Author Topic: Wacky Packages 2014 Series 1  (Read 78226 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Wacky Packages 2014 Series 1
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »
I noticed Topps is selling Blank Back 1/1 versions of all base titles in this set. I scored the Magenta Printing Plate for Skitzles in one of my Two Collector boxes; so I decided to go after the Blank Back Skitzles card and got it for under $20. It took me one trip to Target to find the Silver and Vari Border Skitzles cards by the fingering method.  I was able to purchase the Red and Gold Border cards off Ebay and Gary sold me the Auto, Black Ludlow and Pencil Sketch versions. Once I find a Red Ludlow I will have a nice display of most of the Skitzles cards made. Knowing how a much a Superfractor would cost me in the Chrome series; this was a relatively inexpensive way to put together a nice array of different card types made for a release. I will post a pic one day when I locate a Red Lud.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2014, 07:49:18 AM »
I noticed Topps is selling Blank Back 1/1 versions of all base titles in this set. I scored the Magenta Printing Plate for Skitzles in one of my Two Collector boxes; so I decided to go after the Blank Back Skitzles card and got it for under $20. It took me one trip to Target to find the Silver and Vari Border Skitzles cards by the fingering method.  I was able to purchase the Red and Gold Border cards off Ebay and Gary sold me the Auto, Black Ludlow and Pencil Sketch versions. Once I find a Red Ludlow I will have a nice display of most of the Skitzles cards made. Knowing how a much a Superfractor would cost me in the Chrome series; this was a relatively inexpensive way to put together a nice array of different card types made for a release. I will post a pic one day when I locate a Red Lud.

Andrew

Nice Andrew. I did this for the last ANS release with the SNO-CRAPS title by Joe G.  I have almost the same thing going for this release with #39 FRUIT TROLL-UPS, another one of Joe G.'s cool works. I guess I am a sucker for his burly beast characters.  I don't have a printing plate, but do most of the other variations for this one title including the blank back card from Topps Vault. Plus an artist return of FRUIT TROLL-UPS in the works by Vincenzo D'Ippolito (Chenduz) so it should be the first ever sketch card of this title.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:48:13 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
Nice Andrew. I did this for the last ANS release with the SNO-CRAPS title by Joe G.  I have almost the same thing going for this release with #39 FRUIT TROLL-UPS, another one of Joe G.'s cool works. I guess I am a sucker for his hairy beast characters.  I don't have a printing plate, but do most of the other variations for this one title including the blank back card from Topps Vault. Plus an artist return of FRUIT TROLL-UPS in the works by Vincenzo D'Ippolito (Chenduz) so it should be the first ever sketch card of this title.

Sounds like a logical idea to go after a sketch too. I will keep my eyes out for one for Skitzles and hope you come across a plate for Troll Ups at a good price.

Andrew

Online dth1971

« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
I still want a word from the missing 2014 B3 and B4 bonus stickers!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2014, 01:32:09 PM »
Sounds like a logical idea to go after a sketch too. I will keep my eyes out for one for Skitzles and hope you come across a plate for Troll Ups at a good price.

Andrew

Andrew, can't say for sure but I suspect an Artist's Return might be the only way to get a sketch of a title from the same series.  It's unusual for artists to do sketches of the most current characters.  Part of the reason for this is that sketches and gags are done simultaneously so you don't really know which gags will be in the set when sketches are being done.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
Andrew, can't say for sure but I suspect an Artist's Return might be the only way to get a sketch of a title from the same series.  It's unusual for artists to do sketches of the most current characters.  Part of the reason for this is that sketches and gags are done simultaneously so you don't really know which gags will be in the set when sketches are being done.

Joe,

Thanks for the insight. I will wait for the next few releases and hope one turn up in the future.

Andrew

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
Selling these returns. Any reasonable offer accepted.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:10 PM »
A couple observations:

There hasn't been a lot of patch auctions. They seem to be tougher than expected. I also noticed the medallions are slowing down a bit. I, personally, like the patches more and have assembled a set. The medallions are cool but too tiny to really see like ANS 11 patches. so with 2014 they made the patches full size. I see ANS13 medallions will be full size belt buckles :]

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »
A couple observations:

There hasn't been a lot of patch auctions. They seem to be tougher than expected. I also noticed the medallions are slowing down a bit. I, personally, like the patches more and have assembled a set. The medallions are cool but too tiny to really see like ANS 11 patches. so with 2014 they made the patches full size. I see ANS13 medallions will be full size belt buckles :]
I agree with you on the patches. When I opened up my cases I got a total of 8 patches and 16 medallions.  The pack odds says it should be reversed.  Brad did you calculate total amount of cases yet?  It seems to me that distribution went to collectors and not to card sellers. There are really no auctions for the new series, crept for the people who still think that gold cards are worth 50.00.  I can still find those.  But I am still looking for a lost wacky #3,and I just can't find them. Also needed a few more black ludlows and after the first week there haven't been any auctions

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »
I agree with you on the patches. When I opened up my cases I got a total of 8 patches and 16 medallions.  The pack odds says it should be reversed.  Brad did you calculate total amount of cases yet?  It seems to me that distribution went to collectors and not to card sellers. There are really no auctions for the new series, crept for the people who still think that gold cards are worth 50.00.  I can still find those.  But I am still looking for a lost wacky #3,and I just can't find them. Also needed a few more black ludlows and after the first week there haven't been any auctions

I'm coming up with roughly 350 cases based on the artist auto ratio. Also, I just got a message back from Cardgary and he has opened  many cases. He is yet to pull a lost red ludlow or any card character or back variations. I know he has opened quite a few cases based on the number of quad sketches he has auctioned. This is all so strange.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:25:14 AM by BumChex »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2014, 08:47:26 AM »

First - Thx for the Card and sketch card very nice!!

