Author Topic: WP Chrome Superfractor Discussion  (Read 17059 times)

Offline DrDeal

WP Chrome Superfractor Discussion
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:11:57 AM »
Post your WP Chrome Superfractor scores here. Post a picture if you can.

Offline DrDeal

Re: WP Chrome Superfractor Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:55:44 AM »
First Superfractor on Ebay now. Busted Finger. Looking cool!  $1999 Buy It Now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271555276075?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 03:41:05 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271555276075?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For future reference, when the ebay auction is no longer available, here's the pic:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:39:44 AM »

already dropped to a $1299 Buy It Now

I think they will have to go far, far lower than that to find a buyer.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Not that impressed - hopefully they look better in person!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:10 AM »

I think the chrome base cards themselves are fine. But the various refractor background patterns distract from the artwork, in my opinion. Take the BUSTEDFINGER superfractor above, as an example. The background pattern muddies the artwork and text a bit.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:18:16 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
Busted finger super sold for 550$ off ebay.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »
That's a pretty good score for a $3 pack searched

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:11 PM »
That's a pretty good score for a $3 pack searched

If you want to search 11k packs. Lol

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »
I concur. I don't get the draw nor the high value (excluding the obvious "rarity").

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »
I concur. I don't get the draw nor the high value (excluding the obvious "rarity").

It kind of looks like bad wallpaper. Why am I regretting ordering a case?

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
It kind of looks like bad wallpaper. Why am I regretting ordering a case?

A lot of people didn't like the superfractors at first. Lol

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
A lot of people didn't like the superfractors at first. Lol

well said

Superfractorfragilisticexpialidocious                              :-[

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 01:24:47 AM »
Ok, I DO like this one - looks 3-D like, with the refractor circles stopping at or underneath the main figures which pop out....
it's also my favorite overall image from die cut series.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Chrome-SUPERFRACTOR-1-1-CRACKED-ANIMALS-/231289555767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d9ee8b37

But not at that price..... - Alex

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 03:23:12 AM »
They should start these at $99 and see where they land.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 04:41:26 AM »
Ok, I DO like this one - looks 3-D like, with the refractor circles stopping at or underneath the main figures which pop out....
it's also my favorite overall image from die cut series.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Chrome-SUPERFRACTOR-1-1-CRACKED-ANIMALS-/231289555767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d9ee8b37

But not at that price..... - Alex

Here's the pic:

Do these really look so much better in person to command such high prices?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:42:59 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 07:52:57 AM »
Here's the pic:

Do these really look so much better in person to command such high prices?

To me, it looks like someone took a cracked animal and covered it with grimy fingerprints.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »
There are some real haters on this board. Nothing that is new coming out elicits a positive comment from some of these collectors. Okay, we get it, you don't like the new stuff you only collect the old stuff, but those comments are really getting old. When it it's just plain snarky all the time, it doesn't help the hobby one bit. JMHO.

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »
There are some real haters on this board. Nothing that is new coming out elicits a positive comment from some of these collectors. Okay, we get it, you don't like the new stuff you only collect the old stuff, but those comments are really getting old. When it it's just plain snarky all the time, it doesn't help the hobby one bit. JMHO.

This is nothing new.  It happened in sports, it happened when GPK Chrome came out and it happened with Star Wars Chrome came out.  Not everyone likes chrome but most collectors end up loving them and the Topps chrome superfractor has become the chase card.  I did not like the superfractor at first.  I do know that if one of the collectors who say they do not like them will get very excited when they pull one.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »
This is nothing new.  It happened in sports, it happened when GPK Chrome came out and it happened with Star Wars Chrome came out.  Not everyone likes chrome but most collectors end up loving them and the Topps chrome superfractor has become the chase card.  I did not like the superfractor at first.  I do know that if one of the collectors who say they do not like them will get very excited when they pull one.

its like the FORD Etdsel - ugly but worth a lot... :P :P :P :P

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »
To me, it looks like someone took a cracked animal and covered it with grimy fingerprints.

It reminds me of a popular pattern used in metal polishing/texturing… engine turned mechanical finishes that are often used to decorate aluminum. 

Offline SuperfractorNut

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »
It reminds me of a popular pattern used in metal polishing/texturing… engine turned mechanical finishes that are often used to decorate aluminum. 

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah it very similar.  There is this wall at the gym I call the superfractor wall. LOL

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »

If a frank opinion on this stuff bothers you, I won't post any more.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:19 AM »
If a frank opinion on this stuff bothers you, I won't post any more.

Shirley we can all get along                                    ;)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 11:14:39 AM »
However, I reject the characterization of the posts I've made as "snarky." I legitimately think these are ugly as hell, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with posting that opinion.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
Shockingly, I don’t think the word “snarky” has every made it onto a Wacky!

Check out a hot link of this fan art

http://josiah-shockency-jcs.deviantart.com/art/Another-BIG-HOT-Wacky-Packages-Promotion-388760952

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »
Shirley we can all get along                                    ;)

Don't call me Shirley... :-X :-X :-X

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »
I'm OK not posting any more about this. I'm too busy arguing about the top 10 Batman artists right now anyway.....

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
However, I reject the characterization of the posts I've made as "snarky." I legitimately think these are ugly as hell, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with posting that opinion.

That's okay, even if it is snarky because its..... (wait for it).... SNARK WEEK!

Plus us old guys (over 40s) have to get plenty of snark practice in to be old geezers some day.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:08:44 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:38 PM »
That's okay, even if it is snarky because its..... (wait for it).... SNARK WEEK!

Plus us old guys (over 40s) have to get plenty of snark practice in to be old geysers some day. 
Snarknado!

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »

Plus us old guys (over 40s) have to get plenty of snark practice in to be old geysers some day. 

...and old geysers have earned the right to spout off...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
I said initially I wasn't going to partake but when the release date was upon us I thought its been a while since I opened any Wackys so I'll give it a shot. So far from what I have seen it's not too compelling but I have to see them in person first. I won't be the guy spending crazy money going after Superfractors.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:01 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but I might remind you that we have a Forum Moderator who, I'm quite certain, will frown upon this type of remark. This is an open forum and anyone can say anything they desire (within reason) without fear of retaliation or suppression. Pat/Brad, please clarify or correct me, if I'm incorrect.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I just want to point this out: we all have our opinions and the right to express them here without concern.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »

geysers = wet geezers     ;)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but I might remind you that we have a Forum Moderator who, I'm quite certain, will frown upon this type of remark. This is an open forum and anyone can say anything they desire (within reason) without fear of retaliation or suppression. Pat/Brad, please clarify or correct me, if I'm incorrect.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I just want to point this out: we all have our opinions and the right to express them here without concern.

I didn't name names, personally said anything derogatory about an individual, nor did I indicate that no one is allowed to express their opinions, as I expressed mine. But if you are collectively looking at all the 'old geezer'(quoted from another post above) reviews of new product, its a big ol hater's convention of snarkiness. These comments are from collectors who would never even buy any of the new stuff (usually) in the first place and have not seen any of the items in person that they are slamming. And yes, I'm in the old geezer's club myself. There was no retaliation or suppression here - just noticed and pointing out that there were posts upon posts of putdowns and new product slamming - JUST SAYIN. I've seen a post where people on here were called cheap and no one reacted to that!!! I think I'm more civil than that.
And why doesn't someone just start a separate thread where collectors can just go and vent negatively about the new product?

anything