Author Topic: WP Chrome Superfractor Discussion  (Read 17150 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: WP Chrome Superfractor Discussion
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
However, I reject the characterization of the posts I've made as "snarky." I legitimately think these are ugly as hell, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with posting that opinion.

You have not been "snarky," in my reading of your posts - you've just been honest in expressing your thoughts.  Please, don't stop posting because some people don't agree with you!  A forum should allow for differing opinions and open discussion.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
There are some real haters on this board. Nothing that is new coming out elicits a positive comment from some of these collectors. Okay, we get it, you don't like the new stuff you only collect the old stuff, but those comments are really getting old. When it it's just plain snarky all the time, it doesn't help the hobby one bit. JMHO.

Expressing an opinion does NOT make someone a "hater."  Paul Maul has always posted in a civil manner, and simply stated his thoughts in a direct fashion.  No "snarky" or hateful comments that I've noted.  This is a forum for open discussion, and it works best when everyone feels they can state their opinion without being called names.

If he doesn't like this series, more for everyone else, right?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
Guys, I don't think his comments were that bad. I don't mind people letting others know if something is getting redundant. I will make it known if I'm not excited about a product and I'm sure I've been repetitive. Collectors get excited about something and their enthusiasm oozes in their posts but others can come on the forum and totally cut down a product others are excited about. It's happened to me on sketches and I even made it known I was not excited about chrome initially. I'm not sure I'm real excited now but I do have a case coming and once I see them I will express my opinion. I thought Flashback were strange at first and then when opening them I thought they were fun. After opening thousands of packs I can't stand them...HaHa

Offline Kook

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
Expressing an opinion does NOT make someone a "hater."  Paul Maul has always posted in a civil manner, and simply stated his thoughts in a direct fashion.  No "snarky" or hateful comments that I've noted.  This is a forum for open discussion, and it works best when everyone feels they can state their opinion without being called names.

I don't get where the "hater" comment comes from either. I don't recall Dave commenting on the chrome series at all. Dave's posts have always been valuable and informative IMO, and he does have a very deep knowledge of vintage wackys that he is always ready and willing to share. His opinons are clearly and respectfully stated.

P.S. Although it may look different in person, that cracked animals refracter card pic does look like it's covered with a bunch of fingerprints to me too.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »
that cracked animals refracter card pic does look like it's covered with a bunch of fingerprints to me too.
You snarky sum-bitch.  LOL

I found some Chrome today and bought a blaster box and a few of the feeder packs. Like Pat's initial reaction, I don't think they're special enough to warrant their cost. May do a base set from eBay at some point, but I think otherwise I'm done with them already. Guess I jumped the snark, too!  :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »
You snarky sum-bitch.  LOL

I found some Chrome today and bought a blaster box and a few of the feeder packs. Like Pat's initial reaction, I don't think they're special enough to warrant their cost. May do a base set from eBay at some point, but I think otherwise I'm done with them already. Guess I jumped the snark, too!  :P

After seeing what is on eBay I wish I wouldn't have bought a case. The lost Wackys were all released already. I thought these would be the images from the 17th series? I think the cutting room floor are those from the binder but I'm not totally sure. Hopefully I can get a superefractor and pay for my case. I think these will die a fast death. After about 3 weeks you will find sets for $5.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 01:16:04 AM »
I don't get where the "hater" comment comes from either. I don't recall Dave commenting on the chrome series at all. Dave's posts have always been valuable and informative IMO, and he does have a very deep knowledge of vintage wackys that he is always ready and willing to share. His opinons are clearly and respectfully stated.

P.S. Although it may look different in person, that cracked animals refracter card pic does look like it's covered with a bunch of fingerprints to me too.

