Author Topic: Spring 2015 Philly Show in Allentown Roll Call  (Read 11242 times)

Offline Hipton

Spring 2015 Philly Show in Allentown Roll Call
« on: March 22, 2015, 06:54:33 PM »
I thought Shoe might have started this thread, but couldn't find one. Who is planning on attending the spring Philly Show?  I had a great time last year and would love to see everyone this year.  Pinfest at the Allentown fairgrounds is also on the same weekend.  Might also be tempted to sell a few of my rare items if there's interest.  Need to make my plans ASAP and schedule the time off from work and book a room!

Offline bigtomi

Re: Spring 2015 Philly Show in Allentown Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:35:27 PM »
I am planning on being there, but it's never a sure thing anymore. Between other obligations and my daughter starting college this fall, things have a way of changing dynamically...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:56:34 PM »
I am planning on being there, but it's never a sure thing anymore. Between other obligations and my daughter starting college this fall, things have a way of changing dynamically...

I'm going through the same thing. My son will be going to CSU this fall. It's amazing how fast time goes once kids hit school.

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:17:21 AM »
I thought Shoe might have started this thread, but couldn't find one. Who is planning on attending the spring Philly Show?  I had a great time last year and would love to see everyone this year.  Pinfest at the Allentown fairgrounds is also on the same weekend.  Might also be tempted to sell a few of my rare items if there's interest.  Need to make my plans ASAP and schedule the time off from work and book a room!

I'm planning on going. I'm curious to know what rare items are you considering selling?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »

Normally I would be the 1st to start a post about this, But everytime I do, I don't get any replies until a week or so before the show's date and even then they are not always positive. I plan on being there Day 1, But won't be able to stay over for the night due to duties back here at home the next day, Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:09:49 AM »
I will make the drive out east

Online quas

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »
I'm planning to be there.  Bring any sketch cards you might be interested in unloading and I'll take a look!  8)
Marc

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »
If I didn't already travel so much lately, I'd try and get down there, but likely won't again.

Also, Lavirus and I would love to see if there is any interest in a small Northeast gathering
maybe late spring or summer this year?  Not sure when or where, but it would be fun
to have many of us together again, reliving those days at Andy's (Ditchmasters).

Offline DitchMasters

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
Hey Zenergizer,  I was thinking I'd like to convene with the New England faithful also.  I could even host at my house. I have considered the trip for the Spring Allentown show, but I'm waffling a little. It helps to see who plans to attend.  I've got 15 or so OS die-cuts that I'm looking to trade against similar items.

My favorite aspect of the shows is the trading that occurs at the empty collectors tables. We Wacky collectors bring more to the show than all the dealers combined !

-Andy

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 07:32:47 PM »
Nice to hear from you, Andy!  If you ever want to host one again, I'm sure I can get Lavirus and myself and many others to come on over!

Hope things are well for you!

Offline DitchMasters

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »
Hey Paul!,  It's great to make contact again. I will definitely host a gathering. Cabin fever abounds after this rough winter. I'd love to get SoreMel and maybe Paul Maul up here, too. And any other enthusiasts who want to talk Wackys !

-Andy

Offline Hipton

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
Andy, it would be great to see you again! I'll definitely try to make it to your place if you host a gathering!  If I am going, I need to make plans soon.  It would be nice to have some Wacky folks to get a bite to eat with and I will be at the pinball show Saturday.  I have a full poster box, plack set, a nice 1st series original set and some odds and ends.  Need to go through my things. It seems a shame to have things packed away and not looked at.  Never got around to framing my plack set after all these years, maybe someone else would appreciate having it.  If anyone is looking for anything specific, send a pm. If I have it, I might consider offers.  Not looking to sell everything, but maybe consolidate a little.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
Wow, Andy returns! I can't believe that gathering at your house was *10* years ago, when Greg was in town!

Offline DitchMasters

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »
Hey Hipton !  Hi Lavirus !

Yes, it has been forever since I've posted. I'm thinking about the shows we've enjoyed in the past and wishing for that same experience again. I like the original series, and it seems that most of the discussion is about ANS these days. I'm glad to reconnect with others that are also stuck in the past !

Offline Hipton

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
I don't know if I'll be going or not.  I can't get the Sunday off unless someone switches with me. I don't think Shoe will make it as he has started a new job. 