I might have the black luds your looking for sale - LMK
Seems like the lost wacky's are harder to come by...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »
I'm coming up with roughly 350 cases based on the artist auto ratio. Also, I just got a message back from Cardgary and he has opened  many cases. He is yet to pull a lost red ludlow or any card character or back variations. I know he has opened quite a few cases based on the number of quad sketches he has auctioned. This is all so strange.
yeah, that's about the number I computed. it differed depending on whether looking at the odds for artist auto, base card printing plate, lost wacky red lud, or hobby bonus printing plate
but around 320-335 cases.
I'll be adding how many of all the items should theoretically exist to the Master List later this week (after the EFT-1 launch, baby!!)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
When I opened up my cases I got a total of 8 patches and 16 medallions. 
from the numbers I've crunched from the pack odds, there should be about a 4:3 ratio of medallions to patches - if counting the rare medallions in with the regular medallions. You had 2:1 and I had 3:1. Not sure how others have fared. But it does make me suspicious of all the odds numbers, especially since those wacky backs are clearly not 1:43 packs.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »
from the numbers I've crunched from the pack odds, there should be about a 4:3 ratio of medallions to patches - if counting the rare medallions in with the regular medallions. You had 2:1 and I had 3:1. Not sure how others have fared. But it does make me suspicious of all the odds numbers, especially since those wacky backs are clearly not 1:43 packs.

I got 8 medallions and 6 patches, but one pack had two patches in it.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »
I got 15 medallions and 8 patches (I also had to patches in one pack) 

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »
I got a rock.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2014, 05:00:24 AM »
I got a rock.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
Well placed humor Charlie Brown😎

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

Now you have to wonder if there are a couple super loaded cases? Kind of like the Flashback series were every pack had a gold border. It's a new Wacky mystery.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
Now you have to wonder if there are a couple super loaded cases? Kind of like the Flashback series were every pack had a gold border. It's a new Wacky mystery.

The plot thickens. Leave it to Topps to intrigue us.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
The plot thickens. Leave it to Topps to intrigue us.

Does anyone even sell the collector cases anymore?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
Does anyone even sell the collector cases anymore?

I guess they decided to make one copy of the character back card and Alex got it.  He can call that one his "Mortgage card"

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »
I was looking and I haven"t found any out there.  If you do see someone selling them and you don't want to buy them let me know.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2014, 09:17:04 PM »
I guess they decided to make one copy of the character back card and Alex got it.  He can call that one his "Mortgage card"

I wish!!! Bahahaha
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »
Still looking to find an Auto Puzzle Back and Red Lud for Skitzles. Very few Hard To Find cards are being listed lately which spells very few cases being cracked by dealers. This release is pretty much done in terms of sales. I was able to find both back variations for the Gold Border Skitzles. I got one for $15 and paid the $25 the other dealer was asking for.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2014, 05:22:57 AM »
Still looking to find an Auto Puzzle Back and Red Lud for Skitzles. Very few Hard To Find cards are being listed lately which spells very few cases being cracked by dealers. This release is pretty much done in terms of sales. I was able to find both back variations for the Gold Border Skitzles. I got one for $15 and paid the $25 the other dealer was asking for.
I agree the dealers did not buy as much. I am wondering if that is good or bad? 

Online quas

« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2014, 08:36:42 AM »
I agree the dealers did not buy as much. I am wondering if that is good or bad?

It may result in Topps having to have more discounts...
Marc

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:36 AM »

Can you even buy collector cases anymore?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »
Can you even buy collector cases anymore?

Have you seen them sold out on line?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »
Have you seen them sold out on line?

I looked at blowout cards and DA cards. Neither have stock.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
I looked at blowout cards and DA cards. Neither have stock.

I just checked. Blowout none. D & A has Single boxes of Collector Edition. No Cases.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »
I just checked. Blowout none. D & A has Single boxes of Collector Edition. No Cases.

I know someone that has some his name issssssss.................................wait for it......................................................
THE HUSTLER!!!! >( >( >( >( >(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:00:41 AM by Hustler08 »

Offline drono

« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »
My wife surprised me with a gravity feed box and 45 packs a couple of weeks ago.  Tonight I decided to see how few packs I could open to put together the 130 card base set.  I did it with just 28 packs, which is 8 more than the absolute minimum since you only get 1 of the chase set cards in each pack.  I opened a few in frustration because I could see the sticker number I needed but I simply gave up trying to make out the back.  So for $70, I got what I could've purchased on eBay for about $25.  Chalk the extra $45 bucks up to the fun of opening the packs rather than just buying a complete set.

Since you can see the first sticker in each pack and by manipulating the cards, you can make out enough of the back to figure out if it's an A or B, that brought up an interesting thought.  Has anyone put together a complete A and B set just from unopened pack fronts?  It would be expensive, but it would be a cool addition to your collection.  Then if you're really anal retentive, you could get the packs graded and perhaps have a PSA 10 complete set of unopened packs.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:48:05 PM by drono »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
Just picked up a puzzle 4 panel sketch series by John Monserrat on eBay this evening. This one has 4 of my fave Wackies (Space-Out, Moose Attacks, Alive, and Martian Hats) and at a pretty decent price. Here's a quick attempt to show it as intended from the auction photo. Click on the pic to expand out to see the entire picture.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:30:08 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
Just picked up a puzzle 4 panel sketch series by John Monserrat on eBay this evening. This one has 4 of my fave Wackies (Space-Out, Moose Attacks, Alive, and Martian Hats) and at a pretty decent price. Here's a quick attempt to show it as intended from the auction photo. Click on the pic to expand out to see the entire picture.

Great score! I wanted that one too but between CA property tax and the holidays I'm squeezing those nickels!
A