Author Topic: Wacky art on ebay  (Read 4576 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Wacky art on ebay
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
Does anyone know why there is a glut of overpriced wacky art on ebay? Most are sketches but it seems really strange that there is so much and all, I think, are over priced. Just do a search for wacky packages art and you will see several. I believe are most from the same seller, who I think is a consigner and not the original owner. I wonder if a big collector died and this guy is trying to sell off the persons collection. Anyone know?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Wacky art on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
Does anyone know why there is a glut of overpriced wacky art on ebay? Most are sketches but it seems really strange that there is so much and all, I think, are over priced. Just do a search for wacky packages art and you will see several. I believe are most from the same seller, who I think is a consigner and not the original owner. I wonder if a big collector died and this guy is trying to sell off the persons collection. Anyone know?

I'm not sure about why he is selling but I believe vicejoy is Bill Kinnaird.  I'm not sure if he is here but he was on Greg's forum a little bit.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 05:50:15 PM »
I'm not sure about why he is selling but I believe vicejoy is Bill Kinnaird.  I'm not sure if he is here but he was on Greg's forum a little bit.
Bill is a good guy and an avid collector.  From time to time he decides to trim down his collection but he has some serious stuff in his collection ranging from uncut wacky ad sheet, to 5 cent wacky ad box, owner of cool misc items such as wacky glass, Shedds peanut butter tub.  He may have parted with some of these items already.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
There may be some confusion, yes, Bill has some rough art up, but so does "probstein123," who is a consignment guy.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
There may be some confusion, yes, Bill has some rough art up, but so does "probstein123," who is a consignment guy.

Yes it's mostly the probstein guy. Someone obviously unloaded a bunch of stuff on him. I am curious as to why? I also think most of it is over priced.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »
Yes it's mostly the probstein guy. Someone obviously unloaded a bunch of stuff on him. I am curious as to why? I also think most of it is over priced.

Yep that right..he's trying to sell stuff for 2-3x times what it sold for originally @ the Vault...I own some exact stuff as well..It's great to see what sells and the appetite in the market for this stuff..timing is bad though...

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
Yep that right..he's trying to sell stuff for 2-3x times what it sold for originally @ the Vault...I own some exact stuff as well..It's great to see what sells and the appetite in the market for this stuff..timing is bad though...

I actually visited him in his house last year regarding some non-Wacky items I was looking for, and he's a good guy, a nice guy. But I don't think at the prices he has listed, for either Wacky or non-Wacky non-sports items, that he will have many sales.  Just way too high!
Marc

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
I actually visited him in his house last year regarding some non-Wacky items I was looking for, and he's a good guy, a nice guy. But I don't think at the prices he has listed, for either Wacky or non-Wacky non-sports items, that he will have many sales.  Just way too high!

Really, all of his items are over-priced.  Who is Probstein123 anyway?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »
Really, all of his items are over-priced.  Who is Probstein123 anyway?

Dude! He's a 'nice guy' with Overpriced Wacky items on Ebay!!Who else!