Author Topic: Master Spreadsheet  (Read 388447 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Master Spreadsheet
« Reply #1015 on: April 05, 2020, 04:27:40 PM »
The problem is I am becoming more and more reluctant to go into the grocery store. I have taken advantage of the shop from home and pickup option but as this worsens it is getting harder and harder because the competition for these slots is fierce, and many times the orders are not filled completely. I agree there really is not a food shortage, but the process for obtaining it safely is become frustrating to navigate.

I know the Long Island cases are mounting since my brother lives in Suffolk also. I hope you can minimize your risk as this plays out.

I understand.  When I really need to go the last 2 weeks, I went at 15 minutes after opening, and got in and out.  The store, registers and carts seem to be cleanest then.  I got milk last time, and now I think I don't need to go back for a while.  I froze our stale bread as a backup.

My sister and brother-in-law work at hospitals in Suffolk.  They're scared, too, but they apparently have some PPE for now.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1016 on: April 06, 2020, 06:49:01 PM »
You misunderstood me; ... Please don't put words in my mouth.
I don't think I did. And, the LAST thing I need to do is put words in your mouth; you handle that task mightily.

It is easy to see the urgency in your spreadsheet update inquiries and it comes across as if Patrick has nothing else to do. As Mitch has said, please give Patrick...and the rest of us...a break.

Online mikecho

« Reply #1017 on: April 07, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »
I don't think I did. And, the LAST thing I need to do is put words in your mouth; you handle that task mightily.

It is easy to see the urgency in your spreadsheet update inquiries and it comes across as if Patrick has nothing else to do. As Mitch has said, please give Patrick...and the rest of us...a break.
I am giving him a break and I know he's got other things to do, I just wanted to ask him how far he's progressed. That's fair, isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:24:11 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1018 on: April 07, 2020, 12:52:50 PM »
Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I have to admit it here - I'm wrong.

Excellent work on the Postcards/Halloween Postcards section, Patrick!!! Did not see that coming!!! What a complete surprise!!!

Only a few flaws in this particular diamond:

*Post Grape-Nuts Cereal (2761),
*Post Golden Crisp Cereal (2767),
*Quaker Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Cereal (2784),
*Post Alpha-Bits Cereal (2797),
*General Mills Boo Berry Cereal (2821),
*General Mills Franken Berry Cereal (2822),
*General Mills Count Chocula Cereal (2824),
*Quaker Cap'n Crunch Cereal (2826),
*Hairi-Boo Ghost Bears was based on an unused rough for ANS4... (2843),
*Wonka Laffy Taffy - Grape (2855; did the flavors in this product have fancy names here at that time? I don't know),
*Morbid Chocolate MuMmy's & Milk Chocolate M&M's (2875 & 2885),
*Petrified MuMmy's & Peanut M&M's (2876 & 4298),
*Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal with Almonds - Family Size (2893),
*Kellogg's Corn Flakes Cereal (2895),
*Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal - Original (2898),
*Post Fruity Pebbles Cereal (2899),
*Quaker Cap'n Crunch Cereal (2929),
*Campbell's Spaghetti-Os - Original (2941),
*Souvenir Stamp (2942).

I figure if you're going to put "Cereal" on all the cereals, you might as well start here.

Once again, an excellent job indeed!!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:16:51 PM by mikecho »

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1019 on: April 07, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
Well, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I have to admit it here - I'm wrong.

Excellent work on the Postcards/Halloween Postcards section, Patrick!!! Did not see that coming!!! What a complete surprise!!!

thanks, just making a bunch of postcard updates after putting in place holders for the new set that just came out. I enjoy working on adding new items more than updating old items - which may be somewhat obvious at this point - but I do get around to them.

As Tom indicated - I'm still online, posting and reading on other threads, helping promote the new postcard set for one. And as Dave mentioned, a quick check of my avatar stats can show when I last was on the forum.

