Author Topic: Singles from the Shoe.  (Read 18535 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Singles from the Shoe.
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:25:49 AM »
A couple weeks ago, Mrs Shoe & I went antique shopping & flea marketing around the Amish area of PA. and we went to one of our favorite shops called the Heritage Antique/Collectibles. At one of the dealers booths, There was a display case that had 2 nice stacks of original Wacky singles, Altogether I picked up 65. The majority of them ranged from 2nd-9th and there were 2 from the 1st and a few from the 12th. Any interest in any of the series, Send me a PM.

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Singles from the Shoe.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
A couple weeks ago, Mrs Shoe & I went antique shopping & flea marketing around the Amish area of PA. and we went to one of our favorite shops called the Heritage Antique/Collectibles. At one of the dealers booths, There was a display case that had 2 nice stacks of original Wacky singles, Altogether I picked up 65. The majority of them ranged from 2nd-9th and there were 2 from the 1st and a few from the 12th. Any interest in any of the series, Send me a PM.

Wacky's in Amish country?! Very cool

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Wacky's in Amish country?! Very cool

(Image removed from quote.)

Very cool indeed.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

If anybody wants a list of any or all titles from the singles I picked up, Send me a PM, I will be bringing them to the spring show in a few weeks however.

Very cool indeed.

Offline ludlowman

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
Does Lebanon Levi control the Wacky market in Lancaster? ;D

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
Does Lebanon Levi control the Wacky market in Lancaster? ;D

If he is, He's a big endorser of Oscar Mayor bologna-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »

I have acquired more originals, These ones range from the 3rd-9th, If anybody has an interest, Send a PM.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Just a couple things to pass along to all of you:

1. If any of you would like a list of what I have from 3-9, Send me a PM.
2. I have a friend in VA. who has many singles and multiple sets of 1st-15th, If you would like to get in touch with him, Send me a PM and I'll provide you with his name & no.

I have acquired more originals, These ones range from the 3rd-9th, If anybody has an interest, Send a PM.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »

I would like to ask a couple of favors of all forum members:

1. How many of you on here have a complete 1-16 run?

2. And are you satisfied with it or are there some upgrades you are in need of?

The reason I ask these questions is because I know the main collecting interests on this forum is mostly based on the original 1st-16th series, I was heavily considering purchasing a huge collection from someone, But that idea has been put on the back burner for a while. I am happy to report that with the exception of 1 set, I'm going to be able to get my own run back again because as a lot of you know, I had to part with mine a couple yrs. ago. I should have 9 out of the 10 sets I need by sometime in Dec. I currently have the 5th-9th and the 11th. In the meantime though, I look forward to a reply from all of you on my 2 posted questions.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
I do.

2. And are you satisfied with it or are there some upgrades you are in need of?
Always upgrading when possible. May never finish that task...but the vast majority of my keepers are satisfactory, really.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
I do.
Always upgrading when possible. May never finish that task...but the vast majority of my keepers are satisfactory, really.

Thank you Tom, Appreciate your input, If you decide which serie(s) you want to upgrade on, I'll put you in touch with my friend I mentioned.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
I don't have a complete 1-16 anymore. I've traded a few cards when I found it advanced my ultimate goals to do so.

My main priority is die cuts and series 1-7. When I am able to trade/sell a few 8th/9th series PSA 10s for $1000 worth of cash/cards I want more, I do it and figure out how to replace those cards later. This was a tough decision for me to make, but it has allowed me to make more progress than I ever dreamed possible on what I really care about.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
I don't have a complete 1-16 anymore. I've traded a few cards when I found it advanced my ultimate goals to do so.

My main priority is die cuts and series 1-7. When I am able to trade/sell a few 8th/9th series PSA 10s for $1000 worth of cash/cards I want more, I do it and figure out how to replace those cards later. This was a tough decision for me to make, but it has allowed me to make more progress than I ever dreamed possible on what I really care about.

