Author Topic: Wacky Packs On Nickelodeon  (Read 17567 times)

Offline Kook-Aid

Wacky Packs On Nickelodeon
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
Has anyone seen the show on nickelodeon called "Victorious"??There is a scene where a kid has Wacky Packs stuck to their locker!!Looks like the Flashbacks!!Im wondering if they got them from LTL Prints since they look big???

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Wacky Packs On Nickelodeon
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:02:04 AM »
I bet they got them from LTL.  I did catch part of the pilot episode last week while my son and I were eating dinner.  Cool to see them prominently on the set of a show.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Kook-Aid

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 05:31:24 AM »
What strikes me as odd is if you look at the locker vents where "ajerx",part of chef "girl-ar-dee" and "peter pain" are stuck onto.How did they get the print to conform to that shape??Looks like maybe theyre painted on????LOL
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:54:23 AM by Kook-Aid »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 05:48:51 AM »
Has anyone seen the show on nickelodeon called "Victorious"??There is a scene where a kid has Wacky Packs stuck to their locker!!Looks like the Flashbacks!!Im wondering if they got them from LTL Prints since they look big???

Fanatical_and_Sickly had asked this about 2 weeks ago in the LTL thread, but I don't think Kendall answered (on this forum, at least).  They certainly look like LTL prints, but with some colored borders, and trimmed very carefully to go over the locker vents.

I'm still hoping that LTL will get more Wacky images ("assets") to offer us.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:50:35 AM »
I think it's cool that they used all Original Series titles.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
Fanatical_and_Sickly had asked this about 2 weeks ago in the LTL thread, but I don't think Kendall answered (on this forum, at least).  They certainly look like LTL prints, but with some colored borders, and trimmed very carefully to go over the locker vents.

They just got a ton more. I don't know if they're up yet.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »

I wish I still worked at Viacom as a consultant as I could have found the answer to something like this in a heartbeat.  Nickelodeon was just being rolled out when I was there.  I remember they gave away green and orange slime during the roll out, I don't recall what the slime represented as part of the role out.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

never saw an answer for that question. But maybe Kendall will come back on to promote more wackys if they got a ton more like Plan9 says.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
I wish I still worked at Viacom as a consultant as I could have found the answer to something like this in a heartbeat.  Nickelodeon was just being rolled out when I was there.  I remember they gave away green and orange slime during the roll out, I don't recall what the slime represented as part of the role out.

Didn't there used to be a game show on Nick where the contestants would get drenched with slime at the end?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
Didn't there used to be a game show on Nick where the contestants would get drenched with slime at the end?
I vaguely remember that also, I belive they called it being "slimed" :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
I vaguely remember that also, I belive they called it being "slimed" :o

I think it was the losers that ended up getting slimed.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
The Nickelodeon logo itself is a splat of slime.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
The Nickelodeon logo itself is a splat of slime.

Slime and getting slimed is also a big part of their awards shows where they give out Nick blimps to the winners.  Katy Perry got hammered with slime from opening a box.  I think someone messed up on the amps they used for that blast.  It almost took her head off. 
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 02:46:22 PM »
Slime and getting slimed is also a big part of their awards shows where they give out Nick blimps to the winners.  Katy Perry got hammered with slime from opening a box.  I think someone messed up on the amps they used for that blast.  It almost took her head off. 
This all makes sense with my recollection of the network rollout when I was at Viacom.  I don't watch Nickeldeon all that much.  I have a ton of old Viacom stuff such as Bubba Gump Shrimp Hat that was made available to us before the movie was released to the public, all sorts of Beavis and Butthead hats, 120 Hats, Ren and Stimpy, Rock and Jock Softeball hats.  Not sure what the hell I was thinking when I got it all, seemed neat at the time, now an entire closet rod has been used to hang these hats.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 05:13:31 AM »
This all makes sense with my recollection of the network rollout when I was at Viacom.  I don't watch Nickeldeon all that much.  I have a ton of old Viacom stuff such as Bubba Gump Shrimp Hat that was made available to us before the movie was released to the public, all sorts of Beavis and Butthead hats, 120 Hats, Ren and Stimpy, Rock and Jock Softeball hats.  Not sure what the hell I was thinking when I got it all, seemed neat at the time, now an entire closet rod has been used to hang these hats.
Did you get any Spongebob items?  I remember watching Spongebob before it was so popular.  Back then, you could do a general search on ebay, and come up with less than two dozen items!  Now there are probably that many categories.  I never did get one of the special employee promo 'snowglobes', which was one of the only items on ebay back then.  I do have the Kool Aid mail-away plush slammer, though.  I think that was the first plush Spongebob, maybe even the first kid's toy.  It's sitting on my end table - looks great, but doesn't talk anymore, as I just now discovered.......

