Author Topic: 16th series  (Read 3670 times)

Offline cddx

16th series
« on: October 11, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
Anyone have a complete 16th series they may want to get rid of in the future. Just wondering as xmas is coming up.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: 16th series
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
Anyone have a complete 16th series they may want to get rid of in the future. Just wondering as xmas is coming up.
What are you looking to spend?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
Had a discussion with someone the other day about how certain titles sell for much more than others such as copperbone, Tipsy roll and old grandmas.  The reason was always obvious to me.  Before I spout my theory what theories do people have on this?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »
Had a discussion with someone the other day about how certain titles sell for much more than others such as copperbone, Tipsy roll and old grandmas.  The reason was always obvious to me.  Before I spout my theory what theories do people have on this?

If we're talking high PSA graded, it's because those are all tough titles. If it includes OC cards selling for more I don't know.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
I think any of the titles not in the 3rd and 4th rerun sets would likely sell for more, as folks can fill in much of a 16 set with swill, but always have those open slots
(except copperbone was reprinted, so I'm not sure about that)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »
That could be a factor. The following titles are all significantly tougher to find centered:

Ram a Liar
Krummies
Sucker Twin
Floral
Clubbed Canadian
Old Grandmom
Copperbone
Tipsy Roll
Sufferin
Cracked
Fool Guard

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
Had a discussion with someone the other day about how certain titles sell for much more than others such as copperbone, Tipsy roll and old grandmas. 

The reason was always obvious to me.  Before I spout my theory what theories do people have on this?

Maybe people are more attracted to the classic style Wacky characters and that makes them more desirable than some other titles?

Copperbone, Tipsy Roll, Old Grand-Mom Whiskey, Sucker Twin, Arise, and Floral are highly developed dramatic characters. Most are Saunders-style. 

Krummies, Fling 'Ems, Gillo Port, Cracked, Regal Clown, and Dr. Nest's have flatter characters with less exuberant, animated, exaggerated expressions.   

(To play devils advocate, if people are buying 16th series, they are pretty serious collectors and likely complete-ists, so this wouldn't hold water)

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:05:39 AM »
Probably no single reason, but a combination of different reasons, including the ones already mentioned.

I would also guess that certain titles hold more appeal to others both in terms of stronger humor and artwork that is more dynamic and attention-grabbing.  Some titles just jump out at you. 

Another reason could be popularity, not necessarily with the sticker, but with the actual product itself.  "Gums" and "Bloodweiser" also fetch higher prices than other titles in the 15th series.  I would say that "Jaws" and "Budweiser" stand out more in the consumer collective consciousness than "Ultra Sheen."

Going out on a limb, but perhaps titles that were more "forbidden" at the time might also hold a stronger appeal today.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:12:04 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
I think any of the titles not in the 3rd and 4th rerun sets would likely sell for more, as folks can fill in much of a 16 set with swill, but always have those open slots
(except copperbone was reprinted, so I'm not sure about that)
You and I are completely aligned.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/