Author Topic: Cease and Desist From Philip Morris  (Read 2759 times)

Offline jeffcaff

Cease and Desist From Philip Morris
« on: October 29, 2014, 02:46:24 AM »
Good Morning:

I received this message from Ebay last night:

"The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Philip Morris USA, Inc. & Altria Group, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact Philip Morris USA, Inc. & Altria Group directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to:  michael.sandifer@aporter.com"

Apparently, the cease and desist orders are coming back.

-Jeff

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Cease and Desist From Philip Morris
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:47 AM »
 >( >( >( >( >(

Offline quas

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
Good Morning:

I received this message from Ebay last night:

"The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Philip Morris USA, Inc. & Altria Group, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact Philip Morris USA, Inc. & Altria Group directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to:  michael.sandifer@aporter.com"

Apparently, the cease and desist orders are coming back.

-Jeff

Jeff, what item(s) was this in reference to?  I'm wondering if others listing or selling the same or similar items (including Topps?) would have received or will be receiving similar messages from ebay...

This could lead to using shorter auctions (like 1 day or 3 days) to give less time for detection and removal by ebay.

I just realized that you may have posted an image already, but from my work laptop I'm prevented from viewing it...so apologies for asking for a description when the picture is likely already there...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:16:56 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »
Jeff, what item(s) was this in reference to?  I'm wondering if others listing or selling the same or similar items (including Topps?) would have received or will be receiving similar messages from ebay...

This could lead to using shorter auctions (like 1 day or 3 days) to give less time for detection and removal by ebay.

I just realized that you may have posted an image already, but from my work laptop I'm prevented from viewing it...so apologies for asking for a description when the picture is likely already there...

MARLBOARO was the title shown.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:23 AM »
MARLBOARO was the title shown.

Thanks Scot.  So it's Package Parodies and therefore Topps isn't the target here.  But there are plenty of mocked cigarettes in Wacky Chrome and of course in Wacky Original Series 1-16, so I wonder how far this is going to go.
Marc

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:15:36 AM »
Feels like the good old days!  I wonder what was the last time Topps received one?  It would kind of be fun to have some new Wackys become rare from being pulled from production.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
They shoulda said that the cigarettes were "Boaring" rather than "Filthy"    Although "filthy" might be a play on the word "filtered", the term "filthy" might be construed as disparaging the real product.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 11:10:04 AM »
Well...... Maybe you could just create a parody called Cancer Sticks or Cancer Stix?? LMBO

P.S.  If you do this I would like a actual painting signed by you! :p