Author Topic: TOPPS STORE  (Read 14967 times)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
Re: TOPPS STORE
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
Why on Gods Green Earth will you launch a wacky product to ALL RETAIL outlets and not even offer it in your own store. This is 2014 and not 1974, I think these folks have no clue about marketing. They hatch plans way ahead only to become EPIC FAIL! I would figure Chromes would have binders and extras there. Norm Saunders gets bamboozled again for paintings he did 40 years ago.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:29 AM »
Why on Gods Green Earth will you launch a wacky product to ALL RETAIL outlets and not even offer it in your own store. This is 2014 and not 1974, I think these folks have no clue about marketing. They hatch plans way ahead only to become EPIC FAIL! I would figure Chromes would have binders and extras there. Norm Saunders gets bamboozled again for paintings he did 40 years ago.

Dude - we are talking about Topps here......a day late and a dollar short!!!as soon as Mike J. left - there is really no one running the Wacky Machine!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Marc, yes it's very strange that no binders are available.  Topps used to sell them on eBay as well but no longer.  Could this be the end of Wacky binders?  I'm hoping they're just doing a little house keeping and all will be back on track with Olds 5 but we'll see ...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but it really is depressing that the Topps Store is almost completely ignoring Wackys.  I think the wrappers on the Chrome, especially the bonus boxes and value packs, are fabulous (OK, not so much the retail store ones because of pack searching, but I actually like the idea of seeing a full Wacky in all its glory looking out at me.  Reminds me of the old days of sports rack and cello packs).  I think a Chrome binder would be awesome.  I mean, it'll save me $20 not having to buy one, but I'd gladly do it.  And there are so many other items that *could* be there that aren't.  Ugh.

Offline LukeDeem

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but it really is depressing that the Topps Store is almost completely ignoring Wackys.  I think the wrappers on the Chrome, especially the bonus boxes and value packs, are fabulous (OK, not so much the retail store ones because of pack searching, but I actually like the idea of seeing a full Wacky in all its glory looking out at me.  Reminds me of the old days of sports rack and cello packs).  I think a Chrome binder would be awesome.  I mean, it'll save me $20 not having to buy one, but I'd gladly do it.  And there are so many other items that *could* be there that aren't.  Ugh.

Count me in, I agree! Topps, this thred is a must read!
My girlfriend and I are Wacky Pack collectors, since 2008

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »
Not to mention that Halloween is coming up and they will probably drop the ball on the traditional Post Card set. Let alone there hasnt been a post card set issued in some time or an Olds series. As mentioned already, no one is running this ship 8)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »
Dude - we are talking about Topps here......a day late and a dollar short!!!as soon as Mike J. left - there is really no one running the Wacky Machine!!! :o :o :o :o :o

The Saturday Evening Ghost in the Machine is running the Wacky circus over in Toppsville!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 05:10:10 AM »
The Saturday Evening Ghost in the Machine is running the Wacky circus over in Toppsville!

(Image removed from quote.)

TRU DAT!!!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »
I think we're confusing the Topps spies that read our posts. A few years back, we were saying Topps is making too much Wacky stuff. Now we are saying that are ignoring Wackies. My wallet does appreciate the summer break. Looking forward to new Old School and ANS later this fall!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
I think we're confusing the Topps spies that read our posts. A few years back, we were saying Topps is making too much Wacky stuff. Now we are saying that are ignoring Wackies. My wallet does appreciate the summer break. Looking forward to new Old School and ANS later this fall!
I was thinking the same thing - we were all moaning and complaining about way too much new stuff.

but - I really don't understand where all the stuff that they used to have has gone. there's no way they sold all those binders and some of that other stuff.

or why they aren't stocking any of the current chrome boxes or value packs?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
I was thinking the same thing - we were all moaning and complaining about way too much new stuff.

but - I really don't understand where all the stuff that they used to have has gone. there's no way they sold all those binders and some of that other stuff.

I guess their decision to pull the binders has helped the resellers. I wonder if they will sell binders at the next Philly Show? I bet yes.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
They are soooo slick! They actually take the time to shuffle the images a few times a week, but no new items.... ????

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:39 PM »

They sold the binders in a fire sale. I could have bought a bunch but turned it down. I think guys like Cardgary bought a few cases. I highly doubt there will be a Chrome binder. I would love to have one but it won't happen.

Offline quas

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 06:03:53 AM »
They sold the binders in a fire sale. I could have bought a bunch but turned it down. I think guys like Cardgary bought a few cases. I highly doubt there will be a Chrome binder. I would love to have one but it won't happen.

How about a Chrome binder that's has refractors for the front, back, and spine?  Front could be atomic, spine could be X-fractor, and back could be the "standard" refractor.  That would be cool...   :great:
Marc

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 06:22:15 AM »
How about a Chrome binder that's has refractors for the front, back, and spine?  Front could be atomic, spine could be X-fractor, and back could be the "standard" refractor.  That would be cool...   :great:

As long as we are dreaming, why not go big and have a superfractor front. A $9,000.00 binder!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline quas

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 06:27:30 AM »
As long as we are dreaming, why not go big and have a superfractor front. A $9,000.00 binder!

How about both a superfractor front and a massive gold refractor ludlow back.  $9,500 Buy It Now.
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
I posted this in another thread.  I hope this fulfills your binder diet.

Here are the pics of my finished product (ended up with a 2" binder for all the stuff)

and the JPG files for your printing desires.  I hope this helps!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
   For what its worth, the Topps' online store added new GPK binders yesterday. They now have 16 available. Perhaps they were trying to provide one for each original set without going the same route as the Wacky Binders.

Now on the Wacky Packages aisle of the store, only 9 items. Its sad when I probably have more WP inventory at home than they do in stock.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
     Now on the Wacky Packages aisle of the store, only 9 items. Its sad when I probably have more WP inventory at home than they do in stock.

and 2 of those have been sold out for months, which just leaves 7 of 9

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »

and 2 of those have been sold out for months, which just leaves 7 of 9

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:41:19 AM by Jean Nutty »

Offline quas

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2014, 01:20:50 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Who the heck is minding the store????  Mike J, we miss you terribly.....
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Maybe they are in cahoots with The Dark Lord Obammy..... They do not have a strategy either!  :]