Author Topic: OS Full Boxes  (Read 7964 times)

Offline ghoulhumor

OS Full Boxes
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:00:12 AM »
Still looking for full boxes of series 1-16 due they even exist!????

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: OS Full Boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
There are some, but posting here is not likely to bear fruit, unfortunately.

Offline ghoulhumor

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
Any good suggestions? I tried this once b4 and found one person with a couple but very very expensive!!!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »
Not really. Most people I know in the hobby who had full boxes have sold them off over the years. Best bet probably is to keep an eye on auction houses as well as eBay, but bargains are not likely. It was much easier ten years ago to come by such items, and that includes the less common unopened packs too.

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »
Bear Fruit .. ?

Is that some sort of new hybrid type ?

You can buy a picture of a full box on eBay if you want yanno ..

Of course it could be a picture of an empty box though ..  ;D
How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
Bear Fruit .. ?

Is that some sort of new hybrid type ?

You can buy a picture of a full box on eBay if you want yanno ..

(Image removed from quote.)

Of course it could be a picture of an empty box though ..  ;D
I am so tired of seeing those box pictures being sold on ebay

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:54:10 AM »
I am so tired of seeing those box pictures being sold on ebay

I agree. Twice now I have almost clicked the Buy It Now thinking it was a super low price for a box of wackys. Im sure that has happened before.

Offline drono

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
I agree. Twice now I have almost clicked the Buy It Now thinking it was a super low price for a box of wackys. Im sure that has happened before.

I remember on an episode of The People's Court, someone bought a picture of an iPhone on eBay for $500.  Judge Judy called the eBay merchant a "scammer" and ordered her to give the purchaser her money back, even though she argued that the auction clearly said "photo."  So, it happens on other items too.

One of the worst things that I see is these new books being produced that are just compilations of Wikipedia articles.  The price on these books is in the $35-$70 range.  I doubt if they sell any though.  It even looks like this one must be something scripted to pull the information because they didn't correct the error in Jørre Kjemperud's name on the front cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Beach-Volleyball-Players-At-the-2000-Sum-by-Books-Llc-Paperback-Book-Englis-/360953913140?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item540a879f34

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 07:18:52 AM »
In a related vein, I noticed one of the more prolific Wacky sellers on ebay (tedjeffrey) offering a group of 10 reproduction OS boxes, made apparently from photographing authentic boxes.  They look close enough to the real thing, right down to the series labels, that it leaves me wondering.  Granted, one of the boxes is labeled "17th Series" which could never be confused with anything else, the seller clearly explains they are repros and maybe all the boxes have additional markings to that effect (description doesn't say), but it looks like they were produced in quantity as offerings are repetitive.  What concerns me is what might happen after these boxes change hands a few times - will they be offered for sale somewhere down the line as legit authentic OS boxes, and/or could they be mistaken as such by prospective buyers?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
In a related vein, I noticed one of the more prolific Wacky sellers on ebay (tedjeffrey) offering a group of 10 reproduction OS boxes, made apparently from photographing authentic boxes.  They look close enough to the real thing, right down to the series labels, that it leaves me wondering.  Granted, one of the boxes is labeled "17th Series" which could never be confused with anything else, the seller clearly explains they are repros and maybe all the boxes have additional markings to that effect (description doesn't say), but it looks like they were produced in quantity as offerings are repetitive.  What concerns me is what might happen after these boxes change hands a few times - will they be offered for sale somewhere down the line as legit authentic OS boxes, and/or could they be mistaken as such by prospective buyers?

They don't look remotely authentic in hand, but I agree auction photos could be convincing.

Offline Kook

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
They don't look remotely authentic in hand, but I agree auction photos could be convincing.

These were produced in limited qty in similar fashion to the lost wackys sets from the early 2000's. Possibly in conjunction. I have seen a set of these boxes & they are not perforated. If you are a total newbie with 0 knowledge of the hobby & come across a really dishonest person, there's a chance for confusion or misrepresentation, but in 99% of wacky transactions, these would never (or could never) be mistaken for the real thing.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
Good to know.  Apparently seeing them in hand the difference is obvious.  Not that I'm in pursuit of any boxes right now, but it's nice to know there's minimal risk of this kind of mix-up.

On second thought, I would like to find a halfway-decent 16th box to replace my crappy one . . .  :^)