Author Topic: TOPPS STORE  (Read 14859 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
TOPPS STORE
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
Anyone else visit the Topps online store today? They really cleared the number of items under several of the brands. Only 9 items listed for Wacky Packages; 21 GPK items; Minikins empty; and the Clearance section has been "clearanced" out. Wonder what that means.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: TOPPS STORE
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
Anyone else visit the Topps online store today? They really cleared the number of items under several of the brands. Only 9 items listed for Wacky Packages; 21 GPK items; Minikins empty; and the Clearance section has been "clearanced" out. Wonder what that means.
NEW BOSS ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:45 PM »

Noticed that too. At least they finally sold out of Halloween PCs.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »
I have a hard time believing that''s it. What happened to all the ans and wave 3&4 binders? Where are all the boxes of ans10 & 11 cards? A big bonfire out back?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:49:32 AM »
I have a hard time believing that''s it. What happened to all the ans and wave 3&4 binders? Where are all the boxes of ans10 & 11 cards? A big bonfire out back?

I am with you on that feeling. No rapid sales happened. They just took things out of the store. They only sold about 85 of the Wave  D Binders.
There is a nice stack of them still at Topps. Maybe they will use all that stuff for promo purposes and surprise us with bonus items in future orders.    ;)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:39 AM »
Maybe they're redoing the store?  Glad I got my Wave D binders last week!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:34:19 AM »
Maybe they're redoing the store?  Glad I got my Wave D binders last week!

what are wave D binders??

Offline Kook

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 06:40:27 AM »

Back in the ANS hay day, someone like lockwood would get a truckload of this stuff from Topps when they moved on to the next series. Maybe it will surface on ebay in bargain basement/wholesale lots from some other dealer?? My guess is they blew it all out to a wholesaler or maybe they actually did destroy it. Either way, I don't think they want to hold inventory that isn't turning at retail prices or at retail speed. That is the job of an odd-lot bargain basement type seller. They must be clearing the decks for something....

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
what are wave D binders??

I think it was Raw Goo's  way of referencing the OS series 13 - 16 binders. You know, OS 1-4 was wave A, Os 5- 8 was wave B, etc.  My guess anyway.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »
I think it was Raw Goo's  way of referencing the OS series 13 - 16 binders. You know, OS 1-4 was wave A, Os 5- 8 was wave B, etc.  My guess anyway.

Got it THX!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:47 PM »
What happened to all the ans and wave 3&4 binders? Where are all the boxes of ans10 & 11 cards? A big bonfire out back?
Hope springs eternal.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »
I have a "50% off your next order for up to $100" code from www.topps.com that expires on 5-21-14. If anyone wants to use it, shoot me a PM. I didn't see anything worth picking up right now....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:24:53 PM by View Monster »

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
I have a "50% off your next order for up to $100" code from www.topps.com that expires on 5-21-14. If anyone wants to use it, shoot me a PM. I didn't see anything worth picking up right now....

Update, The code has found a home.

Offline Just Me

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:48 AM »
Is Topps stopping the Wacky Packages line? Of the nine items shown on the Wacky Packages page, three are out of stock.

I also received the 50% off any order over $100 email, but there's nothing worth spending it on...

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »
Is Topps stopping the Wacky Packages line? Of the nine items shown on the Wacky Packages page, three are out of stock.

I also received the 50% off any order over $100 email, but there's nothing worth spending it on...

I headed straight for a box of Mar Attacks! trading cards but of course they are gone also.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »
I wish they would leave on-line what they really have available.

I find it hard to believe they "magically" sold all the stuff they removed.

"Someone" might want to buy an additional Postcard or Halloween Binder for future releases...... just saying....

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 09:55:59 PM »

"Someone" might want to buy an additional Postcard or Halloween Binder for future releases...... just saying....

I was looking to get 2 more Wacky binders....oh well....
Alex

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 03:41:24 AM »

I almost missed out on the Series 13-16 binders, and then my Series 17 bonus.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »
They added back some older stuff as of this post

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 07:40:15 PM »
They added back some older stuff as of this post

I still only see the cereal posters

Offline JM3

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 12:34:05 PM »
There are more things on-line now that the 50% off email that Topps sent out has expired. Coincidence?

