Author Topic: Test to see if you like Child Boards  (Read 5268 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Test to see if you like Child Boards
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
This is a test to show you what a child board will look like. This is basically a subcategory of the original board. This might make things easier for the user to find if they are looking for a specific forum topic.

Offline exceedrin

Re: Test to see if you like Child Boards
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
I think this could be useful as long as members are disciplined enough to post in the correct child board. Would you limit the children to MAJOR categories like Original Series, Old School Series, Posters, Die-cuts, Postcards, Original Art, ANS Series? Too many children would not be good...just my two cents without taking a lot of time to really think it through.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »
I think this could be useful as long as members are disciplined enough to post in the correct child board. Would you limit the children to MAJOR categories like Original Series, Old School Series, Posters, Die-cuts, Postcards, Original Art, ANS Series? Too many children would not be good...just my two cents without taking a lot of time to really think it through.

I agree, too many could be annoying but I kind of like having stuff filed in tidy topics and boards.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »
I say "no" to child boards.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:08:34 AM »
I'm okay with child boards.  Then again, I am the type of person that is always filing my emails away in sub-folders for easy future reference.  I think the key is keeping them down to a reasonable amount of sub-categories, as the others above have also suggested.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »

Your right it could get a bit tedious to go through each smaller board. I think I will leave as only original series as a separate category for now and see what people think. If we need to break down in the future we can move topics.

Offline spy vs spy

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:19:43 AM »
Testing one two this was only a test

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 06:36:20 PM »
Your right it could get a bit tedious to go through each smaller board. I think I will leave as only original series as a separate category for now and see what people think. If we need to break down in the future we can move topics.
There haven't been a lot of votes on this, but I like the idea of having a simple "child board" just for original series.  Although I see there hasn't been a lot of activity here!  Man, gotta come up with something more to post.  Let me think.....

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
There haven't been a lot of votes on this, but I like the idea of having a simple "child board" just for original series.  Although I see there hasn't been a lot of activity here!  Man, gotta come up with something more to post.  Let me think.....

I think I will leave it just the way it is because the OS people can discuss the originals in a separate area from all the new stuff. You do have to come up with some cool topics. Hey, did you want me to make you a child board under non wacky discussions for Pinball?