Taking care of the master list doc updates is work, and takes time, and I need to be in the right mood to tackle the bigger item sets - as those can take hours to check through.

Cereal and other updates from 1018 complete.

Online mikecho

« Reply #1020 on: April 07, 2020, 06:52:32 PM »
thanks, just making a bunch of postcard updates after putting in place holders for the new set that just came out. I enjoy working on adding new items more than updating old items - which may be somewhat obvious at this point - but I do get around to them.

As Tom indicated - I'm still online, posting and reading on other threads, helping promote the new postcard set for one. And as Dave mentioned, a quick check of my avatar stats can show when I last was on the forum.

Taking care of the master list doc updates is work, and takes time, and I need to be in the right mood to tackle the bigger item sets - as those can take hours to check through.

Cereal and other updates from 1018 complete.
You've still got some things left in Reply #1018:

*Post Grape-Nuts Cereal (2761; I forgot this one (sorry about that) - it's now in the list above),
*Hairi-Boo Ghost Bears was based on an unused rough for ANS4... (2843; this one's also now in the list above, as well).

In addition, 2826, 2929 and 2942 still need to be done, as well as the Wacky names and real names of both of the M&M's Halloween Postcards (2875-2876 (these two have both the Wacky names and the real names to be done; the other two have the Wacky names only), 2885 & 4298 (the last one's one of the Halloween plaques that are based on the Halloween Postcards)).

Next, I think 2929-2933 could be combined into one Note and say this:

*300 sets given out at the San Diego Comic-Con; C1 was originally submitted for 2014 S1

Finally, 2934-2948 should be April Fool's (this is the right way to print the holiday's name).

Once these are in, the Postcards/Halloween Postcards section will be done.

I know it's in good hands; thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:17:44 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1021 on: April 07, 2020, 08:10:51 PM »
Patrick,

I just had a great idea for the next section to be done here after the Postcards section is finished.

If you could, please do the Non-Topps a's and c's found on Reply #1001 next, Like the Postcards section, this is also a relatively small task and can most likely be done in no time.

Everything is included in there that needs to be, so you should have no trouble at all.

After that, if you could, please do the Attacky Packages a's and c's on Reply #1008, for the same reasons as above.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:23:53 AM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1022 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:39 AM »
Patrick,

You guessed it...

*Dad's Original Draft Root Beer (452),
*LePage's Grip Spreader Mucilage (481),
*.../Cheetos Crunchy - Flamin' Hot (2063),
*The Original Wooly Willy (2588),
*Extra Hold Dippity-Do Spreading Gel (2642),
*Halloween Postcards Promo (2854 & 2907; this is because that's what NS2 and NS4 are, only NS1 and NS3 are regular Postcards Promos).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:10:37 PM by mikecho »

• Administrator
« Reply #1023 on: April 22, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »
For response #1020:

You've still got some things left in Reply #1018:
*Post Grape-Nuts Cereal (2761; I forgot this one (sorry about that) - it's now in the list above),
*Hairi-Boo Ghost Bears was an unused rough for ANS4... (2843; this one's also now in the list above, as well).
these two were not 'still left' in 1018, because you added them after I called it closed. Once again, STOP modifying old posts and just list them as new. They will be ignored otherwise.

In addition, 2826, 2929 and 2942 still need to be done, as well as the Wacky names and real names of both of the M&M's Halloween Postcards (2875-2876 (these two have both the Wacky names and the real names to be done; the other two have the Wacky names only), 2885 & 4298 (the last one's one of the Halloween plaques that are based on the Halloween Postcards)).
I updated the three cereals. All the rest of those are DONE.

Next, I think 2929-2933 could be combined into one Note and say this:
*300 sets given out at the San Diego Comic-Con; C1 was originally submitted for 2014 S1
completed

Finally, 2934-2948 should be April Fool's (this is the right way to print the holiday's name).
No, you are incorrect.

