Author Topic: 1st Series Fun Pack stickers  (Read 3730 times)

Offline gumby8691

1st Series Fun Pack stickers
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Hi all,
I received some WPs in the mail recently and got more (or probably less? lol...) than I bargained for. Turns out the "Paul Maul" (tan back) sticker had a different copyright than I was used to seeing. This one has "TOPPS Chewing Gum Company...". After some digging around I figured out it, along with the other stickers in lot, were first series Fun Pack stickers (I have a complete set). My question is this, are these rare items? Some of these have the same copyright info as Wonder Bread stickers and so I suppose that makes them kinda worthless but the "PM" sticker, as well as others, never appeared in either of the three WB releases...so I guess that makes them kinda unique.

Any information/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Gary

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: 1st Series Fun Pack stickers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »
the Fun Pack stickers were actually unused UK stickers, is my understanding.

a little more info here:
http://www.wacky-packages.net/wackypackages/uk-1st-series.htm
although, as always, take what Rusty has listed with a grain of salt.
for instance, he states only 13,000 boxes were produced. This is probably a mis-transformation of the statement in the WP gallery that 13,000 Sheets of Box images were produced.

Offline gumby8691

Re: 1st Series Fun Pack stickers
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
the Fun Pack stickers were actually unused UK stickers, is my understanding.

a little more info here:
http://www.wacky-packages.net/wackypackages/uk-1st-series.htm
although, as always, take what Rusty has listed with a grain of salt.
for instance, he states only 13,000 boxes were produced. This is probably a mis-transformation of the statement in the WP gallery that 13,000 Sheets of Box images were produced.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was on that site earlier, but didn't think to check UK sticker releases. Sometimes I find the background information on WPs just as fun as collecting them!

Cheers,
g

anything