Author Topic: Happening Now--LOOK!! 1973 CREATURE FEATURE GRADED PACKS--"NOT 'FUN PACKS'  (Read 6029 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator

Offline Bob1968

Thanks.  I know what you mean.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I collected thes as a kid and loved them. The monsters were making a huge comeback in the early 70s. I think I still have a full set and maybe a wrapper. I think they did these again in the early 80s? I loved the series but when it comes to collecting unopened packs it has to be Wacky related.

One other set, around this time, I'm really fond of is planet of the apes. I couldn't get enough of them at the time. That is another reason series 11 Wackys is dear to my heart.

Offline Bob1968

Yeah, I love planet of the apes too. I've bought and sold many of the 1975 wax boxes of those over the years.

Offline NEZHEAD42

I bought a couple of packs in 1973 and still have the cards (although they are bent up and round cornered to the extreme). I was really into monster films (still am) and thought these were great. I have a complete set of the 1980 series with cards, stickers and 4 different wrappers. One day (it's on my list) I'll get the two 1973 sets and be happy to complete this aspect of card collecting.

Side note: The series is actually titled Creature Feature, but the back of each card has a corny joke or limerick and has the legend "You'll Die Laughing" printed above the joke. Because of this, alot of collectors call or refer to this series as You'll Die Laughing.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who