Author Topic: Lost Wackys  (Read 24291 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Lost Wackys
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »
Not sure what you mean by variations in set one? Hopefully not those eff'd up crap cards that were a spit in the face to all collectors.

Yes, I believe that is what I am referring to.  The Abomination/ Variation Lost Wacky set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »
I haven't found one - the list of Series 1 & 2 titles are in this thread, and people have mentioned some of the replaced titles but I haven't seen a definitive list. Anyone have one?

I've been looking through what I have, but I'm not sure I have everything, so I hesitate to write up a complete list.  Willing to take a shot at it as a Master list if people will chime in with what they know from the original issuance.

I do have 3 alternate puzzles: for Lost Wacky set 1, Mixwell Hearse instead of Janitor in a Slum, and for Lost Wacky set 2, Libber's and Dr. Peeper instead of Forger's.  Also a Gooya sticker with "Gooya" printed in a pattern on the reverse, and five different color printing versions of Janitor in a Slum with a pattern on the back.  For empty wrappers, I have yellow, green, red, blue and purple - I don't know which colors go with which series.

As for "corrected" versions, in my stickers I see two different white back Gooya versions, "facial hair" and "who work for us."  Pig pens I have with and without "The Ink with Oink."  GPK I have with "Yo Ma" and "Ma Ma."  We'll need an abomination column so people know which is which!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:58:22 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
I believe Dr Deal has a full list of the bad stickers above. Some were just poor repros, like Nastee and Tushee, but the rest were butchered versions of the real deal. Most alterations were fairly obvious.
personally, I think there should be no acknowledgement of the abominations on any list ever.
mine were gleefully destroyed.

Offline Kook

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 08:23:01 AM »
Does anyone have more info on the homemade "shot wheels" series? I would/could classify these with the lost & collector made items like the homemade posters.

On ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-LEMONLINE-Shot-Wheels-car-on-blister-card-/261606135050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce8f0d50a

on Rusty's site - see all 12
http://www.lostwackys.com/wacky-packages/crafts/SHOTWHEELS-14-wacky-packages.htm

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 05:35:17 AM »
Does anyone have more info on the homemade "shot wheels" series? I would/could classify these with the lost & collector made items like the homemade posters.

Yes... I know a bit about them:  They were made by an artist by the name of John Suares (sp) of San Diego, CA.  He is a close friend of Duane Dimmock's and basically lived just down the street from him.  Scott Broberg and I met him in person back in 1997 at Duane's house while visiting / touring Duane's vast collection, and at the time there were only 6 different cars available and they were only $15 each.  Due to the explosion of the internet around that time and Ebay, John had several orders requested by hot wheel collectors and Wacky enthusiasts and could barely even keep up productions since each one was hand made and painted.  Somewhere after 2000, he made a second run set, of which I only have one of, so not sure how many were produced in that series.  Truly unique pieces, and one of the most awesome collector / fan-made items out there.  Nowadays, when they show up on Ebay they usually get around $100+/- apiece.

Offline Kook

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »

Yes... I know a bit about them:  They were made by an artist by the name of John Suares (sp) of San Diego, CA.  He is a close friend of Duane Dimmock's and basically lived just down the street from him.  Scott Broberg and I met him in person back in 1997 at Duane's house while visiting / touring Duane's vast collection, and at the time there were only 6 different cars available and they were only $15 each.  Due to the explosion of the internet around that time and Ebay, John had several orders requested by hot wheel collectors and Wacky enthusiasts and could barely even keep up productions since each one was hand made and painted.  Somewhere after 2000, he made a second run set, of which I only have one of, so not sure how many were produced in that series.  Truly unique pieces, and one of the most awesome collector / fan-made items out there.  Nowadays, when they show up on Ebay they usually get around $100+/- apiece.

Thanks for the info Brian

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 06:31:36 AM »
A lot more than the GPK was altered. Gooya, fool aid and others.

Anyone have a list of everything that was replaced/upgraded in the first Lost series? I'm going to add this information to the Master Spreadsheet for future reference.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
Anyone have a list of everything that was replaced/upgraded in the first Lost series? I'm going to add this information to the Master Spreadsheet for future reference.

I think a number of people here view the "abominations" Dr. Deal listed above kind of the way you view the X-Packs. 

I've got a start on a list of items I have, including some boxes and uncut puzzles, and two different sized binders.  But, I don't know for sure which stickers came from which color wrappers (I have 5 different colors, and one or two that are fully printed instead of having a label stuck on a plain white wax wrapper.)  I think the Series 1 originals were in the yellow and purple wrappers, with the replacements in the green wrapper, and the Series 2 stickers were in the red and blue wrappers.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »
Here's what I have:

Replacements
Buggies
Nastee Crush
Antenmann's
Hawaiian Punks
Mixwell Hearse
Gooya
Mr Potato Famine
Little Barmaid
Pig Pen
Garbage Pail Kids
Fool Aid
Tushy Roll

Bonuses provided w/replacements
Grow Germ
Runny Face
Jujubats
Orgeo
Green lost gum

Unfixed titles
Rotting Zone
Fanatik
Usneeze
Gristlers
Bacteria

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 11:06:43 AM »
What do you mean by "unfixed"?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 11:22:54 AM »
What do you mean by "unfixed"?
My best recollection on this is that these titles were also altered, but for some reason, were not reproduced "corrected". I have no details documented, in my brain nor on paper/digitally.

I also agree with your evaluation of the wrappers:
Series 1 - yellow and purple
Replaced/bonuses - green
Series 2 - blue and red

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
Dang, I totally forgot about the John Suarez hand-made Shotwheels cars.  I bought one of the original 3 or 4 he made.  But I haven't seen it in years.  I sure hope I kept it!  Such a cool item.

Thanks for the info Brian

anything