• Administrator
« Reply #1024 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
*Extra Holding Dippity-Do Spreading Gel (2642),

#1022 done, with 2642 using the blue label wording, which is the product version in Olds7

Online mikecho

« Reply #1025 on: April 22, 2020, 07:10:26 PM »
#1022 done, with 2642 using the blue label wording, which is the product version in Olds7
I've seen pictures of two major varieties: Regular and Extra Hold.

Regular was red gel and Extra Hold was green gel. 2642 was the green gel and the blue label with white letters, so that one's right.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:25:29 AM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1026 on: April 22, 2020, 07:36:34 PM »
Patrick,

I think you accidentally removed one of the Notes from the Postcards section:

*Hairi-Boo Ghost Bears was based on an unused rough submitted for ANS4 and was going to be "Haribol Dummy Bears" (2843)

If you could, please put it back in.

Also, some c's:

*Based on an unused rough submitted for... (2751, 2752, 2753, 2754, 2756, 2758, 2759, 2760 & 2762)
*Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran Cereal (2937),
*Awful Jokes/Kellogg's Apple Jacks Cereal (2938; I was just looking at the April Fools' Postcards on eBay and noticed the Wacky name is wrong here),
*Souvenir Stamp (2942; I looked it up in the dictionary and this is the correct way to spell it).

This should take care of the Postcards section.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:21:53 AM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1027 on: April 23, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »
Okay, starting a new page:

*Mr. Clean All-Purpose Cleaner - Giant Size (105),
*Blue Dot Ajax Cleanser (130),
*Duz Laundry Soap (455),
*Lemon Refreshed Mr. Clean All-Purpose Cleaner - King Size (456),
*New Blue Dot Ajax Cleanser (458),
*Gillette The Dry Look Dry Control for Men (459),
*Hairi-Boo Ghost-Bears/... & Haribo Gold-Bears/... (2843; the Wacky Halloween Postcard name is hyphenated, also, I checked it out and "Gold-Bears" on the plastic bag of this product at the time the postcard was made was hyphenated, too).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:36:40 PM by mikecho »

• Administrator
« Reply #1028 on: April 24, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »
Patrick,

I think you accidentally removed one of the Notes from the Postcards section:
*Hairi-Boo Ghost Bears was based on an unused rough submitted for ANS4 and was going to be "Haribol Dummy Bears" (2843)
If you could, please put it back in.
post #1026 done.
and that was no accident - there is no connection between the two.
I've now also removed 2760 for the same reason.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1029 on: April 25, 2020, 09:41:22 AM »
Mike - I know you spend a lot of time helping out with the Master Spreadsheet, and it's appreciated. But to get the most out of your work, you must

STOP
EDITING
OLD
I see you edited a bunch just yesterday. These changes, with potentially useful information, will be lost and your time will have been wasted.

Can you stop yourself from doing it?

Online mikecho

« Reply #1030 on: April 28, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
post #1026 done.
and that was no accident - there is no connection between the two.
I've now also removed 2760 for the same reason.
Okay, that explains it. Thanks!

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #1031 on: April 28, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
Where can I find the Master list for 50 Anniversary set and 2018 Go to the Movies? :^)

Online mikecho

« Reply #1032 on: April 30, 2020, 09:18:42 AM »
Where can I find the Master list for 50 Anniversary set and 2018 Go to the Movies? :^)
PM sent.

Offline drono

« Reply #1033 on: May 01, 2020, 05:06:23 AM »
I've been cataloging what I have, and this list has helped tremendously.  All the series start to look the same when you start putting a couple of years of stuff you've purchased off eBay into plastic sheets.  Thanks so much for the hard work.

I was kind of surprised that I didn't see any knockoff sets in the spreadsheet, or did I miss them?
Crazy Labels
Silly Supermarket
Cereal Killers
Package Parodies

I know there are more, and there would certainly be some discussion on what gets included.

Online mikecho

« Reply #1034 on: May 01, 2020, 06:39:17 AM »
I've been cataloging what I have, and this list has helped tremendously.  All the series start to look the same when you start putting a couple of years of stuff you've purchased off eBay into plastic sheets.  Thanks so much for the hard work.