Hey, the reason I dug up this thread - I just saw a Nickelodeon commercial for a new ICarly 'movie' where it looks like one of the kids is wearing a Wacky shirt.  It went by pretty fast, but I got the impression it was a can.  Hawaiian Punch, "Wahoo Punks" maybe?  Times like this I wish I had Tivo.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »
Did you get any Spongebob items?  I remember watching Spongebob before it was so popular.  Back then, you could do a general search on ebay, and come up with less than two dozen items!  Now there are probably that many categories.  I never did get one of the special employee promo 'snowglobes', which was one of the only items on ebay back then.  I do have the Kool Aid mail-away plush slammer, though.  I think that was the first plush Spongebob, maybe even the first kid's toy.  It's sitting on my end table - looks great, but doesn't talk anymore, as I just now discovered.......

Hey, the reason I dug up this thread - I just saw a Nickelodeon commercial for a new ICarly 'movie' where it looks like one of the kids is wearing a Wacky shirt.  It went by pretty fast, but I got the impression it was a can.  Hawaiian Punch, "Wahoo Punks" maybe?  Times like this I wish I had Tivo.
I didn't get any SpongeBob stuff, I was at Viacom from 1993 til 1996, I assume spongebob came about after that as I don't remember any spongebob stuff.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »

I saw the same thing.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
iCarly tends to parody a lot of products in the show.  They parody Apple computers, for example.  I wouldn't be surprised if anything you see related to that show are all original gags thought up by the show's creative team.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

Back when Nickelodeon started up in the early 1980's (around 1980-1981), they ran a Canadian show called "You Can't Do That on Television" (usually came on in the afternoons before Dangermouse). There were a bunch of child actors ranging in age of 10 to 16 that would put on a variety sketch show. It was kinda like Zoom meets the Muppet Show (in that the audience saw backstage all the ins and outs of doing a TV show intercut with actual skits). There was an adult stagehand/director that oversaw the kids. It was all staged for the cameras. It ran on Nick for about 10 years. Also of interest is that Alanis Morrisette got her start on the show at age 10, before she became a big time singer.

One of the features of the show was that whenever someone said the phrase "I don't know", they got slimed with the green goop. It was always great to watch and see someone get slimed (usually 3-4 times per show it would happen). It was a really popular show for them in the 1980s...so much so that they eventually adopted the slime splat logo and started sliming people on other shows (especially their kid award shows in the 1990's). There you have it... the origin of slime on Nickelodeon.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »
For anyone who is interested in learning more about You Can't Do That On Television, you can check this fansite: http://www.ycdtotv.com.

Some of the trivia about the show may surprise you as to how some of the jokes weren't what you would expect to be aimed at kids. Case in point: why Lance Prevert (the "dad" on the show) was a senator.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

I found that scene in a montage video and grabbed a snapshot. I thought it was Hawaiian Punks at first. Wonder why they didn't use it, since the related show Victorious used those Topps images on that locker?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
I found that scene in a montage video and grabbed a snapshot. I thought it was Hawaiian Punks at first. Wonder why they didn't use it, since the related show Victorious used those Topps images on that locker?

how weird. that shirt seems to be a 'wacky package' version of a drink that's sold within the show universe - Wahoo Punch. They even 'stole' the upper part of the Hawaiian Punks can and the 'free offer' tag off of the original wacky.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
That's kind of mind-blowing if I think about it too much.

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 04:36:32 AM »

It's sort of a "wonky package" in disguise.

anything