Author Topic: Reference Threads?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
Reference Threads?
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
I haven't been around the forums regularly, but while browsing some threads to catch up on things, a thought crossed my mind.

It seems that there aren't a lot of reference sites out there for Wackies these days. I noticed Greg's site is now accessed via wackypacks.com but it looks like he hasn't updated it for some time. And there are quite a few Wacky items that have been released in the past few years.

Is there a way we might be able to do a section on the forum for reference/information regarding the various Wacky series? Mostly for background information about each series, who painted what titles, actual products being parodied, and other interesting information. And I'm thinking about going beyond the master lists that tell people what all there is to collect. It could include some basic stuff about the original series, the more recent series, etc.

Or I suppose we could always create a Wikia specifically for Wackies, but while I've had experience editing a Wikia, I'm not sure how to start one from scratch.

Any thoughts about putting together such threads here? Or is anyone familiar with how to launch a Wikia?

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: Reference Threads?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »
 I think it is a good idea but have no idea on the wikia.