I was kind of surprised that I didn't see any knockoff sets in the spreadsheet, or did I miss them?
Crazy Labels
Silly Supermarket
Cereal Killers
Package Parodies

I know there are more, and there would certainly be some discussion on what gets included.
That would have to go into the non-Topps section and you'd have to talk to Patrick about that.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1035 on: May 01, 2020, 06:53:09 AM »

Crazy Labels
Silly Supermarket
Cereal Killers
Package Parodies

Don't forget Pranky Products!! .

Also, Silly CDs.  That actually has an official binder.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:56:19 AM by RawGoo »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1036 on: May 01, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »
Don't forget Pranky Products!! .

Also, Silly CDs.  That actually has an official binder.
Hey, while we're at it, why not Crazy Magazine Covers and Crazy Cars?

Offline drono

« Reply #1037 on: May 01, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
Hey, while we're at it, why not Crazy Magazine Covers and Crazy Cars?

I was afraid this might open a can of worms on what should be included.  I was thinking that the determining factor would be how similar the set is to Wacky Packages, but some of the latest releases of Wacky Packages aren't even similar to Wacky Packages, at least in their original form.  Would it include Mad-Ad Foldees, Foney Ads, Ballyhoo, Wacky Whiskey Labels, Defective Comics, etc.  Should it include sets that are similar but not stickers like Zilly Zereal, Chug-A-Can, Crazy Video Candy, Crazy Spray Cans, Crazy Cans, Goofy Groceries, etc.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:37:41 PM by drono »

• Administrator
« Reply #1038 on: May 01, 2020, 12:56:13 PM »
yes, it's a fine line of what to include and what not to list.
Currently I tend towards limiting the extent of non-topps/non-Wacky items

Online mikecho

« Reply #1039 on: May 01, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
Patrick, I see you're working on the Spreadsheet again. Excellent!

If you're doing (or going to do) Reply #1027, please take a quick look at it, because I just put something in 2843 that I almost forgot.

Thanks!

Offline drono

« Reply #1040 on: May 02, 2020, 07:42:47 AM »
yes, it's a fine line of what to include and what not to list.
Currently I tend towards limiting the extent of non-topps/non-Wacky items

Agreed.  It's also a lot of work.

I didn't see the three Wonder Bread sets in the master list.  Did I miss them?

Online mikecho

« Reply #1041 on: May 02, 2020, 08:06:25 AM »
Agreed.  It's also a lot of work.

I didn't see the three Wonder Bread sets in the master list.  Did I miss them?
If you look at the OP, you'll see that the three Wonder Bread sets and the Shedd's set were skipped.

Offline drono

« Reply #1042 on: May 02, 2020, 08:17:50 AM »
If you look at the OP, you'll see that the three Wonder Bread sets and the Shedd's set were skipped.

What is the OP?

I see the Upchuck's Barf Stew Greeting Card listed in the non-Topps section because it was part of the 1999 Philly Non-Sports Card Show and Reunion that was signed by five artists.  That particular card was also sold in stores with another one named Stenchiladas.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1043 on: May 02, 2020, 08:51:35 AM »
Ah, I've never identified the other card, thanks! I thought the Barf's Stew was strictly a 1999 reunion card, tell me more about how these were sold in stores?

Also 'OP' refers to original post - and that was my decision not to include some of those smaller sets like Wonder Bread, mainly due to the fact that they were duplicates of existing cards.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:54:33 AM by Lavirus »

Offline drono

« Reply #1044 on: May 02, 2020, 09:02:12 AM »
I saw these two in BJ's Wholesale Club before the reunion.  They only had one of each, or I would have bought all of them.  They are both completely blank inside.

I missed the reunion, but I remember someone showing off the card, probably on the old forum, and I was surprised to see that it was one of the two I had purchased earlier.

