Author Topic: Old School 5 sketch cards  (Read 15109 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Old School 5 sketch cards
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:09:23 AM »
Let's post sketch pulls here.  I hope to have some to scan this weekend!

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Old School 5 sketch cards
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »
I just checked my Tracking # and it shows out for delivery today!!!??

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
I just checked my Tracking # and it shows out for delivery today!!!??

Mine says delivery next business day. I take it that would be Monday. Did you pay for expedited delivery?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
no.......  :'(

Common Common!!!!! Bring the Package!!!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
Got my boxes this morning -- this time around Topps' service has been great, at least sending a package to New York.  My sketches below.  I can't seem to color correct very well on my scanner.  The sketches don't really have that sepia tone.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
Elizabeth, terrific pulls!  It's great that you got 6 different artists.  I love the way Ron Comes colored the borders on his sketch.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
Elizabeth, terrific pulls!  It's great that you got 6 different artists.  I love the way Ron Comes colored the borders on his sketch.
Gosh, I hadn't yet noticed that Ron colored the border.  Great observation! I'm still in a wacky haze of Old School joy.  :P Thanks to Dave Gross -- and all the artists who participated -- for a truly excellent series!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 01:17:40 PM »
And thanks Joe for posting your "Creeps" in the other thread.  I didn't get one of your sketches, so it's great to have a chance to see your work.  Looking forward to more showing up in this thread soon as everyone posts their pulls! 

Offline dth1971

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
This is mine:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »
Here are my sketch pulls.  The first 8 are from the case, and the Gatoraid is from the single box.  I'm very pleased!!  I love the way Mark got Gurgle into the Forgers sketch!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 05:50:42 AM »
Here are my sketch pulls.  The first 8 are from the case, and the Gatoraid is from the single box.  I'm very pleased!!  I love the way Mark got Gurgle into the Forgers sketch!

Those are some beauties Pat -- great pulls!!

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
Only ordered 2 boxes and this was pulled. It was a lucky day because I also opened a bonus box of chrome wackys from Target and got a cyan printing plate. Should have also played the lottery that day ...LOL

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »

Nice pulls Pat

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
I'm hoping everyone is as pleased with their sketch pulls as I am.  Maybe the lower production run and increased number of sketch artists will result in happier customers.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 02:54:57 PM »
Only ordered 2 boxes and this was pulled. It was a lucky day because I also opened a bonus box of chrome wackys from Target and got a cyan printing plate. Should have also played the lottery that day ...LOL

I bet if you had bought a lottery ticket that day, You would have won at least something on it.

Offline Chenduz

• Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 07:08:24 AM »

Congratz on pulling one of my sketch cards! This is the first one I've seen online!  ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Here is what I pulled. So far these are looking really good.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
Low and behold, the delivery to Johns Hopkins hospital arrived today about 3pm. Starting to open now.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
Scored a Printing Plate!  Very happy with my pulls.  Thanks for another cool OS Release.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
Here is what I pulled. So far these are looking really good.

All of those are great, and I particularly like King O'Scare. Congrats Brad!

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 06:01:39 PM »
Congratz on pulling one of my sketch cards! This is the first one I've seen online!  ;D

Thanks. Great looking card. Keep up the good work

Offline Chenduz

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »
Thank you Grabowski67!  :great: I hope to see more of my cards hitting the surface soon!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
Scored a Printing Plate!  Very happy with my pulls.  Thanks for another cool OS Release.

Is it me or does that Hoo Has look like Mr. Hankey?

Offline Chenduz

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Is it me or does that Hoo Has look like Mr. Hankey?

Hahaha, he does.... I was thinking about that when I was coloring him!

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

Holy Cow! Those are amazing!  That's the best random pull of sketches I've seen yet.  I didn't even bother buying any boxes this time as I'm so tired of pulling crappy sketches, so I'm glad to see a fellow collector score big!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
Holy Cow! Those are amazing!  That's the best random pull of sketches I've seen yet.  I didn't even bother buying any boxes this time as I'm so tired of pulling crappy sketches, so I'm glad to see a fellow collector score big!

I think maybe the reduced print run and the large number of sketch artists gave the artists more time to spend on each of their sketches.  I sure don't have any complaints!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:25 AM »
I think maybe the reduced print run and the large number of sketch artists gave the artists more time to spend on each of their sketches.  I sure don't have any complaints!
Does anyone know what the print run was of this series?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 05:12:04 AM »
Does anyone know what the print run was of this series?

Dave previously mentioned it was more like Old School 1, which was around 3,500 boxes.

Offline Chenduz

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 05:58:03 AM »
I just opened my one and only box and I pulled this sketch card; Delinquent Spinach by Neil Camera  ;D

I miss the top row of my nine puzzle though :sad:

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
Since a number of my Bug Wally sketches have shown up on eBay I thought it would be cool to post the set I did.  Since Bug Wally is from the 13th series I placed him in and with characters from that series.  My fav is the Umbrella.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »
Since a number of my Bug Wally sketches have shown up on eBay I thought it would be cool to post the set I did.  Since Bug Wally is from the 13th series I placed him in and with characters from that series.  My fav is the Umbrella.

I agree Joe, they are all great, but Bug Wally / Umbrella is special!

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 07:17:08 PM »
I just opened my one and only box and I pulled this sketch card; Delinquent Spinach by Neil Camera  ;D

I miss the top row of my nine puzzle though :sad:

I really like this group of sketches!  Great idea to weave Bug Wally into a variety of poses with other characters; really fun to see them all together!

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 07:18:15 PM »

Perhaps, but based on some of the stuff I've seen on ebay, I think your group is in the top third tier of sketch cards from this set!

Offline barfwimpson

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
Great set!

I didn't hit the lucky tattoo mix with my three boxes to finish the set (got the same lot of 6 titles in two of the boxes), which seems to mean the rest (which I haven't sorted out yet) probably won't collate too well, but I'm sure I'm good on the tans and probably the whites and regular ludlows maybe.  I'm hoping to get a few more boxes once I replenish funds.
I'm really glad to have a fifth set of these to add to the other four and I'm hoping there's a sixth based on 70's products. No need to get to the 80's yet! 

Here are my sketches, all nice ones including the recently discussed "Bug Wally / Umbrella" combo from Joe G's cool subset.

I'm not much of a sketch collector so these are on Ebay for anyone interested in any of them.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
I agree Joe, they are all great, but Bug Wally / Umbrella is special!

I agree!     That one is awesome.

anything