The hater comment wasn't directed at just one single person but referred to several collectors who consistently post negative comments about new product - some of the criticism seems disingenuous because some have also posted that they don't even collect the new wackys and love only the vintage cards which is what makes them haters imo - it doesn't matter what the new product is they won't like them and will tell you so in so many swilly words. I'm not sure why several posters here are singling out specific members here - I've not called anyone out by name or flamed anyone specific in any of my replies, it's a general observation of some consistent commentary over several threads. A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 03:07:20 AM »
 I think these will die a fast death. After about 3 weeks you will find sets for $5.
[/quote]

Chromies will prove you wrong Brad.  Don't forget your shades when you crack that case!  I think you will be a changed man once you have that
experience. Then you will post a lengthy conversion story on this board and start spreading the word about the wonders of chrome.  IMHO.   8)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
I think these will die a fast death. After about 3 weeks you will find sets for $5.

Chromies will prove you wrong Brad.  Don't forget your shades when you crack that case!  I think you will be a changed man once you have that
experience. Then you will post a lengthy conversion story on this board and start spreading the word about the wonders of chrome.  IMHO.   8)

I hope you're right! ;)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
For the record, I purchased every ANS set up through series 9. I also purchased every Old School set, as well as providing scans from my collection to be used for Old School. It's true I don't have much interest in new releases any more, though that could change in theory if something (like the first cereal boxes) really appeals to me. It's more the direction the new releases have taken (emphasizing chase items, gimmicks, etc.) that I find to be a big turn off, hence many of my negative comments.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »
Expressing an opinion does NOT make someone a "hater."  Paul Maul has always posted in a civil manner, and simply stated his thoughts in a direct fashion.  No "snarky" or hateful comments that I've noted.  This is a forum for open discussion, and it works best when everyone feels they can state their opinion without being called names.

YOU'RE ALL "HATERS >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D"

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »

AND snarkaholics!!! Free Swilly!!!
JK - A

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
AND snarkaholics!!! Free Swilly!!!
JK - A

I think we need a new set at some point....."Snarky Packages"

every title with a snarky wacky character 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

Haters have been CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
Haters have been CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little soda came out my nose on that one.   ;D
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »
Where are the superfractors?  Only 9 have hit Ebay. If chrome is so short printed where are these cards hiding. I dont see a bunch of them being found by collectors and posted on this board. What gives???
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:46:54 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
Where are the superfractors?  Only about 7 have hit Ebay. If chrome is so short printed where are these cards hiding. I dont see a bunch of them being found by collectors and posted on this board. What gives???
and there 4x as many of the altered art version cards, and they are as scarce on ebay too.
but that could just be because dealers have no idea what the original art looks like, so they have no idea anything is changed.
I wonder how many of these will be mistakenly thrown into swill sets or recycle bins?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 01:06:54 AM »
and there 4x as many of the altered art version cards, and they are as scarce on ebay too.
but that could just be because dealers have no idea what the original art looks like, so they have no idea anything is changed.
I wonder how many of these will be mistakenly thrown into swill sets or recycle bins?

I was thinking that myself, bet a bunch of $20 base sets went out that first week with altered cards in them.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2014, 04:11:49 AM »
I can see Altered Art cards sneaking into base sets, but if there are 110 Superfractors; why have only 10 surfaced?  I think only one person has pulled one on this board.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:57 AM »
I can see Altered Art cards sneaking into base sets, but if there are 110 Superfractors; why have only 10 surfaced?  I think only one person has pulled one on this board.

I can't see how a superfractor would accidentally end up in a base set.  I did think we'd have seen more superfractors, but I guess they're being found and dealt behind the scenes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:01:13 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2014, 05:15:18 AM »
I was thinking that myself, bet a bunch of $20 base sets went out that first week with altered cards in them.

Not mine - I am checking...but that is possible... :o :o :o :o

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2014, 06:51:36 AM »
I can't see how a superfractor would accidentally end up in a base set.  I did think we'd have seen more superfractors, but I guess they're being found and dealt behind the scenes.

i was not stating Superfractors could end up in base sets. Altered Arts cards could ; but not supers.

I am just wondering what percent of Chrome boxes remain unopened at present.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »
CardGarys has the Jail-o SF on Ebay. It looks pretty cool. Better than others IMO. Just don't have the scratch to own it.  :)

anything