Author Topic: Original Series Pricing  (Read 6425 times)

Offline ludlowman

Original Series Pricing
« on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
Hello all. Not sure if I will be posting this in the proper spot, sorry if I am off. I used to post on the old forum years ago. went there tonight and found this seems to be the new home.

I have a question and I hope this is the spot for it.

As I said I haven't been active in the hobby in years. Last time I posted my son was in grade school. Well now he is a sophmore and I'm working on the college savings. Times are hard and I hate to do it but I am considering selling some of my collection. I have been on ebay and looking for pricing but that place is so cluttered with all of the new stuff its crazy. Can anyone tell me where I can start some research on pricing for some of my stuff? I probably want to put it on ebay but have no clue anymore what current market may be for things.

One thing I will say is that it's dangerous coming back to the forum, all the great posts and info is kind of rekindling the old collecting bone but I have to really move on the kids savings. Man I hope he appreciates it some day lol! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks!

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Original Series Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »
Hello all. Not sure if I will be posting this in the proper spot, sorry if I am off. I used to post on the old forum years ago. went there tonight and found this seems to be the new home.

I have a question and I hope this is the spot for it.

As I said I haven't been active in the hobby in years. Last time I posted my son was in grade school. Well now he is a sophmore and I'm working on the college savings. Times are hard and I hate to do it but I am considering selling some of my collection. I have been on ebay and looking for pricing but that place is so cluttered with all of the new stuff its crazy. Can anyone tell me where I can start some research on pricing for some of my stuff? I probably want to put it on ebay but have no clue anymore what current market may be for things.

One thing I will say is that it's dangerous coming back to the forum, all the great posts and info is kind of rekindling the old collecting bone but I have to really move on the kids savings. Man I hope he appreciates it some day lol! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks!

Yes, this is a dangerous place.        We are like alcoholics hanging out at a liquor store        :-[

I think Greg's price guide is still one of the best resources.

I haven't looked at it in ages, but did just now and considering the low prices of 16th series titles, it appears to be current

http://www.wackypacks.com/priceguide/stickers.html

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 02:31:37 AM »
Bill F will chime in when he sees this. He follows the current market pretty closely.

Offline ludlowman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm not going to sell everything just duplicates and unwanted stuff. Trying not to part with my Ludlow set but have to do what I have to do, Maybe?  Hey does anyone know how I can get my walking Ludlow camel avatar back LOL?

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:49:33 AM »
Bill F will chime in when he sees this. He follows the current market pretty closely.

Strangely enough, demand across the board has been a bit lackluster lately. There have been a number of early OPC auctions in the past few months, and stickers & puzzle pieces that would have sold in the $20 to $30 each range in prior years, sold in the $3 to $10 range in lots w/limited interest. Very high grade stuff does cause the pricing to spike on certain items (as Dave has recently pointed out with the crazy 4 figure psa9 diecuts & we saw w/ the unfolded toadal poster selling for $700+), but other than that, believe it or not, Greg's price guide has been pretty accurate overall over many years. There are exceptions for some very htf items i.e. diecut number variations will typically pull good prices - better than he has listed, especially in nice condition. I wonder if it's a self fulfilling prophesy? Many people use that price guideline, and the prices have held pretty closely to it.

If you have any specific items in question, I, and I'm sure others too, would offer an opinion.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:08:42 AM by Kook »

Offline ludlowman

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Seems like old times with familiar people responding. Its appreciated greatly. Will be working with some of the old members here on maybe selling some stuff. Will stay in touch with you guys.
Thanks!

Offline ludlowman

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
Yes, this is a dangerous place.        We are like alcoholics hanging out at a liquor store        :-[

I think Greg's price guide is still one of the best resources.

I haven't looked at it in ages, but did just now and considering the low prices of 16th series titles, it appears to be current

http://www.wackypacks.com/priceguide/stickers.html

Dangerous and alcoholics LOL, how very true!!

Offline ludlowman

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »
Just want to thank all you guys for the input I received, especially Brut_88. I'm probably going to put my 2nd black ludlow set and about 30 or so nice Die Cuts on the chopping block here. Not sure yet if I will sell as a whole set or break them up. Man its going to hurt but I still have most of my stuff from when I was a kid. Hey thanks again guys, i'm sure i'll be lurking and posting if I have anything to add.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
Just posted Series 11 thru 15 sets for sale in the "Selling" thread:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=979.msg67408#msg67408
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »
Still have original series 12 and 13 sticker sets available.  Also offering up a complete set of original series puzzles for series 1 thru 15 including all variations (19 puzzles total):

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=979.msg67520#msg67520

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

anything