Author Topic: Happy 5th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day!!!  (Read 3351 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Can it be June 9th already?!!!

As some of you might remember, we've been celebrating today as Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day! But as luck would have it, this year has been more hectic than usual and sadly, there won't be any drawings or giveaways or promo cards! :(

But I hope all of you will take some time out and celebrate the day with your favorite wacky stories!

Here's a fun wacky story of mine:

Recently, fellow wackyist, Brent Engstrom moved down the street from me. Great guy - and very talented, too! So, one day while working on a wacky project together, I needed to bring him some sketch cards. Luckily, he wasn't familiar with my practical joke side, so I decided to take advantage of this with a little gag: I had my daughter pretend to be a girl scout selling cookies door to door. While I waited in the car, I sent her off, and when he answered the door, she started giving the sales pitch. She's a great actress! And he was a very polite listener! After a while, you could tell he didn't want any cookies, but then she told him he would get free wacky packages with every box - and handed him the sketchcards! That moment of confusion was priceless - and then he realized the setup! Luckily, he's really good natured and so we all had a good laugh! Wish I had it on video - it would've made a great AFV episode, which by the way, we spent the rest of the evening watching at his place! Fun stuff!

So, let's hear some of your favorite wacky stories in honor of the 5th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:22:18 AM by koduck »

Taz

I don't have a story to share at this time but I wanted to wish all the forum members a Happy 5th National Wacky Packages Day" official or not!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
I don't have a story to share at this time but I wanted to wish all the forum members a Happy 5th National Wacky Packages Day" official or not!

No wacky story from me either Taz. Happy 5th Annual Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day everyone!!!

Offline Zenergizer

have a Happy Wacky Day everyone!  May all your wishes be gold bordered!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
have a Happy Wacky Day everyone!  May all your wishes be gold bordered!

IT'S WACKY TIME!!! :P :o :] :D ;) ;D
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

[/quote]HEY their is a story right now on the Yahoo page.......Fictional Icons Real Names with a image of Captain Crunch and a related trivia story.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Happy Wacky day everyone! Good thing there wasn't a contest because I had to travel to Denver for training. I would have missed all the fun. :D

Offline DrDeal

Happy Wacky Packages Day. Any kid who visits my house to play with one of my two sons always leaves with wackys. Some will never be the same as the bug starts to bite them.  :)   

DrDeal

anything