The company name on the back of the card is Wedgies from Cincinnati, Ohio.  I don't have my reunion card handy, so I don't know if it's exactly the same as the Upchuck's I purchased in BJ's.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #1045 on: May 02, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »

I missed the reunion, but I remember someone showing off the card, probably on the old forum, and I was surprised to see that it was one of the two I had purchased earlier.

The company name on the back of the card is Wedgies from Cincinnati, Ohio.  I don't have my reunion card handy, so I don't know if it's exactly the same as the Upchuck's I purchased in BJ's.

I just picked one of the Upchuck's reunion cards. I know it was made by Gibson Greeting Card company, a Cincinnati-based greeting card company that was ultimately bought by American Greetings in 1999/2000.

I wasn't "in the hobby" in 1999, so I've only ever seen this card on the internet. Looking forward to finally having it in my collection!

And, I never knew Stenchiladas existed until someone posted a scan of it on this site. Interesting stuff to late-comer like me.
Brian Mc

Online mikecho

« Reply #1046 on: May 03, 2020, 10:44:17 AM »
Might as well start another page:

*Crest Tooth Paste with Floristan - Regular Flavor (103 & 461),
*Holloway Milk Duds Chocolaty Covered Caramels (462),
*Super Dry Sure Long Lasting Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant - Regular Scent (463),
*Replaced Honka Picky Stix (Wonka Pixy Stix; also see 2579) (861),
*Just for Men (1211),
*ANS10 & ANS11 (1510-1762; this is to have these last two ANS names match the other nine ANS (which are all close together with no spaces); 2014 S1 & 2015 S1 (1763-2013), however, stay the way they are),
*Star Trek: The Original Series/... (2126; this is for people who aren't into Star Trek and don't know what the acronym means),
* ...(Wonka Pixy Stix; also see 861) (2579),
*(while an image without the name... & ...the tattoo art for this version... (2597),
*McCormick Pure Gourmet Black Pepper (2652),
*...(as opposed to the 1970s products... (2667-2669),
*Originally intended for ANS4 with different design (2682; I just found this one on lostwackys.com in the Lost Wackys section if you want to check it out),
*..."Tricky Treat!"... & ..."Tricked Out!"... (2691; this is the way the names are written on the backs of the postcards),
*(Wacky Ads/2nd) (2700, 2711, 2721, 2728 & 2735)
*Cover Ghoul (2722),
*(Die-Cuts/1st) (2722, 2723, 2727 & 2734),
*(Die-Cuts/1982 Album/unused 1986 Album) (2730),
*(Die-Cuts) (2733),
*Milk Chocolate M&M's (2875),
*Peanut M&M's (2876),
*Keebler Club Crackers - Original (2897; this name should be on the promo postcard, not the bio card, so it'll be just like the other three promo postcards. Also, please move the sentence from the bio card's Note (2896) into the promo postcard's Note, as it'll fit in better there and because none of the other bio cards have Notes. Consistency here, my friend, consistency!),
*...hard-to-find Die-Cuts... (3366),
*...the Old School 5 tattoo subset (see 2589-2594). (4065),
*Name removed from artwork (4100 & 4120),
*...with simple die-cut shape... & ...Die-Cuts logo... (4237-4306),
*Nabisco Teddy Grahams - Honey,...(4351),
*Playskool Blunt Tip Scissors,... (4356),
*Topps Garbage Pail Kids: Late to School (2020 S1) (4382).

The Halloween Postcards M&M's real names should be written like this, in a similar manner to how Plain M&M's in OLDS 3 and Pretzel M&M's in the 2016 Holiday Postcards are written. However, I looked at my two Halloween Postcards and both of them are simply called "MuMmy's" on the backs. So, the Wacky names for these two can be kept the same (I can see now why you don't want to change them, because I think you're using the names on the card backs of the Postcards and the Halloween Postcards for the Spreadsheet, since there's no checklists for either of them) but the real names can, and should, be changed.

