Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGES OLD SCHOOL 5 BINDER NOW AVAILABLE ON TOPPS WEBSITE  (Read 6746 times)

Offline chickenfat2010

Cost is $19.99 for the binder plus $5.34 shipping if you do SMART POST whatever that is. No bonus card comes with the blue binder. Enjoy, Fats

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: WACKY PACKAGES OLD SCHOOL 5 BINDER NOW AVAILABLE ON TOPPS WEBSITE
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
Thanks for letting us know. Does anyone know if there will be an ANS12 binder? If so, I will wait and order both. I'm sure Topps waited to release this until after their big black Friday and Cyber monday sales.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
I'm sure Topps waited to release this until after their big black Friday and Cyber monday sales.
coincidence, I'm sure...  :]

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 10:51:31 AM »
coincidence, I'm sure...  :]

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I wish they would go back to including a bonus card with the binder. Or a wax wrapper. Just give us something
extra like you did in the past. I may wait to pick one up a the Philly show next Spring to forgo shipping charges. No rush as my OS 5 cards are comfortably housed in one of my OS 1-16 binders for now.

Offline quas

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:44:38 PM »
I wish they would go back to including a bonus card with the binder. Or a wax wrapper. Just give us something
extra like you did in the past. I may wait to pick one up a the Philly show next Spring to forgo shipping charges. No rush as my OS 5 cards are comfortably housed in one of my OS 1-16 binders for now.

Ditto.  Or just wait until the next Topps sale (maybe for sometime during the holidays).
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:39:38 AM »
Ditto.  Or just wait until the next Topps sale (maybe for sometime during the holidays).

The danger in waiting is they might just stop selling it with no notice.  I took my time ordering the last binder sets for OS 13-16, and I was checking the website fairly frequently to see how many were left.  I finally ordered them when people started getting their OS17 binders, and although there were still a lot left, less than a week later Topps removed them from the webpage.  I'd have had a fit if after buying the three previous sets I couldn't get the last set and the two free OS17 binders I was expecting!

I'll probably ask for the Old School 5 binder for Christmas.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 03:06:22 AM »
The danger in waiting is they might just stop selling it with no notice.  I took my time ordering the last binder sets for OS 13-16, and I was checking the website fairly frequently to see how many were left.  I finally ordered them when people started getting their OS17 binders, and although there were still a lot left, less than a week later Topps removed them from the webpage.  I'd have had a fit if after buying the three previous sets I couldn't get the last set and the two free OS17 binders I was expecting!

I'll probably ask for the Old School 5 binder for Christmas.

OS5 Binder is not limited like the 1 -16 binders were. I sense they will make it to the Philly show.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 06:03:23 AM »

I agree as well - no special sticker - no wax wrapper - no stamps - NO CARD SLEEVES!! REALLY !! - milking that $$$ AGAIN!! AT LEAST FREE SHIPPING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE-- OR A LOWER PRICE!!! THOSE GUYS GOT THEIR HEADS UP THEIR ASS!!  >:D >:D >:D

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »
Any word on a Chrome or 2014 S1 binder as well?

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »
Any word on a Chrome or 2014 S1 binder as well?

I am NOOOTTTT even going to say Ittttttt!!! BUT it is tempting!!! (those of you know what i am talking about) NUF' SAID!! :] :] :] :] :] :]

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
I agree as well - no special sticker - no wax wrapper - no stamps - NO CARD SLEEVES!! REALLY !! - milking that $$$ AGAIN!! AT LEAST FREE SHIPPING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE-- OR A LOWER PRICE!!! THOSE GUYS GOT THEIR HEADS UP THEIR ASS!!  >:D >:D >:D
The Topps website currently has the OS5 binders ON SALE.....it's now $13.99 instead of the regular $19.99

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 10:19:34 AM »
The Topps website currently has the OS5 binders ON SALE.....it's now $13.99 instead of the regular $19.99

Whoop Whoop :great:

Update - It wasn't much of a sale for me. Shipping is $9.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:23:26 AM by BumChex »

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »

OLDS5 boxes are also on sale - for $37 apiece as opposed to $53 apiece - a 30% discount.  Topps must have been listening to us.  Or they noticed their OLDS5 inventory had stopped moving completely.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:40:37 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
OLDS5 boxes are also on sale - for $37 apiece as opposed to $53 apiece - a 30% discount.  Topps must have been listening to us.  Or they noticed their OLDS5 inventory had stopped moving completely.

maybe...they lowered the price of the binder - BUT they RAISED the price of shipping - the other day it was $6.02 to ship 2 binders today its $9.32 - all in all its a 19% discount - DEVIL is in the details!! They are NOT fooling the Hustler!!  >:D >:D >:D

maybe they saw my prior post!! really S/B Free Shipping like everyone else on the WEB... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:18:25 PM by Hustler08 »

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »
I put a box and the os5 binder in cart and a popup showed if I type in my email, I would get another 20% so I did. It paid for the shipping.  :great:

2014 Wacky Packages Old School 5 Binder
SKU: VLT-14WKY-BND  $13.99 1 $13.99 
2014 Wacky Packages Series 1
SKU: FGC000878  $34.99 1 $34.99 

Subtotal  $48.98 
  Shipping & Handling  $9.32 
  Discount (2014 Holiday - 20% OFF First Purchase)  -$9.80 
  Grand Total  $48.50

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »
maybe...they lowered the price of the binder - BUT they RAISED the price of shipping - the other day it was $6.02 to ship 2 binders today its $9.32 - all in all its a 19% discount - DEVIL is in the details!! They are NOT fooling the Hustler!!  >:D >:D >:D

maybe they saw my prior post!! really S/B Free Shipping like everyone else on the WEB... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I had the same experience - the binder was marked down, but the shipping was jacked up to $9.32, just for the binder!  I did put in my email, but did not get the extra discount it promised, so I was disappointed in the overall sale.  Probably only saved about $3 when you factor in their excessive shipping charge.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 09:38:21 AM »
I had the same experience - the binder was marked down, but the shipping was jacked up to $9.32, just for the binder!  I did put in my email, but did not get the extra discount it promised, so I was disappointed in the overall sale.  Probably only saved about $3 when you factor in their excessive shipping charge.

On the checkout page there was a code in the promo box, you had to apply it and then it would have given the 20% discount. I had almost missed it myself.

Offline quas

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »

My shipping, for one single solitary binder to NJ, was to be $12.16, so I closed the browser on that one...
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 05:16:45 AM »
My shipping, for one single solitary binder to NJ, was to be $12.16, so I closed the browser on that one...

Wait for the Philly Show if you live in NJ.

anything