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »
There are more things on-line now that the 50% off email that Topps sent out has expired. Coincidence?
I still only see the cereal posters and nothing else available

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »
I hadn't seen these before, but there's actually some non-baseball apparel for sale now. 
GPK and Bazooka Joe. Wonder if they'll get to Wackys?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 08:44:54 PM »
I hadn't seen these before, but there's actually some non-baseball apparel for sale now. 
GPK and Bazooka Joe. Wonder if they'll get to Wackys?

(Image removed from quote.)

I think they are new today. I received two adverts from Topps today via email featuring these shirts.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 09:34:51 PM »
I got the same emails promoting these, and Bazooka Joe, shirts.  I don't know if Wackys have a single iconic image, like the one for GPK shown here, but I'd love to see Topps sell a Wacky shirt.  But what would be on it?  Just the logo?  A collage of various classic titles?  A wrapper image?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
No idea but I collected just about al the shirts that were sold over the last 10 years. I see auctions now and they don't even get much attention. Its crazy. These shirts may never be produced again and no one cares? I'm just going to hold on to my collection, and I have a bunch. Some rarely seen.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 03:18:50 AM »
No idea but I collected just about al the shirts that were sold over the last 10 years. I see auctions now and they don't even get much attention. Its crazy. These shirts may never be produced again and no one cares? I'm just going to hold on to my collection, and I have a bunch. Some rarely seen.

Maybe you could let us see those rarely seen shirts?  I own about three WP Shirts and really like the soft fabrics used on the ones put out recently. Much different than most of my other shirts.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:33 AM »

same here Hoss....

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »
Sorry not to reply to you guys. I have all my shirts packed away in a plastic tub in the basement. I'll try and dig them out and post some pics soon.

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:12 PM »
still no love for the Wackys

got an email blast that GPK Chrome 2 is out and now stocked in the topps store.
still squat for The Packages.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:48 AM »
still no love for the Wackys

got an email blast that GPK Chrome 2 is out and now stocked in the topps store.
still squat for The Packages.

I know - what's up with this?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 05:01:50 AM »
I find it sad and disappointing the Topps Store has not added anything regarding the new Chrome release.

Binders to hold our new investment?

No new surprises?

I am not sure why they have a very poor internet campaign for such a large company....

What if I was an avid lover of WPs and was waiting on Topps Store info....meanwhile for weeks it sits on eBay and in Target, but how am I to know......  :'(

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 07:19:04 AM »
I find it sad and disappointing the Topps Store has not added anything regarding the new Chrome release.

Binders to hold our new investment?

No new surprises?

I am not sure why they have a very poor internet campaign for such a large company....

What if I was an avid lover of WPs and was waiting on Topps Store info....meanwhile for weeks it sits on eBay and in Target, but how am I to know......  :'(

Their Web Store and Internet Sales resources seem to be tied up in sending me 4 emails a day concerning new baseball releases that seem to role out hourly. If only they had a way to, perhaps, check my online purchases through their store and see what I have spent my money on, they might be able to do something differently. Lets get crazy and call it "target marketing" based on previous sales and browse history. Guess they never heard of Amazon. (Where is that sarcasm emoticon again?)

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
SOMEONE GOT A RAISE AT TOPPS!!!!!!

They shuffled the product offerings.... whaooo hooooooo!!!!

Yet nothing new  :'(

Offline quas

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »
Their Web Store and Internet Sales resources seem to be tied up in sending me 4 emails a day concerning new baseball releases that seem to role out hourly. If only they had a way to, perhaps, check my online purchases through their store and see what I have spent my money on, they might be able to do something differently. Lets get crazy and call it "target marketing" based on previous sales and browse history. Guess they never heard of Amazon. (Where is that sarcasm emoticon again?)

I get those same damn emails...amazing how there isn't even a Wacky binder available for sale on their website any more....
Marc

anything