05:20:34 AM »
I would think a WP SF would go for a good amount if listed today. Not $350.  Prob $700.  I don't think they "canceled" a followup Chrome set. They just have not done one as of yet. I think chrome sold reasonably well.

Looking around on this forum and elsewhere and looking at overall interest for wp chrome, i beg to differ. But im sure with your constant enthusiasm, topps chrome series 2 should be right around the corner!

oh hmmm interesting, there is basically one wp chrome card being sold on ebay per day on average.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wacky+packages+chrome&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Doesn't seem to be doing too well on the secondary market. Don't really see why they'd release a 2nd series if dealers know there's minimal interest right?

Do you have access to any sales stats?

Offline bigtomi

• All Wackys from die-cuts on...no border variations
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 08:05:45 AM »
oh hmmm interesting, there is basically one wp chrome card being sold on ebay per day on average.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=wacky+packages+chrome&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
Not that I'm taking sides with anyone on this topic (as I, too, don't think Chrome has any more life in it), but in all fairness to DrDeal, your claim is inaccurate. The time frame being shown is 90 days, not 1 year, so the 360+ Chrome items sold is more like 4 per day. Granted, this is still not huge (IMO), but is better than what you're making it out to be. Just sayin'.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »
Looking around on this forum and elsewhere and looking at overall interest for wp chrome, i beg to differ. But im sure with your constant enthusiasm, topps chrome series 2 should be right around the corner!

Doesn't seem to be doing too well on the secondary market. Don't really see why they'd release a 2nd series if dealers know there's minimal interest right?

Do you have access to any sales stats?

No sales stats here ; but the resale prices on Chrome sealed boxes seem to be stable. This would seem to indicate that people continue to pay close to what the boxes sold for when released ; not half of that. So if chrome is currently selling slowly ; but is selling at relatively high prices; then that seems to be a positive.

Offline WPcollector

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
Not that I'm taking sides with anyone on this topic (as I, too, don't think Chrome has any more life in it), but in all fairness to DrDeal, your claim is inaccurate. The time frame being shown is 90 days, not 1 year, so the 360+ Chrome items sold is more like 4 per day. Granted, this is still not huge (IMO), but is better than what you're making it out to be. Just sayin'.

Well that's going to be the average after 360 days...  at the current pace... just sayin

Quote from: drdeal
resale prices on Chrome sealed boxes seem to be stable. This would seem to indicate that people continue to pay close to what the boxes sold for when released
~

the last hobby box sold in march, it's now almost june.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPS-2014-WACKY-PACKAGES-CHROME-Trading-Cards-HOBBY-BOX-NEW-Collectors-Sealed-/191546734841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c991338f9

i understand your point of view but distributors are not having an easy go at unloading this product. It will take a firesale for them to move.
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-value-pack-bulk-case-108-value-packs-topps-2014

i think a traditional set like os6 would fare better than a second chrome product would you not agree?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
Well that's going to be the average after 360 days...  at the current pace... just sayin
~

the last hobby box sold in march, it's now almost june.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPS-2014-WACKY-PACKAGES-CHROME-Trading-Cards-HOBBY-BOX-NEW-Collectors-Sealed-/191546734841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c991338f9

i understand your point of view but distributors are not having an easy go at unloading this product. It will take a firesale for them to move.
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-value-pack-bulk-case-108-value-packs-topps-2014

i think a traditional set like os6 would fare better than a second chrome product would you not agree?

There are also private sales, such as are advertised here. 

I would support a new Wacky chrome release IF we were guaranteed that they were going to go through series 16.  That being said, given a choice, I'd rather have Old School and postcards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 03:34:20 AM »
Almost September and no Superfractors on the bay in 9 months now. They WILL surface. There are too many boxes out there yet to be cracked.

Offline quas

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:53 AM »
There are also private sales, such as are advertised here. 

I would support a new Wacky chrome release IF we were guaranteed that they were going to go through series 16.  That being said, given a choice, I'd rather have Old School and postcards.

Maybe we can convince Kristin to change the words to "I Want Chrome for Christmas" and sing it to Topps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUsCdktQh7E
Marc

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
It was nice to see Norm Saunders classics on Chrome. But I would rather focus on Chromes done for newer ANS. I was glad to part was with my Super and make someone else happy which in return made me happy to get lots in return too.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2015, 03:56:18 AM »
Oct now and no Superfractors. Starting to think they will NEVER surface. Strange. Still digging my Brittle card. Who knew last Nov. that would be it in terms of new ones showing up.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 03:18:17 PM »
Oct now and no Superfractors. Starting to think they will NEVER surface. Strange. Still digging my Brittle card. Who knew last Nov. that would be it in terms of new ones showing up.

How many were made?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »
How many were made?

I think 1 for each of the 105 base cards.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:15 AM »
I think 1 for each of the 105 base cards.

I think it was actually one for each of the 110 numbered base cards, including the three checklists.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2015, 03:49:42 AM »
It has now been over a year since I started this thread with no Supers showing on Ebay.  There have to be more of them lurking in unopened boxes.

How long will it be before one surfaces?  Has anyone heard of one being sold outside of Ebay?  When I search google no pictures of a Wacky SF show up so here is a pic of mine shown with the Diamond Sparkle Topps 75th card.

