Author Topic: 2022 NYCC Wacky Packages  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
2022 NYCC Wacky Packages
« on: October 06, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »
2022 Topps Wacky Packages X David Brody of Z100

Topps has collaborated on a new Wacky Packages set written by esteemed comedy writer David Brody. Brody is a former Elvis Duran & The Morning Show executive producer and is currently part of the wild podcast The Brooklyn Boys. David has been a long time fan of Wacky Packages and his comedic genius, along with the talent of artist Neil Camera, has brought to life a brand new set for Wacky Packages fans to collect and enjoy.

Pack of 5 cards $9.99
Bundle of 10 packs $89.99
On sale for 7 days.
Slim pack shipped in red cardboard mailer
Th October 6, 2022. 1:00 PM ET

Base Set
Wrapper Card - Checklist Back
1. Couch Chocula - Coupon Back
2. 2 Up - Coupon Back
3. Mean Cuisine - Coupon Back
4. Ham Sung - Coupon Back

SKU: ARTWP-STIC-22WP-WPDSET
PRINT RUN QTY: 469

Mailer

Wrapper Card/Checklist Back

Base Cards

Coupon Backs

2022 NYCC Topps Wacky Packages Promo cards

Two promo cards were given away at the Topps Booth on Saturday Oct. 8, available signed by Neil Camera and David Brody.
MEH is a Neil Camera entry from the July 2022 Monthly set.
Couch Chocula is an entry from the Wacky Packages X David Brody of Z100 set, concept by David Brody and art by Neil Camera.
Cards have no number or copyright text on the front.

Neil Camera

David Brody

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 11:25:51 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline BattleCaps

Re: 2022 NYCC Wacky Packages
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 04:41:41 PM »
That's a surprise..  I'm in for a set.

Thanks for letting the forum know  :great:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 04:55:03 PM »
That's a surprise..  I'm in for a set.

Thanks for letting the forum know  :great:
Hat tip to Robert's post over in the comic con thread:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=6657.msg123258#msg123258

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 06:27:31 PM »
Any chance for us unable to attend, to get a hold of the signed cards?!?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 07:29:53 PM »
Thanks for the bio and the Very complimentary words. Much appreciated. I hope you like the set!  Here is the Hamsung one that you didn't have in the post

That's Mean Cuisine.

Offline David Brody

• Social Media
    • The Brooklyn Boys podcast
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 09:58:38 PM »
2022 Topps Wacky Packages X David Brody of Z100

Topps has collaborated on a new Wacky Packages set written by esteemed comedy writer David Brody. Brody is a former Elvis Duran & The Morning Show executive producer and is currently part of the wild podcast The Brooklyn Boys. David has been a long time fan of Wacky Packages and his comedic genius, along with the talent of artist Neil Camera, has brought to life a brand new set for Wacky Packages fans to collect and enjoy.

Pack of 5 cards $9.99
Bundle of 10 packs $89.99
On sale for 7 days.

Th October 6, 2022. 1:00 PM ET

Base Set
Wrapper - Checklist Back
1. Couch Chocula - Coupon Back
2. 2 Up - Coupon Back
3. Mean Cuisine - Coupon Back
4. Ham Sung - Coupon Back

SKU: ARTWP-STIC-22WP-WPDSET
PRINT RUN QTY:

Wrapper/Checklist

Base Cards

Coupon Backs

2022 NYCC Topps Wacky Packages Promo cards

Two promo cards were given away at the Topps Booth on Saturday Oct. 8, available signed by Neil Camera and David Brody.
MEH is a Neil Camera entry from the July 2022 Monthly set.
Couch Chocula is an entry from the Wacky Packages X David Brody of Z100 set, concept by David Brody and art by Neil Camera.
Cards have no number or copyright text on the front.

Neil Camera

David Brody

Thanks for the bio and the Very complimentary words. Much appreciated. I hope you like the set!  Here is the Hamsung one that you didn't have in the post

Instagram and Twitter  @DavidBrody

Podcast - The Brooklyn Boys  @TheBrooklynBoys
(Start from Episode Zero)

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 11:28:03 PM »
I'm disappointed at Topps for not promoting this set in their daily emails like they've been doing with all the recent GPK sets.  Not one mention of this set mentioned in the emails.  Patrick, thank you SO MUCH for posting this information; otherwise, I'd never have known.  Neil and David should maybe ask Topps what's up with that?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 12:29:03 PM »
I'm disappointed at Topps for not promoting this set in their daily emails like they've been doing with all the recent GPK sets.  Not one mention of this set mentioned in the emails.  Patrick, thank you SO MUCH for posting this information; otherwise, I'd never have known.  Neil and David should maybe ask Topps what's up with that?

