Author Topic: Master Spreadsheet  (Read 387631 times)

Online Lavirus

Master Spreadsheet
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »
Sometimes in life, if you want something done you've got to do it yourself. Toward that end, I have compiled a master Wacky spreadsheet containing all critical release information. Here's my approach:

- I've skipped some minor releases like the Wonder Bread and Shedd's.
- I normalized all titles based on their first appearance on a checklist.
- I've listed the real product name upon a title's first appearance (starting with the first series and only noting unique titles otherwise).
- I've normalized real product names as best I could.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1myakdWkhpz7dHJBtFD0uAkkHnMlyDhl1LQmHujU9AZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if this works for you, i.e. can you download a copy to manipulate? Also, please submit corrections and suggestions. I'll start a Wacky Trivia thread because having this info in one place leads to some fun insights!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:54:56 AM by Lavirus »

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Master Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
interesting. i'll have to spend some time on this.
Greg Grant has a pretty extensive one on his site too, up through ANS4
http://www.wackypacks.com/stickers/alphabetical.html

the OS 4th series is a weird one.
while on the checklist, Windhex replaced Bum Chex and Mess Clairoil replaced Choke Wagon, on the sticker sheet it's the reverse: Windhex replaced Choke Wagon and Mess Clairol replaced Bum Chex
(although technically, Windhex replaced Hipton and Mess Clairoil replaced Chef Girl-ar-dee...)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
Sometimes in life, if you want something done you've got to do it yourself. Toward that end, I have compiled a master Wacky spreadsheet containing all critical release information. Here's my approach:

- I've skipped some minor releases like the Wonder Bread and Shedd's.
- I normalized all titles based on their first appearance on a checklist.
- I've listed the real product name upon a title's first appearance (starting with the first series and only noting unique titles otherwise).
- I've normalized real product names as best I could.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U-Kp1VqbJkgevNBy9x7CA74TdH4Z7aOJ1gYD-My7iqU/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if this works for you, i.e. can you download a copy to manipulate? Also, please submit corrections and suggestions. I'll start a Wacky Trivia thread because having this info in one place leads to some fun insights!

WOW! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you putting this together! Having all the info on one spread sheet is better than ____________(fill in the blank)! Thanks again! Neil

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:33 AM »
This is awesome! Thanks for you hard work and time putting this together!
 :bravo_2:

Online Lavirus

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »
Thanks, it was a mostly fun effort, especially looking through the last few ANS series to figure out real products.

Most of this information was gathered from various websites and this forum, but it's a shame something like Greg's site hasn't been maintained. Speaking of which, I hope someone has archived both Greg's and Rusty's sites as they haven't been updated in years and are likely to just disappear.

I'd offer to build a new site but I'm a content guy, not a web developer.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
Holy Moly! Thanks for doing this. This really helps a guy like me. I WANT to stay plugged in to all the Wacky releases, but I simply CAN'T. It's all too much. A list like this helps me catch the more rare releases, like Lost Wackys, Ads, Wonkys, etc, etc...

Awesome Job

BrianMc
Brian Mc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »
I don't know if you know this, but you still haven't added B3 ( The Smash Pack) and B4 ( Just A Beaver). Just thought you'd like to know.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
I looked at the Spreadsheet and found a whole lot of corrections and product name expansions- so many, in fact, that I don't think I can fit them all on one page. Could you please send me your snail-mail address so that I can send them to you? You have my word that after I use it, I'll shred it and I won't share it with anyone else if that's what you want. Thank you very much for your time and help. (By the way, the last message was for 2014 S1.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:36:52 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 03:33:06 AM »
I figured I'd give you some of the corrections here. First, the actual order of 3023-3026 is Fuzzy Globs, Ghoul Talk, Powerless Glove and Snookered. Second, 3016's real name is actually Grahamy Bears, and 3023's is Frusen-Gladje.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:37:45 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »
Another real name correction. MOB Coffee is MJB Coffee.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »
Got two more real names as per my first message in this section:2014 S1 B3 is The Trash Pack and B4 is Justin Bieber. That's all the real names I've got for now. Everything else is mostly real name expansions and/or corrections, plus a few spelling errors. I'll try to get them sent to you after the holidays.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:38:23 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »
Another real name to fix:No.554 is Top 'Ems, not Fling 'Ems. Also, the number for MOB Coffee is 1736.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:38:50 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
Correction, make that Top 'Ems, not Flip 'Ems.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:39:15 PM by mikecho »

Online Lavirus

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »
Thanks Mike, I've applied all the corrections you suggested except for Fling 'Ems. There's been lots of confusion about that one over the years, what makes you say it's Top 'Ems and not Flip 'Ems?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 07:02:30 PM »
Top 'Ems Candy BBs (that's the full name) I got from lostwackys.com. If I'm wrong, my bad. Also, I think ScareBearStare (2089) is really Aeropostale. The reason I say this is I've seen a lot of billboards for that company that look like the Wacky. Again, if I'm wrong, please tell me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:39:53 PM by mikecho »

Online Lavirus

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 06:14:53 AM »
Yeah, I see that, but the Top 'Ems as shown here (http://www.lostwackys.com/Wacky-Packages/16th-series/fling-ems.htm) looks nothing like the Wacky.

