Author Topic: Master Spreadsheet  (Read 388520 times)

Offline rebelx0024

Re: Master Spreadsheet
« Reply #1155 on: January 22, 2022, 09:25:29 PM »
Hey, thought it was worth mentioning that the graduation photo cards from OLDS9 seem to be missing from the spreadsheet.  Please add.  Thanks.

Offline R3242

« Reply #1156 on: January 23, 2022, 03:45:17 PM »
Sometimes in life, if you want something done you've got to do it yourself. Toward that end, I have compiled a master Wacky spreadsheet containing all critical release information. Here's my approach:

- I've skipped some minor releases like the Wonder Bread and Shedd's.
- I normalized all titles based on their first appearance on a checklist.
- I've listed the real product name upon a title's first appearance (starting with the first series and only noting unique titles otherwise).
- I've normalized real product names as best I could.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1myakdWkhpz7dHJBtFD0uAkkHnMlyDhl1LQmHujU9AZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if this works for you, i.e. can you download a copy to manipulate? Also, please submit corrections and suggestions. I'll start a Wacky Trivia thread because having this info in one place leads to some fun insights!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1157 on: January 23, 2022, 04:17:52 PM »
Hey, thought it was worth mentioning that the graduation photo cards from OLDS9 seem to be missing from the spreadsheet.  Please add.  Thanks.
Dunzo. Thanks for the catch

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1158 on: February 01, 2022, 05:36:26 AM »
Is someone here responsible for this?

http://wackylist.com/index.htm

• Administrator
« Reply #1159 on: February 01, 2022, 09:47:09 AM »
Is someone here responsible for this?

http://wackylist.com/index.htm
Looks like it’s put together by Todd Schannuth.
He’s been on here a few times.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2022, 10:46:12 AM »
So he just scraped our spreadsheet for the data?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2022, 12:10:04 PM »
So he just scraped our spreadsheet for the data?
It would seem so, but I've got a question on one of his real names - the one for STD in the 8th Series.

Is it STP Oil Treatment, like I said, or STP Oil Additive, like he said?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:13:26 PM by mikecho »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1162 on: February 01, 2022, 01:02:07 PM »
It would seem so, but I've got a question on one of his real names - the one for STD in the 8th Series.

Is it STP Oil Treatment, like I said, or STP Oil Additive, like he said?

The packaging says STP Oil Treatment. But the real name of the product is STP, that’s all that matters.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1163 on: February 01, 2022, 06:57:19 PM »
The packaging says STP Oil Treatment. But the real name of the product is STP, that’s all that matters.

(Image removed from quote.)
Okay, I thought I was right.

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #1164 on: February 21, 2022, 10:29:54 AM »
Something I've been wondering...why are most of the titles from the mixed GPK/Wacky online sets from circa 2016-17 not on the spreadsheet?  Shouldn't those be added?  View Martian is there, of course, but what about others from Network Spews, Trumpocracy, holiday sets, etc.?

Glad almost all the GPK-related Wackys (Wacky Pails, as I prefer to call them) from the GPK retail sets are included.  There are a couple from 2018-19 PNS shows that are missing, though: Creeps and Old Petal.

Offline drono

« Reply #1165 on: February 21, 2022, 12:26:10 PM »

Growing up in the south and being a big fan of NASCAR and especially Richard Petty, I've always wondered why STP was the racer's edge.  I also vaguely remember a commercial I used to hear on MRN during race day, but can't find any reference to it in this hyper-information age.  Does anyone remember this jingle?

You can tell he's a star by the side of his car, and everyone knows him by name (or something like that).
Petty's his name, racing's his game.
STP, it's the racer's edge.
He's won at Richmond, he's won at the big ones, that's why they call him the king.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 12:28:39 PM by drono »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1166 on: February 21, 2022, 07:23:30 PM »
Growing up in the south and being a big fan of NASCAR and especially Richard Petty, I've always wondered why STP was the racer's edge.  I also vaguely remember a commercial I used to hear on MRN during race day, but can't find any reference to it in this hyper-information age.  Does anyone remember this jingle?

