Author Topic: 1st Series Cover Ghoul  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: 1st Series Cover Ghoul
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
Bwa-ha-ha!!
Should be in the NUTS thread too for asking $400 for that thing

Offline drono

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
Bwa-ha-ha!!
Should be in the NUTS thread too for asking $400 for that thing

$400 for PSA 4 and only $79 for the PSA 8!  Wow, what a deal!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »
Unbelievable!  I've always doubted the expertise of PSA graders and this shows it's all just nonsense!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »
Mechanical errors like this happen all the time, especially when cards have similar titles. Of course PSA Graders lack specific knowledge about wacky details, hard to expect otherwise.

If the sellers weren't intentionally trying to misrepresent the cards, they would simply send them in to have the flips corrected free of charge.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »
Mechanical errors like this happen all the time, especially when cards have similar titles. Of course PSA Graders lack specific knowledge about wacky details, hard to expect otherwise.

If the sellers weren't intentionally trying to misrepresent the cards, they would simply send them in to have the flips corrected free of charge.
The one with the PSA 4 is trying to misrepresent. The other guy does tell you it is a series five. He is only asking 9 dollars for a starting bid. Still high for that card in that condition though.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:49:07 AM »
There are also tons of wonderbread singles graded 9 or 10 that are being sold as original series stickers
because PSA did not know the difference

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
There are also tons of wonderbread singles graded 9 or 10 that are being sold as original series stickers
because PSA did not know the difference

Yes. And in many cases, the difference is not something that can be spelled out precisely. Greg can have theories about die cuts, but in many cases it's not very conclusive.

I get that the populations are high for wonder bread titles. If the difference can't be spelled out, then the value of those titles will necessarily be affected whether or not they're WBs.

If they mislabel a conclusive wonder bread, it's up to the buyer not to buy the flip. I wish they could be as expert on every card set as we are on wackys, but I'm afraid it's not realistic.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
My attitude on all this has changed over the years. I used to get on PSA for every mistake they made.

Would I love it if they were perfect? Of course. But the reality is, they have no expertise on classifying wackys precisely, and never will. So I take them for what they are, which is a means of detecting alteration, separating high grade cards from junk, making selling high grade cards more liquid and enhancing their value.

For all their flaws, they make it possible for me to actually buy wackys I will be happy with on eBay, and no other service has ever accomplished that.

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
The one with the PSA 4 is trying to misrepresent. The other guy does tell you it is a series five. He is only asking 9 dollars for a starting bid. Still high for that card in that condition though.

I told him that PSA had made an error and that it was a series 5 card.  I didn't bother with the other guy.  Anyone who tries to get $400 for a PSA 4 -- even on a 1st series tan probably wouldn't listen.  He would probably think that my motivation was to get him to lower his prices.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
I will sell you a Cracked Animals Die Cut for $42.39 - Let me know how many you want so I can order the proper amount of ink!!!!!! LMBO!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »
Its so obvious. The cheap error is OC...LOL :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Yes. And in many cases, the difference is not something that can be spelled out precisely. Greg can have theories about die cuts, but in many cases it's not very conclusive.

I get that the populations are high for wonder bread titles. If the difference can't be spelled out, then the value of those titles will necessarily be affected whether or not they're WBs.

If they mislabel a conclusive wonder bread, it's up to the buyer not to buy the flip. I wish they could be as expert on every card set as we are on wackys, but I'm afraid it's not realistic.

You are right. If they want to grade non-sport they need people that are up on each product. I don't collect GPKs but I would think I could grade. The thing is I have no passion/knowledge of the series to understand what character belongs to what series. You would think with a 45 day turnaround they would have time but I think they go by what people write on the order form. I haven't done any PSA for several years but I can't imagine they are still using the order sheet and not logging online. Maybe they are? I'm just unaware.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
They do now have an online submission form.

anything