Author Topic: Weird Al Yankovic  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
Weird Al Yankovic
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Its fantastic to see, that like Wackys, in music we have Al. Amazing to see that after 14 album deal he signed with Warner back in 1982, he just got his first #1 Album

Watch how todays kids react to what Al has been doing all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syGKzWsBrQ8

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Weird Al Yankovic
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:17:34 AM »
Its fantastic to see, that like Wackys, in music we have Al. Amazing to see that after 14 album deal he signed with Warner back in 1982, he just got his first #1 Album

Watch how todays kids react to what Al has been doing all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syGKzWsBrQ8

Happy for Al to finally get that elusive #1 although he's come close over the years. Who would have thought that that kid, who's bathroom recording of MY BOLOGNA played on the Dr. Demento show back in the '70s, would still be still be at it 40 years later. I think his WORD CRIMES, off of this album, may be his best lyrical parody to date.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »
I agree, I compare it almost like Wackys in that they have survived the test of time from one generation to the next. I also like the song Foil off of this new album. But Al sadly announced that this is his last big bang in the music biz. He will take it easy now and just do small youtube eps in the future. He just wanted to meet his obligation for the 14 album deal and call it a day.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »
I’d like Weird Al to do a parody of Carly Simon’s song, “Anticipation”

And call it, “Procrastination”

Procrastination, Procrastination
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting…

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:32:52 PM »
I’d like Weird Al to do a parody of Carly Simon’s song, “Anticipation”

And call it, “Procrastination”

Procrastination, Procrastination
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting…

I think he should do a parody of Clapton's classic Cocaine, His version would either be Propane or Rogaine.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 06:38:05 AM »

I think he should do a parody of Clapton's classic Cocaine, His version would either be Propane or Rogaine.

Mark, I like Rogaine! That's great. Rogaine could be the name of a bald woman who stars in the video.

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, Rogaine. If you want to get down, get down on the ground, Rogaine.

How about a Weird Al version of Aerosmith’s, "Love in an Elevator", with his version being, “Lovin’ an Alligator”

As he's swallowed by the reptile, he sings, Lovin’ an alligator, lovin' it up when I'm goin' down.      

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
I wonder if Weird Al ever collected Wacky Packages?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:19 PM »
I wonder if Weird Al ever collected Wacky Packages?

Well he is the king of parody-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »
Mark, I like Rogaine! That's great. Rogaine could be the name of a bald woman who stars in the video.

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, Rogaine. If you want to get down, get down on the ground, Rogaine.

How about a Weird Al version of Aerosmith’s, "Love in an Elevator", with his version being, “Lovin’ an Alligator”

As he's swallowed by the reptile, he sings, Lovin’ an alligator, lovin' it up when I'm goin' down.      

Another suggestion for Al would be I'm So Exhausted done to the Pointer Sisters I'm So Excited. BTW Weird Al will be in my hometown Williamsport, PA. on Aug 5th.