Author Topic: R.I.P. Wee Willie Webber  (Read 12164 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
R.I.P. Wee Willie Webber
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »
Wee Willie Webber died a few days ago. For those who don't know who he was, he had a TV show out of Philadelphia. When I was a kid and it was really cool. It would feature a bunch of classic cartoons like Speed Racer and others. But mostly I remember it for Ultraman. Everyday I would stop playing with my friends and race home to see Ultraman at 4:30 on the Wee Willie Webber show. This is back when you had to change the channel yourself and there only was 3 - 6 - 10 and 12 on cable, just after dinosaurs roamed the earth.  :D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrSushi

Re: R.I.P. Wee Willie Webber
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
Wee Willie Webber died a few days ago. For those who don't know who he was, he had a TV show out of Philadelphia. When I was a kid and it was really cool. It would feature a bunch of classic cartoons like Speed Racer and others. But mostly I remember it for Ultraman. Everyday I would stop playing with my friends and race home to see Ultraman at 4:30 on the Wee Willie Webber show. This is back when you had to change the channel yourself and there only was 3 - 6 - 10 and 12 on cable, just after dinosaurs roamed the earth.  :D

Cable? We used to have an antenna and watch our handful of channels for free and that's the way we liked it!
 ;D

I don't think you could get away with calling the host of a kid's show "Wee Willie" these days!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
Yeah, maybe it was over the antennae, we had a big one connected to the side of the house.

I guess Pee Wee Herman spoiled it for all to follow.  ;D

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »
Rip, I loved that show
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »
Rip, I loved that show

I think he also showed Aqua man cartoons and Shazam!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:10:39 AM »
I think he also showed Aqua man cartoons and Shazam!

Did Aqua-Man ever have his own cartoon series?  The only Aqua-Man I ever remember seeing was on the Super Friends.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Did Aqua-Man ever have his own cartoon series?  The only Aqua-Man I ever remember seeing was on the Super Friends.

Aquaman (no hyphen) had his own cartoons in the 60's as part of the Superman/Aquaman show.  Classic stuff with Aqualad, Mera, Tuskee the walrus, and those cool seahorses they used to ride.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:07:18 PM »
Aquaman (no hyphen) had his own cartoons in the 60's as part of the Superman/Aquaman show.  Classic stuff with Aqualad, Mera, Tuskee the walrus, and those cool seahorses they used to ride.

I like how on Spongebob they use references to old cartoons like Aquaman. Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy. There even a Spongebob episode where they summon help from the other marine life like Aquaman would occasionally do.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 03:29:36 AM »
I like how on Spongebob they use references to old cartoons like Aquaman. Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy. There even a Spongebob episode where they summon help from the other marine life like Aquaman would occasionally do.

"Sea creatures, unite!!!"

anything