I think you're right that ScareBearStare is not a spoof of Care Bears but I don't think it's Aeropostale either. Anyone have a better suggestion? Image is here:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/tNAAAOxy9eVRQmV-/$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q-v2BRQmV-N%28lQ~~60_35.JPG

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
Thanks Mike, I've applied all the corrections you suggested except for Fling 'Ems. There's been lots of confusion about that one over the years, what makes you say it's Top 'Ems and not Flip 'Ems?

I think I have to agree that this is a parody of Top'ems. My mother used to decorate cakes when I was young and the Top'ems also came in single containers (the Top'ems on the web site shows 6 together in one package. Imagine the section on the left packaged separately and it would look very much like the Wacky. Also the packaging colors and font style still make me think this is a match. These came in a multitude of colors and styles. Its amazing a Google search can only find this one picture of the product.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline mikecho

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
I Googled Flip 'Ems and found a reference on trademarkia.com (I think that's what it was called) but they didn't have a photo. All I found out was that it was multi-colored candy pieces.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »
Just had an idea for more additions to the Spreadsheet.How about adding the crazy coupons from the 1991 series, the other crazy coupons from ANS 1 and Flashback 2,and especially the Wacky Websites from ANS 1,2,3 and 4?

Online Lavirus

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
Yeah I thought about adding those but, frankly, I never read most of them. If you want to compile the information I'll gladly add it to the spreadsheet.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 03:47:15 PM »
the Flip'ems debate was (re-) settled less than a month ago in the Real Products Thread...   :-\

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=3835.msg71699#msg71699

Offline mikecho

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
Two more real name corrections. No.1025 is just Rich'N Chips (the C.C. is another Keebler chocolate chip cookie named C.C.Biggs) and no.2622 is Genesee Beer.

Online Lavirus

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »
Updated! Thanks a lot for your efforts, I can't imagine how you're catching these.

I'm still unclear about ScareBearStare - is it a spoof of a movie?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:22:27 PM by Lavirus »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 06:07:38 AM »
Updated! Thanks a lot for your efforts, I can't imagine how you're catching these.

I'm still unclear about ScareBearStare - is it a spoof of a movie?

Care Bear Stare was (is?) a kid's tv show.

Online Lavirus

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 06:09:58 AM »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 06:37:10 AM »
Got it, here's the image the spoof is based on: http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/care_bears_welcome_to_care-a-lot_wallpaper_care_bear_stare.jpg

Never had heard of it, thanks guys!

And even the real advertisement is scary enough, honestly!  That blue bear on the far right....yikes! >(

Offline mikecho

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 11:55:38 AM »
Here's another addition for you. No.875 should say "repeat from 12th series.''

Online Lavirus

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
Done. Keep 'em coming!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
Good news! The lists of spelling corrections and real name expansions AND the Crazy Coupons and Wacky Websites are done! I'm mailing them to you tomorrow, so keep an eye open for them. I hope you'll forgive the haphazardness of the first list; I just wrote them all down as I went along.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »
I just realized I forgot to mention that I disposed of your snail-mail address you sent me as I promised.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 02:45:38 PM »
Just a suggestion: I think that the Wacky Billboards from 2014 S1 should be in order from 1-6, just like the ones from ANS 10 and 11 are.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »
Can I have your snail-mail address again? I've got more corrections to give you and I stupidly erased it. Thanks.

Offline ElectricSlave

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
No Canuckian O-pee-chee? :'(, but Irish ones? :singing: :tongue6: :tongue11: :tongue2: :sad2: :sad3: :ho:
I couldn't use "find on this page" to quickly locate a sticker/product I'm looking for a QUICK WAY TO SEE IF ONES I'm DOING HAVE BEEN DONE SO i DON'T DUPLICATE ART/jokes AND waste effort..
 Is it just to see all the wackies on a single page then?
I see there are some in the reprint series that have original stickers in them. It's nice to see the more recent series on the list. a flashback series two eh...didn't know that existed...be nice to get the rare stickers if I can't afford them other ways.
oh times uip gotta go without editing this so I should be mud in no time..thanks for the efforts though

Online Lavirus

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »
Yeah, the Irish series had new images but the OPC series were strictly reprints. If there's enough of a demand I can add them, too.

You should be able to easily search the spreadsheet, either while viewing via Google Docs or downloading it and opening it up in Excel or something similar.

Offline ElectricSlave

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 10:53:20 AM »
DOH! of course...it's  great way to double check saves tons of time. I mean I'm doing my own series. I was able to check in 5 minutes if any I've done have been done and if they were the same joke. thank fully none were...I thought I'd have to make say 31 just in case I screwed up as up until now I had no way of checking the later ANS or old school. Thanks . I can now do Frooty Peebles...#26...I'm still smiling on that one. anyone remember mister Peebles? >Hah< I might get in trouble for this one!...and still need a replacement 31 one