Online quas

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »
I don't know if I'll be going or not.  I can't get the Sunday off unless someone switches with me. I don't think Shoe will make it as he has started a new job.

A Philly show without Shoe is like a day without sunshine...    :sad:
Marc

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »

Very nice of you to say Marc, Thank you very much. We have as of this Sat. the 25th, Only one week to go and then let the Wacky trading begin. There are many of you (And you know who you are) that haven't attended this show in about 2 or 3 yrs and I'm sure the reasons why are very understandable. But please do your best to attend either the 2nd or 3rd, A good time awaits all.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »

Hey Marc, Looking forward to seeing you on Sat. Viewing the replies from what I've seen here, It seems we have a few definite and a couple of maybe's.

Online quas

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 01:19:19 PM »

Same here Shoe!  At the moment, looks like decent weather so hopefully no need to stand out in the rain until the doors open.  Maybe Roxanne could sell (at a profit) big umbrellas that bear the logo "Philly Non-Sports Show"!

Looks like this time there was no "$10 table" set aside just for Wacky collectors, so we may be relegated to the usual dining area to do our trading and story swapping.

Hey Marc, Looking forward to seeing you on Sat. Viewing the replies from what I've seen here, It seems we have a few definite and a couple of maybe's.
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
I will be a last minute decision as I am still recovering from pneumonia (for 2.5 months now) and it all depends on how strong I feel.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »
Looks like this time there was no "$10 table" set aside just for Wacky collectors, so we may be relegated to the usual dining area to do our trading and story swapping.
Marc, the last couple of shows they have set up a couple of generic trading tables that, to my knowledge, were available to all free of charge.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the show tomorrow.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
How was the show? Did Topps have any presence? Good WP trading?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
At least for me, the show was so-so. Really didn't find anything exciting, got a few original series stickers that were rather nice. Did some trading of puzzle pieces with Shoe and sold some original series stickers to another collector (who just happens to live quite local to me!).

Shockingly, Ernie was there...and, of course, he found the good stuff! He found a couple of 1st Ludlows for like a dollar each. He later came up to me and showed me a BandAche he'd found. That was cool, but internally, I just kinda shrugged. He then turned it around and showed me its back...and it was tan! The clincher: he then told me what he paid for it: $2.00!!!  Yes, two frickin' dollars for a tan-Ache! Oy. Why can't I ever find this stuff!?!?!?

I didn't notice any Topps presence today.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
Ernie always does that! I'm pissed I couldn't go, Ern hasn't been in years.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »
Ernie always does that! I'm pissed I couldn't go, Ern hasn't been in years.
Yeah, he wasn't there very long. His wife and daughter went to Dorney Park while he jumped over to the show. He finds better/more stuff in a few minutes than I found all day...

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »

I had a great show, I finally acquired my 9-16 binders I needed, Got a Pupsi-Cola for $35, A nr. complete set of original 12th for $50, A nr. complete original 2nd tan set for $80, A complete 8th and 9th puzzle from the binder series courtesy of Marc Simon (Quas) and etc.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 02:46:09 AM »

Mark,

Glad to see you completed the binder collection. That is not an easy task these days.

You must have been elated.

I had a great show, I finally acquired my 9-16 binders I needed, Got a Pupsi-Cola for $35, A nr. complete set of original 12th for $50, A nr. complete original 2nd tan set for $80, A complete 8th and 9th puzzle from the binder series courtesy of Marc Simon (Quas) and etc.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 11:21:39 AM »

I have sent out a promo pack to Campy and 1 to Ruffs, One other forum member sent me a pm requesting one, But I can't recall who it was. Send me a pm again to remind me.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
Hey Zenergizer,  I was thinking I'd like to convene with the New England faithful also.  I could even host at my house. I have considered the trip for the Spring Allentown show, but I'm waffling a little. It helps to see who plans to attend.  I've got 15 or so OS die-cuts that I'm looking to trade against similar items.

My favorite aspect of the shows is the trading that occurs at the empty collectors tables. We Wacky collectors bring more to the show than all the dealers combined !

-Andy
Hey Andy, I hope all is well.  It has been forever.  I have not made it to a show in many years.  My kids are constantly on the go with sports and travelling all over the Northeast. If you decide  to hold a get together I would love to try and make it.  I know it is fairly far for me, but I would certainly try.  Keep me posted!  Bill
Still looking for Series 17