Author Topic: current topps art director/editor  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Gpann101

current topps art director/editor
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
Greetings all,
 Anyone know who the current art director or editor is for the topps wacky packages line? I have some ideas to present to them . Zapata had stepped down and its unclear to whom took his place. Thankyou- Greg

mysteryman

Re: current topps art director/editor
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:16:23 AM »
his name is Colin Walton,i believe..i was a co gag writer on ANS 3,5,6-i collaborated with Neil Camera..i made an attempt to get back in with Topps last year after being told they could still use me as a writer and Mr Walton's email response was less than professional..but i wish you the best of luck..maybe you will have better luck than i did-:)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:18:46 AM by mysteryman »

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »
Thankyou for the reply Mr. Mysteryman. I will try. I wish topps had a directory of employees. Sadly enough, it was easier to obtain this kind of info pre internet days!

mysteryman

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »
yes..im sure it was..your'e welcome..:)

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:23:34 PM »
Howdy all!

Well,it's been over a year and no one, not even topps themselves know who a current art director is within this company. I've contacted them,past/ current directors,artists,etc. I'm starting to think this company is a free masons style cult! This will be my last attempt to locate someone. If unsuccessful, I will post my ideas for everyone's viewing pleasure since that was my goal to begin with. There's reason why the clique " starving artist" was created. Thankyou for your time! Greg Panneitz

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

I'm starting to think this company is a free masons style cult!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:58:25 AM »
not even topps themselves know who a current art director is within this company.

I suspect it's more likely that they don't pass unsolicited calls along to employees. You need to go through proper channels in order to reach people.

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Proper channels?

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
Yes, you need to be introduced to someone at the company, you can't just call up a business and pitch ideas.

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
I just received this e-mail from Mr . Pound...

Hi Greg,

I can't speak for Topps, about whether they are looking for new artists and idea people. I stopped doing commercial art a few years ago. And before that, Topps was not looking at unsolicited ideas for stuff, partly for legal reasons.

However I will say it a nice clear drawing and idea, suitable for a Wacky Package concept sketch, in my opinion.

Best,--John

I do not know what legal issues were entailing. Definitely an honor to hear back his thoughts.

anything