Author Topic: Jay Lynch/Abrams Book Sketch's  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Jay Lynch/Abrams Book Sketch's
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
I thought I would share the recent addition to my collection.  I didn't see a thread on these here, but a couple months ago Jay Lynch did sketch characters in the new Abrams book for $25.00 each, and the drawings were done in the front of the book where the blank "sticker-less" Wacky page is.  There was a template of 25 characters you could choose from.  I took the concept one step further, and instead of purchasing one book with a sketch character inside, I decided to get one of each of the 25 characters, and I provided Jay a format to follow for each one so they were consistent. However, since I didn't want 25 books to have to go through to see them, I decided to have the pages cut-out of the books so I could display them in a binder book.  I just needed to separate the 4-page signatures that came out of the books and square up the pages with a cutting board.  I am extremely happy with the way they came out!  I think they look great in 2-pocket sleeves and display awesome.  Jay did a great job with each sketch, and I love the simplicity of his style.  It's amazing how it's so hard to tell the ink Jay drew vs. the print from the book, they look so close.

Here are some pics, but a few of them are a little on the blurry side………………

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:29:14 AM by Dr Popper »
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Jay Lynch/Abrams Book Sketch's
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
Does he still do these? Those are really cool! I had no idea there was an offer to do this. Any links to get this done?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
Does he still do these? Those are really cool! I had no idea there was an offer to do this. Any links to get this done?

I believe the thread was on Greg's original forum right before it got closed to posting, but it was a rather extensive thread.  You should be able to still find it there.  I think Jay went to Greg's place to coordinate all of the orders, and like I said it was at least a couple months ago.  Bill F. actually came up with the idea and helped them work out the template titles.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
I believe the thread was on Greg's original forum right before it got closed to posting, but it was a rather extensive thread.  You should be able to still find it there.  I think Jay went to Greg's place to coordinate all of the orders, and like I said it was at least a couple months ago.  Bill F. actually came up with the idea and helped them work out the template titles.
That's all correct, I got 1 of 2 "Quaker Oats" duck...It is FANTASTIC!!! :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:50:49 AM »
Wow, that's very cool, Rob!  Did you actually buy 25 books?  If so, what did you do with all those books that have the one page cut out?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »
Wow, that's very cool, Rob!  Did you actually buy 25 books?  If so, what did you do with all those books that have the one page cut out?

I had to buy all 25 books to do it, but I don't have them because of the cost to ship them.  Greg has the books now.  I thought about getting the extra books and use them to make framed pictures with the good ones.   

anything