Andrew

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 03:52:44 AM by DrDeal »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »
Just purchase 27 packs of chrome in 9 Value packs which each contain 3 packs plus 4 base cards. I figured they can't have been searched as they are sealed and do not have clear fronts on the packs. I will report if I score anything cool.

Offline quas

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »
Just purchase 27 packs of chrome in 9 Value packs which each contain 3 packs plus 4 base cards. I figured they can't have been searched as they are sealed and do not have clear fronts on the packs. I will report if I score anything cool.

May the Superfractor force be with you!
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
May the Superfractor force be with you!

Got my 9 Value Packs so I got to open 27 Chrome packs.  Weird to not get blues or golds. Cool to see the Refractors and Cutting Rooms floor cards come out of packs.  No super rare cards but still a fun exercise.  I now have some extra cards to spread around with the youngsters at our holiday gatherings.

Happy Holidays,  Andrew

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
Good you had fun and can spread the Wacky cheer!  There have been chrome packs in the vending machine at the local supermarket, but I have resisted.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »
Good you had fun and can spread the Wacky cheer!  There have been chrome packs in the vending machine at the local supermarket, but I have resisted.

Wow, you still have a vending machine that sells packs of cards?  I didn't know any of those were left.  What is the price of a pack?  With these new "Wacky boxes" showing up at Target that seem to mostly have Chrome packs, I'm guessing buying Chrome packs out of a vending machine would lose its appeal.

Offline quas

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
Wow, you still have a vending machine that sells packs of cards?  I didn't know any of those were left.  What is the price of a pack?  With these new "Wacky boxes" showing up at Target that seem to mostly have Chrome packs, I'm guessing buying Chrome packs out of a vending machine would lose its appeal.

I've seen 5 Wacky Boxes.  Out of the 16 packs in each, the most Chrome I've seen in any one is 4.  One of the boxes had no Chrome packs at all.
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2015, 05:51:30 AM »

Yep!  There are several different Wacky series in it, including ANS7, Chrome and one of the recent releases with the window packs.  I'll make a note of the prices next time I shop.

Offline quas

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2016, 10:10:26 PM »
I just listed Sailem on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322044707123?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Always interesting to see what happens....
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2016, 02:38:14 AM »
I just listed Sailem on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322044707123?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Always interesting to see what happens....

So cool to see one listed. Best of luck on your sale. Did it come from a value pack? Please provide some insight on how you came across this gem and how it felt when you pulled it.   ;)

Regards,  Andrew

Offline quas

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
So cool to see one listed. Best of luck on your sale. Did it come from a value pack? Please provide some insight on how you came across this gem and how it felt when you pulled it.   ;)

Regards,  Andrew

Hi Andrew - Value pack, yes.

Marc
Marc

Offline quas

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2016, 03:59:50 PM »
I posted this Hurtz elsewhere but figured I should post it here as well.

Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 03:02:12 AM »
Hurtz has hit the bay. That bird will draw some attention.

Offline NationalSpittoon

• NationalSpittoon PSA Registry
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 04:18:29 AM »
I've seen 5 Wacky Boxes.  Out of the 16 packs in each, the most Chrome I've seen in any one is 4.  One of the boxes had no Chrome packs at all.

I've never seen Chrome in boxes at Target since Chrome came out. Just straight 2016 packs, which are all there. No one seems to buy them.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 03:10:58 PM »
Just straight 2016 packs, which are all there. No one seems to buy them.
And yet some of us wonder why no new Wacky sets are on the horizon....

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »

Well, for starters it would be nice if the "know nothings" over at Slopps(tm) would listen to their constituents and make packs UNSERCHABLE!!!  But NO, they make it even easier by making the packs clear, UN-Friggin-Believable!!! If I worked there, I would have to walk out due to ineptness.

Snark out

Offline Dopey Whip

• Non-sports 1950's & Up, Wacky Packages 1973 & Up
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »

I bought out every Wacky Box (16 pack) in Maryland/Virginia area.  :lol_hitting: In most were between 4-8 with a couple with just 1 or 2. There were box without any but I didn't buy them if I didn't see any Chrome in them

Offline NationalSpittoon

• NationalSpittoon PSA Registry
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2016, 04:32:27 AM »

It doesn't surprise anyone at all probably, we'd all rather collect baseball cards with people on them instead of funny spoofs of popular products. You can't get a laugh from a baseball card..

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »
You can't get a laugh from a baseball card..
Oh, this year's Yankee set might generate a few......   

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
I like both. Baseball cards were very big in the 60s and 70s, before the investment craze of the 80s killed it. Hard to really explain the appeal to the younger set. I just picked this one up....

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »
Minute Mud SuperFractor up on the bay now. Pretty cool to see one of these up for sale. Met a collector who has 27 of them.  I bet he ends up with this one too.

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
Minute Mud SuperFractor up on the bay now. Pretty cool to see one of these up for sale. Met a collector who has 27 of them.  I bet he ends up with this one too.
Wasn't this title up for sale on eBay before?

Offline Dopey Whip

• Non-sports 1950's & Up, Wacky Packages 1973 & Up
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
nope... first time on ebay. It was listed on here but no one was biting.