Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics Master List  (Read 6928 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Wacky Packages Comics Master List
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »
Wacky Packages Comics No. 1 (First sale date October 22, 2011):
- 650 limited edition books, numbered on Page 2 and signed by Jay Lynch on the inside rear cover (Page 17)
- The 50 b/w sketches created by Jay Lynch for the 2011 Halloween Postcard set are presented in this postcard-sized comic book as a continuous story.  The front cover of the book states "as chronicled by Jay Lynch for Wacky Packages Postcards." 
- The rear cover of the book is a "souvenir postcard," numbered WC1, with a Wacky Packages Comics Postcard logo and a signature box on the inside.  Rear cover art, which would be the souvenir postcard front, is a color concept illustration of Hairy Mane by Jay Lynch.
- Issue price $10.00

Wacky Packages Comics No. 2 "The Wacky Wizard of Odds" (First online sale date October 18, 2012, although books were available at New York Comic Con on 10/12/12):
- 300 limited edition books, 12 full size pages, hand numbered and signed by Joe Simko on the inside front cover
- The 70 sketches created by Joe Simko for the 2012 Halloween Postcard set are presented in this full-sized comic book as a continuous story.  The front cover of the book states "as chronicled by Joe Simko for Wacky Packages Postcards." 
- Issue price $11.95

Wacky Packages Comics No. 3 "Holiday Crunch on the Island of Dr. Ono" (First online sale date __________12/14/2012??):
- 300 limited edition books, 12 full size pages, hand numbered and signed by Neil Camera on the inside front cover
- The sketches created by Neil Camera for the this book are presented in this full-sized comic book as a continuous story.  The sketches were subsequently released by Topps in Fun Paks.
- Issue price $11.95

Wacky Packages Comics No. 4 "Groundhog Daze" (First online sale date 1/30/2013):
- 300 limited edition books, 12 full size pages, hand numbered and signed by Brent Engstrom on the inside front cover
- The sketches created by Brent Engstrom for the this book are presented in this full-sized comic book as a continuous story.  The sketches were subsequently released by Topps in Fun Paks.
- Issue Price $13.95

Wacky Packages Comics No. 5 (First online sale date 4/1/2013):
- 24 full size pages
- Multiple stories, with art by Jason Brower, Neil Camera, Brent Engstrom, Matthew Kirscht, Mark Parisi, Joe Simko, Smokin' Joe, Colin Walton, and Fred Wheaton
- The sketches created for the this book are presented in this full-sized comic book as several different stories.  The sketches do not seem to have been yet released by Topps as of 11/2/14.
- Each sealed comic included 1 of 3 different Wonky Packages cards (WP1, WP2, and WP3); a purchase of three comics included a special 4th Wonky Packages card WP4.
- Issue Price $16.95

Wacky Packages Comics No. 6 Halloween 2013 Edition (First online sale date __________10/24/2013?):
- 24 full size pages
- Multiple stories, with art by Neil Camera, Brent Engstrom, Matthew Kirscht, Mark Parisi, Joe Simko, Smokin' Joe, and Jeff Zapata
- The sketches created for the this book are presented in this full-sized comic book as several different stories.  The sketches do not seem to have been yet released by Topps as of 11/2/14.
- Issue price $11.99

Note - The last page of the comic listed an upcoming lineup for 2014, Issues #8 to #11, with names and release dates, but none of those books were released.  No mention was made regarding what Issue #7 might have been.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:10:26 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Monsterettes

Re: Wacky Packages Comics
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Thanks so much Pat.  I was thinking about the comics after Pupsi's request -- you answered my question and then I thought, I should check the Master Lists.  And voila!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »
Thanks so much Pat.  I was thinking about the comics after Pupsi's request -- you answered my question and then I thought, I should check the Master Lists.  And voila!

Your question prompted me to finally create this list.  Still a work in progress, but I think I have the basics right.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:43:37 PM by RawGoo »

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »
Your question prompted me to finally create this list.  Still a work in progress, but I think I have the basics right.
great job!

I was thinking the same as well - 'damn, there oughta be a list'

weren't issues 4,5,6 all 2013 though?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
great job!

I was thinking the same as well - 'damn, there oughta be a list'

weren't issues 4,5,6 all 2013 though?

Yep, 4, 5 & 6 were 2013, and I've corrected those errors.  Thanks!

Still hard to believe we've gone so long without postcards or comics.......
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:53:27 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
Pat, I agree, I'm a big fan of the comics and a year hiatus is much too long.  Hopefully next year we'll be seeing Summer and Holiday Comics. That and more Wonky Packages! 

Offline mikecho

Re: Wacky Packages Comics Master List
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 06:06:34 PM »
Well, we got the April Fools' Postcards and we've been getting the Wonkys.

The way I see it, two out of three isn't bad.

anything