You can tell he's a star by the side of his car, and everyone knows him by name (or something like that).
He's won at Richmond, he's won at the big ones, that's why they call him the king.
I kinda-sorta remember it from my childhood up north in PA (my Dad watched ABC Wide World of Sports a lot back in the day), but the only part I know of it actually went like this:

"STP is the racer's edge".

It wasn't "it's". That much I do know.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:08:24 PM by mikecho »

• Administrator
« Reply #1167 on: February 22, 2022, 05:43:47 AM »
Something I've been wondering...why are most of the titles from the mixed GPK/Wacky online sets from circa 2016-17 not on the spreadsheet?  Shouldn't those be added?  View Martian is there, of course, but what about others from Network Spews, Trumpocracy, holiday sets, etc.?

Glad almost all the GPK-related Wackys (Wacky Pails, as I prefer to call them) from the GPK retail sets are included.  There are a couple from 2018-19 PNS shows that are missing, though: Creeps and Old Petal.
All those daily cards from 2016-2017 were skipped over in the spreadsheet at that time, as it was only tracking retail type releases and not online stuff.
I did recently add the View Martian to get it captured with the Attacky set, so that one is an anomaly at this point.
But yeah, now that all the Monthly and other online only sets are in the list,we really should work to add those missing ones.

And if you check the non-Topps list, you’ll find Creeps and Old Petal.

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #1168 on: February 22, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »
All those daily cards from 2016-2017 were skipped over in the spreadsheet at that time, as it was only tracking retail type releases and not online stuff.
I did recently add the View Martian to get it captured with the Attacky set, so that one is an anomaly at this point.
But yeah, now that all the Monthly and other online only sets are in the list,we really should work to add those missing ones.

Need a list?  I could provide one in the next few days, probably.

• Administrator
« Reply #1169 on: February 22, 2022, 07:54:44 AM »
Need a list?  I could provide one in the next few days, probably.
Thanks, but no. I’ve got the list. Made it myself when they released.

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #1170 on: February 22, 2022, 09:09:25 AM »
Thanks, but no. I’ve got the list. Made it myself when they released.

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Okay, somehow I'd missed that list before.  Thanks for your work cataloging all those releases!

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #1171 on: February 23, 2022, 01:45:29 PM »

Where is this list located?  Not seeing it.

• Administrator
« Reply #1172 on: February 23, 2022, 04:01:59 PM »
Where is this list located?  Not seeing it.
there are three tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet:  Topps, non-Topps, Bootleg
and select over to the other sheet

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #1173 on: February 24, 2022, 10:22:16 AM »
there are three tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet:  Topps, non-Topps, Bootleg
and select over to the other sheet

Cool; never noticed.  I've always just been on the Topps portion.  Glad you've noted the other items as well.  Very helpful and useful.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1174 on: June 13, 2022, 09:31:16 PM »
Just did a little housekeeping on the Master Spreadsheet:

- Changed a bunch of Attacky Package titles from all-upper case to proper upper and lower-case
- Changed 2014 S1 subset from "Patch Relic" to "Cloth Patch" because... that's what they actually are, as opposed to the ANS11 Patch Relics (and also because I went crazy trying to find mine, thinking they were with all my other thick patch/relic/medallions and they were in the binder!)
- Corrected 2015 S1 "Blue Meanie" to "Blue Beanie Margarine" in the Wardrobe Relic subset and also in Hostess Doubles

Great job keeping things going, Patrick. Love that you've already lined up space for the rest of 2022 monthlys. Carry on.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1175 on: June 16, 2022, 07:04:08 AM »
Patrick - we should add notes for artwork variations when appropriate, i.e. Attacky 5. I see you've already done so for the two Wonky Ads sets, thanks.

anything