Thank you for your input in my thread Dave, If you ever decide to get back a little or a lot of what you gave up before, I can point you in the direction of a friend who can help you out I'm sure.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 04:59:05 AM »
I am still looking for Shedd's   I need a few upgrades to my series  16.  (Always looking for that better centered card so I guess I will never be through with obtain original series wackies).  Also still need Ratz and Cracked, and jolly mean #21.  Haven't even appropriated any double hostess cards. So I feel that even though I have 1000's of wackies I am no where near complete. 

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
I am still looking for Shedd's   I need a few upgrades to my series  16.  (Always looking for that better centered card so I guess I will never be through with obtain original series wackies).  Also still need Ratz and Cracked, and jolly mean #21.  Haven't even appropriated any double hostess cards. So I feel that even though I have 1000's of wackies I am no where near complete. 

Thank you for your inquiry Joe, Unfortunately my friend doesn't have a Ratz or Cracked or any of the Shedd ones.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 05:26:50 AM »

Mark, if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.  See ya in October

Thank you for your inquiry Joe, Unfortunately my friend doesn't have a Ratz or Cracked or any of the Shedd ones.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »

Yeah Joe you are right, The thrill is in the hunt.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
Have you hunt down any chrome yet?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Have you hunt down any chrome yet?

Other than 10-15 packs at the local Target nearby me, I'm awaiting a box from one of the members on here.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 10:04:56 PM »

Other than 10-15 packs at the local Target nearby me, I'm awaiting a box from one of the members on here.

It's not rocket science, go get the packs! While you wait go get some packs.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
It's not rocket science, go get the packs! While you wait go get some packs.

Believe me, I have been buying packs and I haven't pulled a duplicate yet.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 05:32:35 PM »

I remember this subject being discussed in great length on one of the old forums (John Mann's maybe?) I believe the thread was named something like "Who Here Has Sealed the Deal". There were three "levels" of what qualified as a full run... A, B & C.

As of this past Wednesday, I officially completed my third 1st-16th run when I received the elusive TR puzzle piece for the 16th series. I have a fourth 1st -16th run that is about 90% complete. I quit collecting the ANS stuff a few years ago and have concentrated on building the sets from the 70's.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »

Did you leave any there? I might be going soon and I wanna get some if they're there. If they're not, there's really no point in going unless there's some other cool stuff.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
Did you leave any there? I might be going soon and I wanna get some if they're there. If they're not, there's really no point in going unless there's some other cool stuff.

Nevermind. This was from 2014...

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »
Nevermind. This was from 2014...

There are some there, But unless he's added anything new to his display case, The last time I was there, There was only the new stuff.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
Found some OS checklists at a PA flea market that takes place on only Tuesdays I believe. It's called Roots. Someone had boxes of non sports and I found some checklists, but no cards.. I picked up a Choke Wagon list and that's it.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 10:36:20 AM »
Found some OS checklists at a PA flea market that takes place on only Tuesdays I believe. It's called Roots. Someone had boxes of non sports and I found some checklists, but no cards.. I picked up a Choke Wagon list and that's it.

About 14 years ago, I found one of the last alternate checklists I needed to "seal the deal" at a sci-fi convention.  One never knows!!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »
About 14 years ago, I found one of the last alternate checklists I needed to "seal the deal" at a sci-fi convention.  One never knows!!

Wow.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
Found some OS cards at an antique shop at Antiques Capital USA in PA near Heritage antiques.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »
Found some OS cards at an antique shop at Antiques Capital USA in PA near Heritage antiques.

Were there a lot of them and which series were available?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 03:11:16 PM »

Were there a lot of them and which series were available?

There weren't many, I grabbed 4. I got the only Truant and one Run a way, there was another. There were some series 1's and a series 1 checklist. There were also 2 grimes.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »
There weren't many, I grabbed 4. I got the only Truant and one Run a way, there was another. There were some series 1's and a series 1 checklist. There were also 2 grimes.

What were the prices on the series 1's, and were the Grimes Dusty or Heavy?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2016, 06:31:22 AM »

What were the prices on the series 1's, and were the Grimes Dusty or Heavy?

I think a lot of the cards were 3 to 4 dollars each, and there were no Heavy's. I looked, trust me. Probably woulda bought both if they were.  :]