And btw, Patrick, how are you doing as of right now with the 3,000 lb. elephant in the room that is Reply #939, lol?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 05:43:08 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1047 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:58 PM »
Patrick,

Only four goofs on 2751, 2753, 2756 and 2682.

*It should be just Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Cereal.
*It should be just Nabisco Chips Ahoy!, like the other four Chips Ahoy! Wackys are.
*The Wonky's real name is Curtiss Baby Ruth.
*The OLDS 8 version of Tyranol was a box, not a bottle like the rough art was. I checked out a picture of the sticker on eBay and it was definitely a box.

And btw, I'm stopping all entries in Reply #1046. I figure that's enough...for now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:25:36 PM by mikecho »

Online mikecho

« Reply #1048 on: May 08, 2020, 04:30:30 PM »
Yep, another one:

*Nature Valley Granola - Regular (cereal) (465),
*Concentrated All Detergent with Bleach, Borax & Brighteners (466),
*Tootsie Roll Pop - Chocolate (576),
*LEGO (648, 845 & 1914),
*Replaced Honka Picky Stix (Wonka Pixy Stix) (861; please just put in the real name at the end of the Note and it's done),
*Just for Men (1211),
*Puss in Boots (1536),
*LEGO Friends (1957),
*Sweet n' Low (2139),
*(Wacky Ads/2nd) (2700, 2711, 2721, 2728 & 2735; you did everything that needed to be done on the Attacky Packages section except these),
*OLD SPACE DEODORANT (2744; also this one, I found it in the Attacky Packages section just now)
*.../Tootsie Roll Midgees (2835),
*mr. Ghoulbar (rough) (2843),
*Hairi-Boo Ghost-Bears/... & Haribo Gold-Bears/... (2867; the postcard is hyphenated here and I checked it out; the packaging at the time was hyphenated too. This one, and the two Tootsie Roll Midgees Wacky Halloween Postcards, are the last things that need to be done for the Postcards section)
*Tootsie Roll Midgees (2868),
*mr. Goodbye Candy (3398 & 3715),
*My Little Pony So Soft Ponies - Locket (3762),
*Name removed from artwork (4100 & 4120).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:11:40 PM by mikecho »

• Administrator
« Reply #1049 on: May 11, 2020, 05:05:06 PM »
Might as well start another page:

*Crest Tooth Paste with Floristan - Regular Flavor (103 & 461), 70s version does not appear to have 'regular' on it
*Super Dry Sure Long Lasting Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant - Regular Scent (463), not every single word on a label needs to be in the name
*ANS10 & ANS11 (1510-1762; this is to have these last two ANS names match the other nine ANS (which are all close together with no spaces); 2014 S1 & 2015 S1 (1763-2013), however, stay the way they are) ANS10 and ANS11 don't have an extra space in them, so I'm not sure what you are seeing
*Keebler Club Crackers - Original (2897; this name should be on the promo postcard, not the bio card, so it'll be just like the other three promo postcards. Also, please move the sentence from the bio card's Note (2896) into the promo postcard's Note, as it'll fit in better there and because none of the other bio cards have Notes. Consistency here, my friend, consistency!),the other consistency is to have the first chronological occurrence to have the explanation. leaving alone.
*Topps Garbage Pail Kids: Late to School (2020 S1) (4382).no idea what you are trying to correct here

The Halloween Postcards M&M's real names should be written like this, in a similar manner to how Plain M&M's in OLDS 3 and Pretzel M&M's in the 2016 Holiday Postcards are written. However, I looked at my two Halloween Postcards and both of them are simply called "MuMmy's" on the backs. So, the Wacky names for these two can be kept the same (I can see now why you don't want to change them, because I think you're using the names on the card backs of the Postcards and the Halloween Postcards for the Spreadsheet, since there's no checklists for either of them) but the real names can, and should, be changed. The other M&M's you point out are now fixed.
done with #1046
comments for a few of them, above in red