Author Topic: Petition for Topps to print a OS 17th Sticker Set with Puzzle  (Read 10502 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Petition for Topps to print a OS 17th Sticker Set with Puzzle
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
I think to be fair, they should only offer the 17th Series "SET", if they ever do it, to those of us who actually made the financial commitment of all 17 binders...... your thoughts?

That would limit their sales of 17th Sets to the 100 or so people who actually purchased all 16 binders. I can't see that being a viable option considering the costs of producing the set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
I think to be fair, they should only offer the 17th Series "SET", if they ever do it, to those of us who actually made the financial commitment of all 17 binders...... your thoughts?

They used the 17th binder and sketch as the free, exclusive "reward" for customers buying the first 16 binders, and I can't see why they'd add anything else now.  If they produce a new set and they limit availability, they might just alienate more customers than they please.  And, their market would be so limited they'd likely lose money, too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:44:52 AM by RawGoo »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »
ANS has energized the hobby and been a blast. I prize my ANS sets.

Andrew

I agree that ANS has brought Wackys to a new generation, and has reinvigorated the hobby, too.  But they could have done both of those by releasing simpler OS-like sets that don't cost the price of a car to complete.  That's the problem.  If Wackys are for kids, then a set needs to be realistically attainable by a kid, like they were for us... but they're not.  When it's cheaper to buy a pack-fresh, complete set of original 1st series Ludlows from 1973 than a complete set of any of the ANS series with all their chase cards, etc., something's wrong with the system.  Sure, adult collectors making 6-figs can plop a few grand down willy nilly, but how is that cool to kids?  And it's not inflation (although corrected for inflation and the cheaper price to print these days, I would think a pack of Wackys could be 50-cents rather than 2 or 3 bucks).  It's just too many chase sets and manufactured variations.  Yah, a kid can still have some fun collecting a base set, but if they know there are rare cards beyond the base, they're going to want those too... and they shouldn't have to use their college fund to do it. That's my main complaint. The new Wacky Pack kids are being gypped the experience we had of actually being able to participate & complete sets on their own budget.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Very good points regarding alienating people and viability.

I suggest they send me a PSA Ratz and Cracked Animals and I will feel better!!!!  ;D :P :]

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 03:06:11 AM »
$65.00 per binder times 16 & people are talking about Topps not making enough money? I'm sure  100 sets of 17th series cards won't kill off Topps, probably break even or even if they take a hit , so what. But like what else is being said it is not going to happen.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:54 AM »
I'm pretty positive there will not be a binder sticker set. The cost of making a diecutted sticker set with puzzle pieces is quite high. Not too mention they have to pay all the artists to complete the rest of the paintings and...not all the paintings would be available to this set as some may be used for other purposes.

For fun here are my binder rough drawings:

anything