They heard you, It is in this afternoon's email.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 12:31:12 PM »
Any way to get any of the 2 NYCC Wacky promo cards?

Also: I hope next year in 2023 Topps plans a mini set SDCC 2023 Edition Wacky Packages with some San Diego artist or personality during the 2023 San Diego Comic-Con.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 05:25:26 PM by dth1971 »

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2022, 12:37:11 PM »
I hope next year in 2023 Topps plans a mini set SDCC 2023 Edition Wacky Packages with some San Diego artist or personality during the 2023 San Diego Comic-Con.

Maybe Joe Musgrove?  There's gotta be five that can use ears in the title.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2022, 05:25:07 PM »
Maybe Joe Musgrove?  There's gotta be five that can use ears in the title.

Who is Joe Musgrove?

Offline David Brody

• Social Media
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2022, 09:12:30 PM »
Any way to get any of the 2 NYCC Wacky promo cards?

Also: I hope next year in 2023 Topps plans a mini set SDCC 2023 Edition Wacky Packages with some San Diego artist or personality during the 2023 San Diego Comic-Con.

There was only 1 Wacky Promo card. It was of one of my new set. It was a card of Couch Chocula. Full set of stickers here
https://www.topps.com/2022-topps-wacky-packages-x-david-brody-of-z100.html

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2022, 11:14:00 PM »
There was only 1 Wacky Promo card. It was of one of my new set. It was a card of Couch Chocula. Full set of stickers here
https://www.topps.com/2022-topps-wacky-packages-x-david-brody-of-z100.html

Who is the wacky pack audience these days?    I like 3 titles in this set but the "boogers" negate everything I like about it.   

Maybe boogers are aimed at little kids?   The classic 1970's wacky packages aimed at little kids never once used the word "boogers".

The price of wackys these past few decades sure as s#!% never considered little kids a target audience.   

I personally felt the final straw with "Call of Doody".    Never bought another retail wacky pack again.

Is it still a money making machine for Topps?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 01:34:30 AM »
Who is the wacky pack audience these days?    I like 3 titles in this set but the "boogers" negate everything I like about it.   

Maybe boogers are aimed at little kids?   The classic 1970's wacky packages aimed at little kids never once used the word "boogers".

The price of wackys these past few decades sure as s#!% never considered little kids a target audience.   

I personally felt the final straw with "Call of Doody".    Never bought another retail wacky pack again.

I agree 100%.  Can't stand any Wackies having to do with body secretions.  (Achoo and Sneez-It are about as far as I go.)
Marc

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2022, 11:35:03 AM »
Any chance for us unable to attend, to get a hold of the signed cards?!?

At the moment, I don't have any extras, but Topps occassionally sends some, so if that happens, I'll post about it here first.

Offline drono

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 05:47:33 PM »
Who is Joe Musgrove?

Padres vs. Mets game 3 - the spin rates on his pitches were slightly higher than usual, so the Mets accused him of applying a foreign substance to the ball. The umpires checked his ears and didn't find anything unusual.

Offline David Brody

• Social Media
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2022, 09:53:03 AM »
I agree 100%.  Can't stand any Wackies having to do with body secretions.  (Achoo and Sneez-It are about as far as I go.)

A booger is not a secretion. As for who the target audience is, people who find humor in cleverness. All comedy is subjective and not everything is for everyone.

Offline David Brody

• Social Media
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »

I'm glad you like three of them.As for who the target audience is, people who find humor in cleverness. All comedy is subjective and not everything is for everyone. A good writer will write in different styles to appeal to more people. Sometimes you push the envelope in different directions to see who you bring in and who finds it enjoyable. If you don't alter your content occasionally or vary it then you continue to get the exact same audience. I find Call of Doody to be hilarious and I'm the father of three. I would imagine when you used to buy albums you didn't like all 10 songs but I can't imagine if you didn't like one song that made you not like the entire album
Also if you're going to hold 2022 writers to 1975 standards then I would be writing cigarette spoofs and gun parodies.Boogers are better. They never killed anyone.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 03:53:07 PM by David Brody »

Offline quas

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »
All good points.
Marc

anything