Author Topic: Happy Halloween! - LIMITED TIME TOPPS PROMO!!!  (Read 13673 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Happy Halloween! - LIMITED TIME TOPPS PROMO!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 04:38:03 AM »
Is it possible that the 'crumbs' are actually little pieces from the wood backers?  That's all I've seen with mine.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »
I just got mine today and as others have mentioned these are really well done and very nice. I was super surprised as I really didn't know what to expect. I love the postcard wacky's so these are a real treat. I hope they do more of these.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:43 AM »
I just got mine today and as others have mentioned these are really well done and very nice. I was super surprised as I really didn't know what to expect. I love the postcard wacky's so these are a real treat. I hope they do more of these.

Went to order a set of them.....and it looks they are gone.  Just like the Halloween Posters last year.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 04:32:22 AM »

Went to order a set of them.....and it looks they are gone.  Just like the Halloween Posters last year.

The plaques were advertised as limited editions and that they would only be available from 10/27 to 11/3/2014.  I checked early on Tuesday morning, 11/4, and they were still there, but I think they were removed that day.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:41 AM »
The plaques were advertised as limited editions and that they would only be available from 10/27 to 11/3/2014.  I checked early on Tuesday morning, 11/4, and they were still there, but I think they were removed that day.

I have extra plaques for anyone interested...just PM me

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »
I have extra plaques for anyone interested...just PM me

Me too.  I figured the week sale window was so short that some forum members were bound to miss out.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
Me too.  I figured the week sale window was so short that some forum members were bound to miss out.

My thoughts exactly...they can even team up and buy one two etc....LMK

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
My thoughts exactly...they can even team up and buy one two etc....LMK

Do you mean a whole set of 7 or just individual?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »

I'm a bit surprised that people didn't buy to resell on ebay?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »
I'm a bit surprised that people didn't buy to resell on ebay?

The last time I checked Tuesday morning, I was able to put 167 complete sets in my cart!  I guess they were just too expensive for the speculators.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 01:18:48 PM »
I wonder what Topps will do with the rest?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
The last time I checked Tuesday morning, I was able to put 167 complete sets in my cart!  I guess they were just too expensive for the speculators.
Wow. Sounds like an overall flop. Maybe Topps needs to learn their lesson on this one and start asking what we'd like vs. what they'd like to sell us. Marketing FAIL.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
Wow. Sounds like an overall flop. Maybe Topps needs to learn their lesson on this one and start asking what we'd like vs. what they'd like to sell us. Marketing FAIL.

It sounds like a total flop but these are really nice. I know price was an issue for most but if you saw them in person you may understand.  it looks like only 30 sets were circulated which now makes thes extremely rare. I wonder what Topps will do with the leftovers? I wonder how many knew about these other than forum members? maybe they will offer them up again next Halloween? Who knows? As it sits now the people that did buy have a super limited set.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 08:03:08 AM »
I have three full sets plus an EXTRA Orc that is on eBay.

Hoping due to the limited run/sale and qty. I may ACTUALLY make a $1

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2014, 03:55:13 PM »
Topps doesn't care and they don't take complaints seriously either. If they did they wouldn't keep raising prices and charging outrageous fees for shipping. I bought a complete master set of olds 5 with FREE shipping on ebay for less than Topps wanted for 2 boxes plus overpriced shipping costs. ebay is the way to go for deals on Wackys, not Topps.

In the past I complained to Topps about their high shipping costs and they sent me a 20% off coupon, which I used to make my purchase.
This time around, when I asked why they no longer offer free shipping on a $100 purchase, they simply replied, "We no longer offer free shipping." No appologies and no coupons offered. They don't care anymore, so I don't care to make purchases through them anymore either.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:57:52 PM by g.u.e.s.t. »

Offline quas

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
Topps doesn't care and they don't take complaints seriously either. If they did they wouldn't keep raising prices and charging outrageous fees for shipping. I bought a complete master set of olds 5 with FREE shipping on ebay for less than Topps wanted for 2 boxes plus overpriced shipping costs. ebay is the way to go for deals on Wackys, not Topps.

In the past I complained to Topps about their high shipping costs and they sent me a 20% off coupon, which I used to make my purchase.
This time around, when I asked why they no longer offer free shipping on a $100 purchase, they simply replied, "We no longer offer free shipping." No appologies and no coupons offered. They don't care anymore, so I don't care to make purchases through them anymore either.

Topps will have one heck of an unsold inventory of OLDS5.
Marc

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2014, 08:34:36 PM »

I suspect you may be right about that.  At least they will unless they offer a pretty good sale.  I think the series was terrific, but I wasn't wild about the two sketches I got nor all the back variations.  I pretty much got all I needed from the two boxes I bought.  I still think it's a great series of Wackys and well worth the money, but I just don't need more than a couple boxes at the price (and with all the duplicates with just back variances which to me are pretty much duplicates) Topps is charging.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 03:42:36 PM »
I suspect you may be right about that.  At least they will unless they offer a pretty good sale.  I think the series was terrific, but I wasn't wild about the two sketches I got nor all the back variations.  I pretty much got all I needed from the two boxes I bought.  I still think it's a great series of Wackys and well worth the money, but I just don't need more than a couple boxes at the price (and with all the duplicates with just back variances which to me are pretty much duplicates) Topps is charging.

I agree. I like the set overall, but there are too many back variations. I can't help but feeling it's overkill and a moneygrab.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2014, 03:40:49 AM »
I have three complete sets - I am either a financial fool or have RARE Wackys!

So I will trade a complete new mint set for...... a Die Cut Ratz? LMBO  :]

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2014, 06:09:47 AM »

i smell XMAS sale!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »
I have three complete sets - I am either a financial fool or have RARE Wackys!

So I will trade a complete new mint set for...... a Die Cut Ratz? LMBO  :]

HaHa. At this time you have rare wackys. No one bought them so the ones that did might all be financial fools. Just like wacky posters.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
Thanks to vahsurfer for selling me a Bonus Ork Halloween Plaque for $29.99 shipped. I never got one of these when they were available and was happy to be able to get the Ork one for a nice price. Not sure how/ if I will display it but happy to have it coming.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2015, 05:07:35 PM »
My pleasure!

Enjoy it!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2015, 03:38:09 AM »
I received my Ork Plaque yesterday and must say its very nice!  There is a ton of gloss over the metal so the plaque reallly pops and has the look of a high quality window sign. If you don't own at least one example from this releaase I would advise you to spring for one to have an example of what can be done with a Wacky.  The Ork one is the only one in portrait orientation which allows for the best presentation of the gloss/ sign effect in my opinion. I doubt the horizontal presentation plaques will "Pop" as much.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2015, 07:55:25 AM »
I received my Ork Plaque yesterday and must say its very nice!  There is a ton of gloss over the metal so the plaque reallly pops and has the look of a high quality window sign. If you don't own at least one example from this releaase I would advise you to spring for one to have an example of what can be done with a Wacky.  The Ork one is the only one in portrait orientation which allows for the best presentation of the gloss/ sign effect in my opinion. I doubt the horizontal presentation plaques will "Pop" as much.

Andrew

I have one of the new plaques (WATCHAMAKILLIT) and one of the original 1970's plaques (NEVEREADY) hanging side-by-side on a wall. The new ones definitely out-shine (or out gloss)
the old. I wish these hadn't been so pricey because they are pretty nice.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything